Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-16-2011, 02:09 AM   #16
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What season did Pierce become better than Antoine Walker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
I don't know why but OP is always hating on Paul Pierce. You also tend to overrate Antoine Walker, weird.

Didn't want to bring this up, but yup. Doesn't usually overrate Walker but he's definitely ISH's resident Pierce hater. Absolutely refuses to admit it, though.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:13 AM   #17
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

When he decided to play basketball for a living. I don't understand the infatuation with Antoine Walker. He's a career chucker.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:14 AM   #18
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Didn't want to bring this up, but yup. Doesn't usually overrate Walker but he's definitely ISH's resident Pierce hater. Absolutely refuses to admit it, though.
I don't hate Pierce, just knew id get some responses with this thread title.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:16 AM   #19
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I don't hate Pierce, just knew id get some responses with this thread title.

C'mon maaaaan, really? REALLY?
Old 05-16-2011, 02:19 AM   #20
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
C'mon maaaaan, really? REALLY?
Find a Paul Pierce hate thread or Pierce sucks thread started by me (or even a post.)
Old 05-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #21
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Find a Paul Pierce hate thread or Pierce sucks thread started by me (or even a post.)

I don't need to search out something I already know. C'mon Kizzle, you know I got nothing but love for you, but just end this charade. You do not like Paul Pierce. It's not even that big of a deal. I ain't even madatcha. But don't get mad when someone calls you out on it.

It's like, the sky is blue, grass is green, cows go moo, and L. Kizzle hates Paul Pierce.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:25 AM   #22
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

IN 2002, the year where Boston had their greatest success with Walker, he shot 39.4% from the field and attempted 8 threes a game. The next year he shot 38.8%. He had horrible, horrible shot selection. He was never a better player than Paul Pierce. Never.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:26 AM   #23
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The 2 were close in 2000, you pick either then, but by 2001, Pierce was definitely better and a top 15 player in the league.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:28 AM   #24
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
I don't need to search out something I already know. C'mon Kizzle, you know I got nothing but love for you, but just end this charade. You do not like Paul Pierce. It's not even that big of a deal. I ain't even madatcha. But don't get mad when someone calls you out on it.

It's like, the sky is blue, grass is green, cows go moo, and L. Kizzle hates Paul Pierce.
Lol, real talk tho prime Paul Pierce or prime Michael Finley?
Old 05-16-2011, 02:30 AM   #25
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Lol, real talk tho prime Paul Pierce or prime Michael Finley?

Paul Pierce was a better player than Finley.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:31 AM   #26
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I really didn't get to see much Finley back then, but didn't he have like one, maybe two seasons where he was the man before Dirk came to town? I know he put up 20+ on a few occasions but that's as far as my knowledge goes with him.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:33 AM   #27
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
I really didn't get to see much Finley back then, but didn't he have like one, maybe two seasons where he was the man before Dirk came to town? I know he put up 20+ on a few occasions but that's as far as my knowledge goes with him.
He had 2 all star seasons before Dirk and Nash even sniffed the mid season classic with Dallas.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:34 AM   #28
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
He had 2 all star seasons before Dirk and Nash even sniffed the mid season classic with Dallas.

Well then that goes to show you how much I know about Finley.

And I don't make threads like "Damn, Finley was a baller" when I didn't even watch him play.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:34 AM   #29
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Its close, in their primes Finley and Pierce had similar impact.

Pierce being a Celtic and a little more dramatic helps his cause in the lay mans eyes.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:37 AM   #30
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Well then that goes to show you how much I know about Finley.

And I don't make threads like "Damn, Finley was a baller" when I didn't even watch him play.
I watched Walker play many years, even before Pierce was in the league. Hell, Walker was on the cover on NBA Live.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: