Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #31
SinJackal
Banned

Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Jeez, woe to me for saying I was disappointed with Carlos Boozer in game 3.
Didn't I say, it was a TEAM LOSS in my reply.
Didn't I expand on how hated Deng's numerous turnovers and Noah's horrendous decisions?
And this question is also for you LJSBB.
How many messages I've written, exactly where I CONSTANTLY blamed Boozer for the Bulls every loss?
YES, I was more disappointed with Boozer than other ROLE players. But this is because I EXPECTED more out of Boozer bec I happened to think he is capable of playing much better, with the hopes of him actually spearheading the Bulls' offensive thrusts along with Rose.
There is a very LEGIT reason why he is getting paid 15 million and not 5 Million like Korver.
Let me spell it for you Sinjackal.
EXPECTATIONS
Bulls management put up a certain $ amount and offer it to Boozer, Boozer thought about it, you think Carlos put the word "caveat" in there.
And pls don't tell me you don't have ANY expectations from Carlos?
In fact you were so EXCITED that you went on this board and presented HYPED your thread with your extensive research on how Boozer schooled Bosh and the Miami Heat with Boozer's GREAT HEAD TO HEAD STATS.
Game 3 happened with his 7 pts in 10 shots, I mentioned I was disappointed and here you were explaining that his teammates SUCKED MORE so it's not on Carlos?
Look Sinjackal, the reason I was disppointed was simply I expected more out of Boozer, If I think Carlos is an overrated player who is actually a scrub, I wouldn't even pay attention to him, if you disagree, then jeez, Im sorry you feel that way.
You might disagree but I stronly believed Carlos was disappointed with himself after that game that he VOWED to himself to play much better in game 4 which he did and Im very disappointed with the rest of the Bulls roster for not capitalizing on Boozer's great performance in game 4.
Let me say again, I do get it believe it or not, Its a team game where the whole team is responsible for every win and lost games but also , there are certain players with BIGGER responsibilities in each team, hence their salaries are bigger, and they get major credit if they win and they get much of the blame if they lose.
If you disagree, then lets agree to disagree.

You have your games wrong first of all. . .Boozer played amazing in game 3. You were complaining about his game 2 performance, which is what we were arguing about, since I didn't feel Boozer was even remotely close to being the worst Bull in that game. I in fact thought he was a top 3 Bull. I think that opinion was reinforced by the fact that Boozer had a dominating game 3, in which the Bulls still lost because everyone else STILL sucked. Perfect proof that Boozer was not the key reason the Bulls lost.

And we're playing game 4 tonight. :P It's 1-2, not 1-3. o_O

Anyway, now that that's out of the way, yes, Boozer's getting a lot of money. Yes, I expected Boozer to stomp on Bosh. But Boozer isn't guarding Bosh! It's NOAH. Noah is letting Bosh destroy him. Boozer is not doing that. . .Boozer is grabbing tons of offensive boards, scoring at a nice rate, and even getting blocks and steals more than you would expect him to. He's trying hard on both ends.

Which leads me to why I'm defending Boozer. People were shitting on Boozer in the offseason, and during the season for some very specific stuff.

1: Boozer doesn't play through injury. Boozer takes his time coming back from injuries.

2: Boozer doesn't try hard on defense

3: Boozer doesn't score well in the playoffs.

So let's look at reality here.

1: Boozer came back from his injury early this year. Even though it impacted his stats negatively. He came back anyway. Boozer played through injury for the entire playoffs, doing his best to help the team despite every fan being on his ass about sucking and "not trying". Even Noah was getting pissed at fans for talking shit about him and booing, because he knew Boozer was really hurt and trying his best.

2: Boozer's been getting multiple steals and blocks in several games lately. Unlike the legendary Taj Gibson, and somehow Noah now too, he doesn't allow his man to shit on him for several offensive boards in just half a quarter/ He doesn't try hard though? Please.

3: This was always a lie statement anyway. He's always scored well in the playoffs. He scored poorly early because of his injury, but he seems to be over it now. And oh shit, he's scoring better than any other Bull. Shocking development there huh?

So yes, Boozer is getting 15m a year. But so the **** what? He is what was available. I was, and still am happy we got Boozer. Know why? Having Boozer is better than not having Boozer. Having Boozer is better than having useless cap space which will simply be erased by Rose's future deal anyway. Plus you know, we still had a ton of cap space even after the Boozer signing, but we wasted it by giving Noah a new deal before we signed another free agent. -_-

Noah and Deng ate g etting 12m a year too. 12m isn't much lower than 15m. I don't see you whining about Deng and Noah's horrible series. Noah specifically, has been embarrassingly bad. Very poor defense, very poor rebounding, and even worse scoring. Deng, I have liked hid defense at least, but his scoring has been embarrassing.

Once again, I revert to my previous statements. Bulls don't need more stars. They need a more intelligent offense. Yes, having another scorer at SG would be good, but for christ's sake. . .we have MVP Derrick Rose, we have a 55% FG% PF in Boozer, we have a 17.5 PPG Luol Deng, a center who gets 12 a game on 58% FG%, an off the bench Korver who has a TS% of like 600%+, and one of the best backup forwards in the NBA in Gibson. . . and we need more superstars?

The Bulls are a great team. They need a better frickin offense to run. Period. Even if you add another star, you're doing nothing but masking the fact that you run a poor offense. Bulls would still struggle to score. In fact, they might move the ball even less, and score even less, if they merely added a superstar SG to ruin the offense even more than it already is ruined.

Look dude. I'm gonna close with this. I'm an old basketball fan. I saw almost the entire Bulls championship run with Jordan. I also watched the entire Spurs championship runs (and the 8 years before it). So I know what type of teams you need to win. I've seen "my team", win 9 times in the last 20 years. NINE. Half the damn time. I know what it takes to win a damn title, and the Bulls don't have it because they run a pathetic, IGNORANT offense. We cannot win until that is addressed, without extreme luck.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #32
SinJackal
Banned

And I just wanna say this, in case it's not coming off in my posts.

I badly want the Bulls to win. It's been over a decade. . .and people have been talking so much shit about us for a long ass time. Especially this season. I just don't want to see the whole "blame the new guy" bullshit, especially when Boozer has been great when we actually include him in the offense properly.

Bulls have no chance if they don't share the ball. They started doing it late in the 2nd. . .and oh snap, Bulls started scoring, Then Bulls started going to Boozer a lot in the 3rd, and we went on a huge run. . .

That's NOT a coincidence dude. Bulls without Boozer = first or 2nd round knockout. We wouldn't have had top seed without Boozer. We would've had to play Hawks or Magic in first round most likely. At best, maybe we'd get 3rd seed and draw the Knicks. Then we'd have lost in the 2nd round. We wouldn't even be competing for the chance to go to the Finals without Boozer . . .so I don't see what all the hate is.

Was it really so wrong for me to be excited at getting Boozer? He's a good player. And technically we got him for less than he would've got elsewhere. It isn't like he's getting overpaid, when you look at the numbers he put up in Utah. 20/12 most years isn't exactly bad. . .

Just cheer for Boozer, and for the Bulls. . .no reason to scapegoat guys when they're trying hard just because they make a lot of money. The Bulls' franchise is fuckin mad rich. Boozer's salary isn't preventing us from getting more players. Trust me. We're still under the cap even now. Shit, I bet the salary to profit ratio for the Bulls is 1/4 at LEAST. Chicago sports franchises make fuckin mad bank bro.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:48 AM   #33
VishaltotheG
Good college starter

So much for that epic blowout
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #34
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

As hard as it's been to watch us crumble every 4th quarter the last three games it's hard to not find some good in the last three games even though they all resulted in losses. This series can easily be 3-1 in our favor or tied up at 2-2. People outside of Bulls nation may not believe that to be true or they may want to act like the Heat are having an easy time with us, but I truly believe that a few plays go a little differently this is an entirely different series. We managed to blow them out. The three games that we lost were all close for the majority of the game.

I know it's easier said than done, but if we can really take a one game at a time approach I can still see this series changing around. I honestly don't see us losing Game 5 at home. It's been too long of a hard fought season to just let them close us out on our home court. Game 5 is the biggest game of the season, an elimination game, and they're coming to our house. I believe our guys will find a way to win Game 5.

If they manage to win in Game 5 all of a sudden they regain some confidence and know that if they go down to Miami and put up a fight they have a Game 7 at home to look forward to and a chance to live another day and put it all out on the line in a game 7 to advance to the NBA finals.

Come on Bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game 5 must be ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:29 AM   #35
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal

Which leads me to why I'm defending Boozer. People were shitting on Boozer in the offseason, and during the season for some very specific stuff.

1: Boozer doesn't play through injury. Boozer takes his time coming back from injuries.

2: Boozer doesn't try hard on defense

3: Boozer doesn't score well in the playoffs.

So let's look at reality here.

1: Boozer came back from his injury early this year. Even though it impacted his stats negatively. He came back anyway. Boozer played through injury for the entire playoffs, doing his best to help the team despite every fan being on his ass about sucking and "not trying". Even Noah was getting pissed at fans for talking shit about him and booing, because he knew Boozer was really hurt and trying his best.

2: Boozer's been getting multiple steals and blocks in several games lately. Unlike the legendary Taj Gibson, and somehow Noah now too, he doesn't allow his man to shit on him for several offensive boards in just half a quarter/ He doesn't try hard though? Please.

3: This was always a lie statement anyway. He's always scored well in the playoffs. He scored poorly early because of his injury, but he seems to be over it now. And oh shit, he's scoring better than any other Bull. Shocking development there huh?

So yes, Boozer is getting 15m a year. But so the **** what? He is what was available. I was, and still am happy we got Boozer. Know why? Having Boozer is better than not having Boozer. Having Boozer is better than having useless cap space which will simply be erased by Rose's future deal anyway. Plus you know, we still had a ton of cap space even after the Boozer signing, but we wasted it by giving Noah a new deal before we signed another free agent. -_-

Noah and Deng ate g etting 12m a year too. 12m isn't much lower than 15m. I don't see you whining about Deng and Noah's horrible series. Noah specifically, has been embarrassingly bad. Very poor defense, very poor rebounding, and even worse scoring. Deng, I have liked hid defense at least, but his scoring has been embarrassing.

Once again, I revert to my previous statements. Bulls don't need more stars. They need a more intelligent offense. Yes, having another scorer at SG would be good, but for christ's sake. . .we have MVP Derrick Rose, we have a 55% FG% PF in Boozer, we have a 17.5 PPG Luol Deng, a center who gets 12 a game on 58% FG%, an off the bench Korver who has a TS% of like 600%+, and one of the best backup forwards in the NBA in Gibson. . . and we need more superstars?

The Bulls are a great team. They need a better frickin offense to run. Period. Even if you add another star, you're doing nothing but masking the fact that you run a poor offense. Bulls would still struggle to score. In fact, they might move the ball even less, and score even less, if they merely added a superstar SG to ruin the offense even more than it already is ruined.

Look dude. I'm gonna close with this. I'm an old basketball fan. I saw almost the entire Bulls championship run with Jordan. I also watched the entire Spurs championship runs (and the 8 years before it). So I know what type of teams you need to win. I've seen "my team", win 9 times in the last 20 years. NINE. Half the damn time. I know what it takes to win a damn title, and the Bulls don't have it because they run a pathetic, IGNORANT offense. We cannot win until that is addressed, without extreme luck.

Whoa whoa whoah, Dude, let me just say again, I believe in Boozer's abilities, maybe to a fault bec I expected too much out of him, that I was very disappointed when he only scored 7 pts in 10 shots when Miami was locking up every Bull.
Let me just say again, it all boils down to EXPECTATIONS!, no one will be upset if Brewer or Asik miss a 17 footer, or if Korver got burned by Wade or Bogans fails to score 8 pts
YOu mentioned Bulls won 80% of their games with Boozer, you really think it would have happaned with Carlos hitting 30 % of his shots instead of 55%?
No, its not a sure win even if Carlos scores 28 pts but I strongly believe Bulls have almost ZERO chance if he can't defend and score against a team that plays great defense with THREE superstars.
Dude, you don't have to expound so much the value of Boozer to this team bec eversince, I have hope and PRAYED that the Bulls would land a LEGIT/DEPENDABLE PF.
A smart poster named Crystallas hinted that he stronlgly believed the Bulls would be better off signing a SG allstar like Joe Johnson. I was shocked and frustrated to get my point across that I said I didn't care if it was Amare, Carlos or Lee but it just made so sense that they need a LEGIT PF that our debate became heated and interesting for several days.
Around January this year, I posted here how I was thankful that Bulls acquired Booze instead of Lee....
I feel your pain and frustration bec it seems like fans are being unfairly hard on Carlos without recognizing that its a team game and many other teammates are also responsible for the outcome. But again, certain players have BIGGER responsibilities, that if Booze drops 20 pts, sensible fans would be fine and not ecstasic unlike if Taj scores 14pts. But yes, it's a bit unfair that Rose and Thibs recieved so much credit for their great regular season record and now they lost some games and Carlos is being crucified.

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 05-27-2011 at 02:45 AM.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #36
SinJackal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Whoa whoa whoah, Dude, let me just say again, I believe in Boozer's abilities, maybe to a fault bec I expected too much out of him, that I was very disappointed when he only scored 7 pts in 10 shots when Miami was locking up every Bull.
Let me just say again, it all boils down to EXPECTATIONS!, no one will be upset if Brewer or Asik miss a 17 footer, or if Korver got burned by Wade or Bogans fails to score 8 pts
YOu mentioned Bulls won 80% of their games with Boozer, you really think it would have happaned with Carlos hitting 30 % of his shots instead of 55%?
No, its not a sure win even if Carlos scores 28 pts but I strongly believe Bulls have almost ZERO chance if he can't defend and score against a team that plays great defense with THREE superstars.
Dude, you don't have to expound so much the value of Boozer to this team bec eversince, I have hope and PRAYED that the Bulls would land a LEGIT/DEPENDABLE PF.
A smart poster named Crystallas hinted that he stronlgly believed the Bulls would be better off signing a SG allstar like Joe Johnson. I was shocked and frustrated to get my point across that I said I didn't care if it was Amare, Carlos or Lee but it just made so sense that they need a LEGIT PF that our debate became heated and interesting for several days.
Around January this year, I posted here how I was thankful that Bulls acquired Booze instead of Lee....
I feel your pain and frustration bec it seems like fans are being unfairly hard on Carlos without recognizing that its a team game and many other teammates are also responsible for the outcome. But again, certain players have BIGGER responsibilities, that if Booze drops 20 pts, sensible fans would be fine and not ecstasic unlike if Taj scores 14pts. But yes, it's a bit unfair that Rose and Thibs recieved so much credit for their great regular season record and now they lost some games and Carlos is being crucified.

The man Boozer was defending practically never scored, and got I believe 0-1 offensive rebounds THE ENTIRE SERIES. He kept his man from scoring and from getting offensive rebounds. . .so defensively, Boozer kept his man out of the game. He wasn't defending Bosh., . .Thibs wanted Noah on him. And Noah just got shat on the whole series. Bosh was potentially the series MVP, and that's embarrassing for Noah, who was bad on BOTH ends of the floor.

But of course. . .even while you're saying Boozer is getting unfairly crucified, you're bringing up his defense, when Noah was the biggest defensive liability of the series? Why? Boozer didn't totally suck on defense the whole series. He had maybe 3 plays a game where you think, god dammit Boozer, you could've done a little more there. Usually on help defense plays where he could've got in front of bulldozing players to contest shots, potentially drawing a foul and giving up an easy offensive board (and putback) to the weak side.

Imo, Boozer's defense (lackthereof) did not impact the game as much as Noah's did. Or Gibson's poor rebounding did. Or Asik breaking his leg did (not his fault of course). Or Rose taking almost 25 shots a game and only making 1/3rd of his shots for the ENTIRE series. or Deng forcing dribble penetration when he isn't very good at that. Or Thibs not running any damn plays most of the time. It's like you're singling out the 9th or 10th most impactful negative the Bulls had this series, and are acting like it was the main reason just because it's Boozer.

It's not dude. I've been saying for a LONG time that our offense would be our undoing, and it was. We run no plays at all. . .that's the #1 reason we lost. Too much 1 on 5. Too many useless pick and rolls with players who don't cut properly or can't hit a jumper. Not getting the ball in to Boozer at the right times. Rose taking way too many shots when he was one of the least efficient scorers the whole series.

And Rose takes so many shots because our offensive schemes are a joke. So I really don't even blame Rose for forcing the offense so much, but he certainly could've passed the ball more when he's shooting 35%.

Again, you keep blaming Boozer for all these losses. It's ridiculous. Boozer only got 10 shots that one game because they weren't giving him the ball where he can be successful with it. And yes, sorry, but I would rather a player who's shooting 30% to take just 10 shots instead of 24-25 like Rose does when he shoots 30%. Rose's low percentage was far more damaging (in multiple games even) than Boozer's was that one game. Boozer also only took that few shots because Thibs didn't play him in the 4th. He left in Gibson because he's braindead when it comes to who he should have on the floor when they need offense. Hence why several times Bulls choked and scored 2-3 points in the last 5-6 minutes of games this series. Games where if they just scored maybe 5 points, they would've probably won. -_-

I think you are just content with blaming Carlos Boozer because you don't want to admit that Rose's pathetic performance was a huge reason why we lost. You don't want to admit Thibs is a dunce with offense. And you don't want to admit Noah got shat upon by Bosh all series. Boozer is the easy target because he's a new player. But it's obvious to me that he wasn't even close to the main reason why we lost. Rose played worse than Boozer did. Noah played a LOT worse than Boozer. Deng played about as well as Boozer, maybe slightly better because of his defense at times was really nice.

Again, yes, Boozer could've certainly played better, and it would've helped. But don't act like every other Bulls didn't suck worse. Seriously. Stop scapegoating Boozer. We sucked as a unit. Rose embarrassed the NBA for givign him the MVP award. Noah looked like he didn't deserve being on the defensive team. And Thibs looked like he didn't belong coaching, much less being COTY. We sucked ass.

Time to spend the offseason writing playbooks and sending them in to the Bulls so they don't embarrass the city of Chicago with such pathetic offense in the playoffs. You and I both know that's Chicago's hugest weakness. Not Boozer or his salary.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: