Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #16
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,362
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

We should know already. We bounce back extremely well after losses. I'm not too concerned.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #17
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,594
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
We should know already. We bounce back extremely well after losses. I'm not too concerned.

I hope and pray that you are right about this bec this time around, they are up against a team with 3 superstars with one of the best defenses in the league, plus they are playing in front of thier home crowd.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #18
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,594
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
There was really no need to reply to my OP a second time, after the Bulls dropped game 2. You already replied. . .why make a second one basically mocking what I said after game 2 was over? -_- There's no point in that dude.


I'm also extremely tired of Bulls fans blaming Boozer for losses. For starters, if Boozer merely made 2 extra shots, he would've appeared to have a fantastic game where the Bulls didn't give him the ball enough or play him enough. Even if he just made one of his blown layups or putbacks, he would've shot better than the rest of the team did collectively.

In 26 minutes (barely over half a game), he had 20% of the Bulls' total rebounds and 24% of their offensive rebounds, 33% of the steals the Bulls got, and 29% of the blocks the Bulls got.

I would say, asides from the fact that he was 3/10 instead of 5/10, he had a good game. And honestly, even if he was 4/10, that would've been better than what the rest of the team shot.

Boozer was also not even on the floor to close out the game. You know, when the Bulls scored 2 points in the last 7 minutes and 15 seconds? Epic chokejob. And it was not even 1% Boozer's fault. Thibs left him on the bench while Taj Gibson kept letting kept letting rebounds bounce off his hands and into the clutches of the Heat over and over again. Even when Noah and Asik kept fouling and grabbed only 1 board in the last 7 minutes. Even when Korver couldn't hit a SINGLE ****in shot. Even when Rose did nothing but meander behind the 3pt line then launch a stupid shot. Even when Deng just kept turning the ball over after trying to force the ball into the paint as if he was a superstar slasher.

Boozer didn't do that shit. He played well besides missing a couple extra shots. Of couse, the ENTIRE BULLS TEAM shot 34%.. Boozer missed 7 shots. The rest of the team whiffed on 47 shots.

Boozer did not miss all those shots. Collectively, the Bulls shot like dogshit. Boozer actually tried, despite blowing some layups. The only players that played well within their roles were Brewer and Asik. Of course, Asik didn't get us shit for rebounds and didn't score. And to be honest, I would go as far as to say besides Boozer's facepalm inducing blown layups, he was one of the best players tonight. Thibs was stupid to leave him on the bench. Evidenced by the pathetic 2 points in the last 7:15.

We both know why the Bulls lost tonight. And Boozer was not the reason. The Bulls choked for 7 minutes straight on offense because they don't have any decent plays to go to in crunch time. When you leave a bunch of scrubs on the floor who can't create their own offense, the offense completely dies when the other team is putting all their energy into the defensive end. We lost because we had practically no offense on the floor. Cold shooters and players with no jumpers or post game made up 5 of the 5 players who were on the floor. What an intelligent game-closing rotation to close out a close game in the ECF with. Shit might work against the Hawks or Pacers, or in a blowout game, but it isn't working against the Heat when the game is actually close.

The rest of the team is at LEAST equally to blame for the loss. Boozer is one of the few players who isn't to blame for the offensive choke job late in the game. Again, 2 points in the last 7 minutes and 15 seconds. Boozer was on the floor for 0 seconds because he missed a couple contested layups. Stupidity. Boozer can't "earn his money" if Thibs doesn't allow him to play, now can he?

Once again, not Boozer's fault.

Its a team game so yes, it was a team lost. Having said, that, Carlos was brought in the team, getting paid wiht about 15 mil/yr with the great expectation of REALLY helping the team. He had his chances to put his stamp on the game and yet didn't. We have a coach who is very detailed in his approach and if he truly thinks Carlos is better off sitting in certain times of the game, then I strongly believe he had valid REASONS to do it.
He was not locking up anybody AND he was not producing on offense, no matter how you spin it with your extensive rationalizations about shooting %s, heck its almost like saying if he was 1 of 2, then he certainly was not to blame bec he shot 50%.
NOw, I don't know what is going on with his turf toe and any other injuries that might be affecting him, still the bottomline is Thibs chose to limit his minutes and with the minutes he did play, he barely produced. I have been saying it the past several day now, it's going to be an offenisve struggle, NOW is the time to BRING IT, show to everyone that 15 Mil/yr is worth it.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #19
SinJackal
Banned
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,867
SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
The game in itself was hard to watch because we know our Bulls are capable of much better. But the 4th quarter and especially the last 7 minutes or so was probably the worst stretch for us offensively the entire season. We looked clueless out there on how we should even attempt to score the basketball.

From the beginning of the game the Heat came out with alot of energy and the Bulls never matched their level of intensity.

There clearly wasn't enough offensive production. Our defense was pretty much there, but we allowed too many second chance points and too many easy buckets for my liking.

But offense was the real problem. Rose and Deng were the only players on double figures and they got those points inefficiently and not when we needed them the most. Everyone else was in single digits. Not going to score enough points like that to beat Miami. We shot terribly. Was just a bad shooting night I guess. Alot of shots that our guys normally hit on a consistent basis just weren't falling.

In cases like that when guys are struggling to score I think Thibs needs to call more plays. For too long last night I think Thibs just left the same players out there running the same few plays over and over again. I was watching the game thinking to myself "These plays clearly aren't working, why doesn't he change them!?" And then there was a timeout called and I thought finally Thibs is going to make sure he gets us a good look because we really need a score right now and the play out of the timeout was horrendous.

We need to win with a balanced attack. Everybody needs to contribute and perform up to their standards if we have hopes of advancing.

Come on BULLS!!!!!!!!!! We can do this. We have to come out and win Game 3. I don't want the Heat ever grabbing a lead in the series. Let's go up 2-1 and win the next one and make sure we get atleast a split in Miami.
We're capable of better than we showed in Game 2. We need to come out and play Chicago Bulls basketball and take it to them.

100% this. I've noticed it throughout the season too. Bulls have a tiny offensive playbook. I always figured the poor offense was going to be the undoing of the Bulls in the ECF, and it looks like it's happening.

On top of that, Thibs simply cannot leave in bench guys to close out games anymore. It almost NEVER works. If you're up 8-10 already, then sure. If it's tied? Pure ignorance to leave them in. . .

We won't win a playoff game against a real opponent if he lets the bench close out close games.



Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Its a team game so yes, it was a team lost. Having said, that, Carlos was brought in the team, getting paid wiht about 15 mil/yr with the great expectation of REALLY helping the team. He had his chances to put his stamp on the game and yet didn't. We have a coach who is very detailed in his approach and if he truly thinks Carlos is better off sitting in certain times of the game, then I strongly believe he had valid REASONS to do it.
He was not locking up anybody AND he was not producing on offense, no matter how you spin it with your extensive rationalizations about shooting %s, heck its almost like saying if he was 1 of 2, then he certainly was not to blame bec he shot 50%.
NOw, I don't know what is going on with his turf toe and any other injuries that might be affecting him, still the bottomline is Thibs chose to limit his minutes and with the minutes he did play, he barely produced. I have been saying it the past several day now, it's going to be an offenisve struggle, NOW is the time to BRING IT, show to everyone that 15 Mil/yr is worth it.

His salary doesn't matter. His play on the floor is what matters. He literally played better than any other Bull, minus two of his facepalm inducing blown layups.

I realize you're angry over his salary, and you (wrongly) think that somehow the Bulls are handicapped by having Boozer's salary on the books, but that simply isn't the case. Carlos Boozer was the best free agent available. If the Bulls did not sign Carlos Boozer, they would not have won 62 games, and they probably wouldn't even be in the ECF since they would've run into Boston or Miami in the 2nd round.

The fact of the matter is this. Even when the Bulls signed Carlos Boozer, guess what? They still had a ton of cap space left. Which they used to sign Korver, Brewer, CJ Watson, and Keith Bogans. Exactly who do you think the Bulls would've signed instead of Boozer? LeBron, Wade, and Bosh weren't available. Amar'e already signed with the Knicks. Gay, Dirk, and JJ already resigned with their respective teams. Nobody was left besides Boozer.

And FYI, the Bulls went 47-12 with Boozer this year (.800 win %). 15-8 without (.652 win %). That includes all the games the Bulls played without Noah out there, with just Boozer and Kurt Thomas as the starting frontcourt.

Do you really think we would've been better off with no Boozer? Having Taj and Kurt start, and have no Taj-level backup PF? Seriously? Noah missed a ridiculous amount of games. We'd be 4th-5th seed right now at best. . .and 90-99% chance of already being knocked out of the playoffs because of it.

Yeah, Boozer gets 15m/year. And Noah gets 12.1m. Deng gets 13m. Rose is about to get a max deal after next season. Noah and Deng both sucked too.



Now on to your excuses for Boozer not playing.

Boozer wasn't locking up anyone? Last I checked, he wasn't getting scored on either. And he was heavily producing on the glass, and playing good help defense. Again, two steals, two blocks. Those are effort stats. 8 rebounds, 4 offensive rebounds. He had a large portion of the Bulls' boards, even though he only played half the game.

I don't see where you get this "if he was 1/2" bullshit, because nothing I said even remotely hinted that he would've been seen as having a good game if he was 1/2. Boozer only got 10 shot attempts. He made three of them. He missed a couple layups, yes. If he made one of those, his scoring efficiency would've been better than the rest of the team combined.

In case you forgot, Deng missed ten shots, and only made five. Rose bricked almost 20 shots. Boozer only missed 7. And one of those was a putback attempt, not a possession-ending shot after a play. It was a putback shot he put up after someone else jacked up a stupid shot. In fact, I think two of his misses were failed putbacks.


If Thibs doesn't run plays for Boozer, and Rose doesn't pass to Boozer in the right spots, how is he supposed to make shots? He wasn't given much of a chance to do it. And again, who else was scoring better? The entire team sucked offensively. Stop acting like Boozer was the only player that sucked. Everyone did.

Again, you're acting like Boozer was failing on tons of Bulls possessions. He WASN'T. He missed some shots on plays OTHER BULLS screwed up. Literally 2, maybe 3 of Boozer's misses were the fault of other Bulls either throwing the ball off some Heat player's legf ro Boozer to have to scrap for it off the floor then force it up, or were on a putback attempt from one of the shots one of our perimeter shot jackers forced up.

Speaking of :extensive revalations", I think it's about time you extensively relevate to the fact that Boozer isn't the only player fucking up offensively. Rose has sucked dick almost the entire playoffs. I don't see you talking shit about that. Deng choked yesterday after his good game 1. Noah has sucked in both game 1 and game 2 now, on both ends of the floor. Korver is missing everything. Taj Gibson is a streaky player who disappeared last night, and should not have been getting Boozer's minutes.

But Boozer is your scapegoat. I get it.

But I will end with this. If Boozer "barely produced", then Rose, deng, Noah, Gibson, Korver, and the rest of the team, didn't produce at all. If Boozer made a single extra shot, he statistically would've been the best Bulls player of the game. Carlos Boozer was the Bulls: best rebounder, best shot blocker, best stealer, best +/- of a player who played significant minutes.

But he "barely produced", because he was 3/10, right?

You are being blinded by his contract. His contract does not make the rest of the Bulls suck. It did not prevent the Bulls from adding any players. Boozer is not the problem. It's time for you to get over his deal, because it isn't hurting anything right now.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #20
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,594
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
100% this. I've noticed it throughout the season too. Bulls have a tiny offensive playbook. I always figured the poor offense was going to be the undoing of the Bulls in the ECF, and it looks like it's happening.

On top of that, Thibs simply cannot leave in bench guys to close out games anymore. It almost NEVER works. If you're up 8-10 already, then sure. If it's tied? Pure ignorance to leave them in. . .

We won't win a playoff game against a real opponent if he lets the bench close out close games.





His salary doesn't matter. His play on the floor is what matters. He literally played better than any other Bull, minus two of his facepalm inducing blown layups.

I realize you're angry over his salary, and you (wrongly) think that somehow the Bulls are handicapped by having Boozer's salary on the books, but that simply isn't the case. Carlos Boozer was the best free agent available. If the Bulls did not sign Carlos Boozer, they would not have won 62 games, and they probably wouldn't even be in the ECF since they would've run into Boston or Miami in the 2nd round.

The fact of the matter is this. Even when the Bulls signed Carlos Boozer, guess what? They still had a ton of cap space left. Which they used to sign Korver, Brewer, CJ Watson, and Keith Bogans. Exactly who do you think the Bulls would've signed instead of Boozer? LeBron, Wade, and Bosh weren't available. Amar'e already signed with the Knicks. Gay, Dirk, and JJ already resigned with their respective teams. Nobody was left besides Boozer.

And FYI, the Bulls went 47-12 with Boozer this year (.800 win %). 15-8 without (.652 win %). That includes all the games the Bulls played without Noah out there, with just Boozer and Kurt Thomas as the starting frontcourt.

Do you really think we would've been better off with no Boozer? Having Taj and Kurt start, and have no Taj-level backup PF? Seriously? Noah missed a ridiculous amount of games. We'd be 4th-5th seed right now at best. . .and 90-99% chance of already being knocked out of the playoffs because of it.

Yeah, Boozer gets 15m/year. And Noah gets 12.1m. Deng gets 13m. Rose is about to get a max deal after next season. Noah and Deng both sucked too.



Now on to your excuses for Boozer not playing.

Boozer wasn't locking up anyone? Last I checked, he wasn't getting scored on either. And he was heavily producing on the glass, and playing good help defense. Again, two steals, two blocks. Those are effort stats. 8 rebounds, 4 offensive rebounds. He had a large portion of the Bulls' boards, even though he only played half the game.

I don't see where you get this "if he was 1/2" bullshit, because nothing I said even remotely hinted that he would've been seen as having a good game if he was 1/2. Boozer only got 10 shot attempts. He made three of them. He missed a couple layups, yes. If he made one of those, his scoring efficiency would've been better than the rest of the team combined.

In case you forgot, Deng missed ten shots, and only made five. Rose bricked almost 20 shots. Boozer only missed 7. And one of those was a putback attempt, not a possession-ending shot after a play. It was a putback shot he put up after someone else jacked up a stupid shot. In fact, I think two of his misses were failed putbacks.


If Thibs doesn't run plays for Boozer, and Rose doesn't pass to Boozer in the right spots, how is he supposed to make shots? He wasn't given much of a chance to do it. And again, who else was scoring better? The entire team sucked offensively. Stop acting like Boozer was the only player that sucked. Everyone did.

Again, you're acting like Boozer was failing on tons of Bulls possessions. He WASN'T. He missed some shots on plays OTHER BULLS screwed up. Literally 2, maybe 3 of Boozer's misses were the fault of other Bulls either throwing the ball off some Heat player's legf ro Boozer to have to scrap for it off the floor then force it up, or were on a putback attempt from one of the shots one of our perimeter shot jackers forced up.

Speaking of :extensive revalations", I think it's about time you extensively relevate to the fact that Boozer isn't the only player fucking up offensively. Rose has sucked dick almost the entire playoffs. I don't see you talking shit about that. Deng choked yesterday after his good game 1. Noah has sucked in both game 1 and game 2 now, on both ends of the floor. Korver is missing everything. Taj Gibson is a streaky player who disappeared last night, and should not have been getting Boozer's minutes.

But Boozer is your scapegoat. I get it.

But I will end with this. If Boozer "barely produced", then Rose, deng, Noah, Gibson, Korver, and the rest of the team, didn't produce at all. If Boozer made a single extra shot, he statistically would've been the best Bulls player of the game. Carlos Boozer was the Bulls: best rebounder, best shot blocker, best stealer, best +/- of a player who played significant minutes.

But he "barely produced", because he was 3/10, right?

You are being blinded by his contract. His contract does not make the rest of the Bulls suck. It did not prevent the Bulls from adding any players. Boozer is not the problem. It's time for you to get over his deal, because it isn't hurting anything right now.
ok, geez, If I didn[t say before, ill say it now. Rose takes a lot of bad shots, Noah committed TWO STUPID mistakes, one was a bad pass and a bad foul.
Deng had a LOT of bad turnovers, and yes, Korver and other Bulls had crappy shooting gameS, feel better?
I just don't like the explanation of "well, most Bulls sucked more, so its not on Booze even if he just scored 7 pts.
He had his chance to produce, yes, he should have played more to get More CHANCE, but heck there are legit reasons why he played less.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #21
SinJackal
Banned
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,867
SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
ok, geez, If I didn[t say before, ill say it now. Rose takes a lot of bad shots, Noah committed TWO STUPID mistakes, one was a bad pass and a bad foul.
Deng had a LOT of bad turnovers, and yes, Korver and other Bulls had crappy shooting gameS, feel better?
I just don't like the explanation of "well, most Bulls sucked more, so its not on Booze even if he just scored 7 pts.
He had his chance to produce, yes, he should have played more to get More CHANCE, but heck there are legit reasons why he played less.

And on the other side of the coin, I don't like seeing you guys constantly single out Boozer and claim he's why we lost when he was no worse than any other Bull in that particular game. Again, I would say Boozer was in the top 3 for best Bulls last game. The only thing he did wrong was score poorly. He did everything else well. Didn't stone hands on rebounds like Noah and Taj and Asik did. He didn't matador anyone. He didn't leave the paint to go triple team Bibby like a total moron, allowing Bosh free dashes to the paint like Noah likes to do. He score poorly. Specfically, he blew two shots he should've had.

Boozer only got about 6 decent looks from what the offense was running. He got 7 points. Boozer is not the type of player who's going to work his way into the post from the perimeter. You have to pass to him in the right spots so he can actually score. That's how most post players work. It's like you guys have never seen a post scorer before. The ball handlers have to help Boozer score. Boozer doesn't do it by himself very often.

Boozer got a handful of good chances to score when he should've had a dozen. It was foolish to not play him late in the game. Boozer has been the most efficient large volume scorer for the Bulls all season. Exactly why should he be benched because he blew a layup and a putback?

Let's review the hypocrisy here: Rose and Deng both clanked a lot of shots. So did Korver. None of them were benched. Why bench Boozer, and not them? Using your logic, all 4 shouldn't have been playing. But only Boozer wasn't.


I am not saying Boozer should not be blamed. I just don't see why Boozer should take all the blame when almost EVERY Bulls player sucked MORE than Boozer did.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #22
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,178
ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

I agree with the opinion that not one guy was clearly more to blame more than anyone else on the team for the Game 2 loss. The team itself was responsible because it was a poor performance overall. We strive on our teamwork and use our great depth to our advantage and it just wasn't there last game.

And yes we do recover well from losses, but it was a big plus to have home court advantage and the Heat managed to take that away from us in game 2 It's imperative that we find a way to atleast get 1 win in the next two games in Miami to regain home court advantage. Miami plays well at home, but we play well on the road so something will have to give.

I'm confident that our Bulls will correct the issues that led to the loss in Game 2 and come out with an intense effort in Game 3.

Game 3 WIN for the Bulls!!!
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #23
SinJackal
Banned
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,867
SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

I frickin told you it wasn't Boozer. He played well (compared to the other frontcourt Bulls) in game 2 as well. Everyone else blew it. . .NOT Boozer.

Note: 26 points and 17 boards on 19 shots. Got more offensive rebounds than the entire Heat team did.

How are you going to blame Carlos Boozer for Game 3 Tamaraw? I'd love to see this excuse.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #24
redbull
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 84
redbull has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull

I've got to eat crow on my own team. Didn't think we had the pieces to take down the Heat this year, thought we were a legit 2nd option away from that. But while there's still alot to be played and the series could turn at any point, I still have to admit I was wrong about this team's capabilities. Thibs has done an amazing job with the athleticism and other strengths within our personnel, we have become a nightmare matchup for Miami. Defense wins titles and no reason why we can't continue this throughout the series (maybe not winning by 20+ every night but definitely should be able to pull this off).

Nmind, looks like I was right after all We need another guy who can create on his own or everytime the game is anywhere close in the 4th quarter vs. MIA the Heat will take games over and unless Rose is able to carry us we're screwed. NBA is the one sport where superstar power gives a significant advantage.
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:14 AM   #25
SinJackal
Banned
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,867
SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
Nmind, looks like I was right after all We need another guy who can create on his own or everytime the game is anywhere close in the 4th quarter vs. MIA the Heat will take games over and unless Rose is able to carry us we're screwed. NBA is the one sport where superstar power gives a significant advantage.

Bulls don't need another superstar. Bulls just need to learn to have a playbook of more than 2 pages long. Our playbook is more like a pamphlet than a playbook. It's embarrassing how little offensive plays we have. It's borderline joke-level.

15 assists tonight for the Bulls. That's it. Bulls can't score because they have so few plays. I worried this would be their undoing in the ECF, and that certainly looks like it's going to be the case. Defense does win championships. . .but not when we run out offense like a high school team. pick and roll, pick and roll, 1 on 5 with Rose. pick and roll, 1 on 5, pick and roll, 1 on 5, random bad drive by Deng, random forced shot by Korver, 1 on 5 with Rose. . .and maybe we get some offensive boards and putbacks or some kick outs on failed 1 on 5s in between there for some points.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #26
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,178
ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

We knew what our weaknesses were, but up until this point we've been able to mask them with our strengths of defense and rebounding. We knew we were limited offensively. We knew we had a hole at shooting guard. We knew we didn't have enough ball handling or creativeness. This has all been broughten to light now because we're struggling.

Have to give credit when it's due. Miami is playing nonstop tenacious suffocating defense and our guys are just being overwhelmed out there. Their rotations are very quick, they deflect alot of passes, they seem to grab every loose ball, they play the passing lanes extremely well and their defense is fast and athletic. We've clearly had a hard time scoring.

I still have faith in our Bulls, but we need to find a way to get easier baskets and get our guys better looks. It's just an absolute struggle to score right now. Our defense and rebounding needs to overwhelm theirs for us to have a chance, but we still need to score enough points to win.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:55 PM   #27
redbull
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 84
redbull has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
Bulls don't need another superstar. Bulls just need to learn to have a playbook of more than 2 pages long. Our playbook is more like a pamphlet than a playbook. It's embarrassing how little offensive plays we have. It's borderline joke-level.

15 assists tonight for the Bulls. That's it. Bulls can't score because they have so few plays. I worried this would be their undoing in the ECF, and that certainly looks like it's going to be the case. Defense does win championships. . .but not when we run out offense like a high school team. pick and roll, pick and roll, 1 on 5 with Rose. pick and roll, 1 on 5, pick and roll, 1 on 5, random bad drive by Deng, random forced shot by Korver, 1 on 5 with Rose. . .and maybe we get some offensive boards and putbacks or some kick outs on failed 1 on 5s in between there for some points.

I agree we don't need a superstar but we need a reliable scorer at the 2 spot. Bogans is a good roleplayer, I wouldn't mind him staying as depth, but he definitely needs upgraded. I'd love to see us bring in a Jrich or someone who can consistently hurt other teams on the perimeter. I think Rose will improve even moreso with an additional threat. Again, doesn't need to be a superstar, at least a threat.
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:38 PM   #28
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,594
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
I frickin told you it wasn't Boozer. He played well (compared to the other frontcourt Bulls) in game 2 as well. Everyone else blew it. . .NOT Boozer.

Note: 26 points and 17 boards on 19 shots. Got more offensive rebounds than the entire Heat team did.

How are you going to blame Carlos Boozer for Game 3 Tamaraw? I'd love to see this excuse.

Jeez, woe to me for saying I was disappointed with Carlos Boozer in game 3.
Didn't I say, it was a TEAM LOSS in my reply.
Didn't I expand on how hated Deng's numerous turnovers and Noah's horrendous decisions?
And this question is also for you LJSBB.
How many messages I've written, exactly where I CONSTANTLY blamed Boozer for the Bulls every loss?
YES, I was more disappointed with Boozer than other ROLE players. But this is because I EXPECTED more out of Boozer bec I happened to think he is capable of playing much better, with the hopes of him actually spearheading the Bulls' offensive thrusts along with Rose.
There is a very LEGIT reason why he is getting paid 15 million and not 5 Million like Korver.
Let me spell it for you Sinjackal.
EXPECTATIONS
Bulls management put up a certain $ amount and offer it to Boozer, Boozer thought about it, you think Carlos put the word "caveat" in there.
And pls don't tell me you don't have ANY expectations from Carlos?
In fact you were so EXCITED that you went on this board and presented HYPED your thread with your extensive research on how Boozer schooled Bosh and the Miami Heat with Boozer's GREAT HEAD TO HEAD STATS.
Game 3 happened with his 7 pts in 10 shots, I mentioned I was disappointed and here you were explaining that his teammates SUCKED MORE so it's not on Carlos?
Look Sinjackal, the reason I was disppointed was simply I expected more out of Boozer, If I think Carlos is an overrated player who is actually a scrub, I wouldn't even pay attention to him, if you disagree, then jeez, Im sorry you feel that way.
You might disagree but I stronly believed Carlos was disappointed with himself after that game that he VOWED to himself to play much better in game 4 which he did and Im very disappointed with the rest of the Bulls roster for not capitalizing on Boozer's great performance in game 4.
Let me say again, I do get it believe it or not, Its a team game where the whole team is responsible for every win and lost games but also , there are certain players with BIGGER responsibilities in each team, hence their salaries are bigger, and they get major credit if they win and they get much of the blame if they lose.
If you disagree, then lets agree to disagree.

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 05-24-2011 at 12:44 AM.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #29
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,594
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
Bulls don't need another superstar. Bulls just need to learn to have a playbook of more than 2 pages long. Our playbook is more like a pamphlet than a playbook. It's embarrassing how little offensive plays we have. It's borderline joke-level.

15 assists tonight for the Bulls. That's it. Bulls can't score because they have so few plays. I worried this would be their undoing in the ECF, and that certainly looks like it's going to be the case. Defense does win championships. . .but not when we run out offense like a high school team. pick and roll, pick and roll, 1 on 5 with Rose. pick and roll, 1 on 5, pick and roll, 1 on 5, random bad drive by Deng, random forced shot by Korver, 1 on 5 with Rose. . .and maybe we get some offensive boards and putbacks or some kick outs on failed 1 on 5s in between there for some points.

I disagree. I think you are under-estimating the Heat defense.
Heat is not just doing this to the Bulls.
Boston with 4 legit stars in Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG assisted by former starters like Jermaine O'Neal, Jeff Green, Delonte West and even Krystic, including a good bench play of Glen Davis and yet they barely averaged 91 pts against them. Boston also hired former head coach Lawrence Frank to help them out.
Bulls on the other hand, have players like Bogans, Noah, Brewer, Asik who have severe offenive limiations. Keith can hit those 3's at times but he has almost zero "in between game" as in he is totally paralzyed once he dribbles with a defender on his face.
Noah, Asik can't even shoot from beyond 5 feet while Brewer can't even slash that well and his he can't even hit a consistent 18 footer....
Thibs can create more setplays, but you have to spend a lot of time practicing it and you have sacrifice your defensive drills that has been your trademark in trying to limit 3 superstars from easily exploding.
If drawing up offensive sets and actually executing that easy is realistic then a team like Boston would have done it too but they didn't.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #30
SinJackal
Banned
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,867
SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I disagree. I think you are under-estimating the Heat defense.
Heat is not just doing this to the Bulls.
Boston with 4 legit stars in Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG assisted by former starters like Jermaine O'Neal, Jeff Green, Delonte West and even Krystic, including a good bench play of Glen Davis and yet they barely averaged 91 pts against them. Boston also hired former head coach Lawrence Frank to help them out.
Bulls on the other hand, have players like Bogans, Noah, Brewer, Asik who have severe offenive limiations. Keith can hit those 3's at times but he has almost zero "in between game" as in he is totally paralzyed once he dribbles with a defender on his face.
Noah, Asik can't even shoot from beyond 5 feet while Brewer can't even slash that well and his he can't even hit a consistent 18 footer....
Thibs can create more setplays, but you have to spend a lot of time practicing it and you have sacrifice your defensive drills that has been your trademark in trying to limit 3 superstars from easily exploding.
If drawing up offensive sets and actually executing that easy is realistic then a team like Boston would have done it too but they didn't.

The Heat got shat on by upper echelon western conference teams this year.

The Heat took apart the Celtics. . .who didn't have Shaq, or Perkins, or Nate. And instead had subpar replacements. Rondo hurt his arm and sucked ever since. Don't act like the Celtics were even close to 100%. I was not very impressed with the Heat defeating the Celtics. I picked them to beat the Celtics. I also picked them to beat the Bulls in the ECF, specifically because of how the Bulls run their offense.

I did not need to see how each series played out to know who was going to win. You shouldn't either. The Bulls, all season long, always struggled because of the exact same reason. Very poor offensive execution. Do not sit there and act like the Bulls need star players to score points. Look at the Denver Nuggets AFTER Melo and Billups got traded off. They shat all over teams for the best offensive efficiency in the NBA. Zero stars. Look at the Spurs. Duncan clearly declined. Their "star" was an injury prone 34 year old SG who averaged a mere 17 PPG (Deng's scoring numbers). And yet, they've been a top 3 offense all season. Look at the Suns. Besides Nash (who is old, and only averaged 15 PPG), they have no stars. And yet, they score really well. The Mavs only have one star players (just like the Bulls), and yet, they're tearing teams up offensively.

Why do you think that is? Because they have a ton of stars?

This isn't NBA 2k11. It's the real NBA. Teams score well in the real NBA because they run good plays and play good team basketball. It is NOT because they have superstar players.

In fact, in some cases, superstar players specificlaly cause teams to lose because they try to take over, and fail 2/3rds of the time. Prime examples: Kobe Bryant, Russell Westbrook, Joe Johnson. Instead, let's review the teams who had arguably the best success this year closing out games: Nuggets (post trade), Spurs, Mavs. Oh snap. .the teams with either 0-1 superstar.


Bulls do not need more stars. They need a better offensive gameplan, more ball movement, and a more intelligent use of what pieces we already have. And yes, I'm going to say it. Rose needs to learn to spread the ball more and think of the other players on the team as an extention of himself. All those things combined, are why the Bulls are scoring poorly.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy