Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 05-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #31
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Default Re: Durant guarding Dirk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Durant can't guard Dirk

Dirk will back Durant right down into the baseline and lay it up. Please remember Durant is 220 lbs.

But Durant is still a monster. I don't see him checking Dirk for no more than 10 possessions (mostly on transistion defense or switches, not by design) the entire series with Ibaka and Collison at the 4, both guys can match Dirks footspeed down the court.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #32
ThunderKat
High School JV MVP

I think the real matchup problem will be with Westbrook.
ThunderKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #33
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderKat
I think the real matchup problem will be with Westbrook.
so true, I dont see anyone guarding him, maybe Corey Brewer???? Or have Stevenson rotate?
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #34
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

Dirk is a beast. he is going to get his no matter what. him and durant are a wash. its going to come down to guard play and offensive rebounds.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #35
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
He's 6'11"....might as well say 7 feet

he is listed at 6'9

this reminds me of when people would say the Lakers have 3 seven footers. Um... No they don't. Lamar is 6'10.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #36

No Durant won't do any better job than anyone else has done so far on him. That said, lol @ them guarding Durant. Will be a fun series, but I think the Mavs will win if they can shoot anywhere like they did against LAL, IMO it's their series to blow.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #37
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Dirk cant be guarded, you cant shut him down like what we did to Zbo, but on the other end they dont have anyone to guard Durant either which makes it balanced. But Westbrook, Harden and to a small extent Maynor will have an easier time to get things done. Let Dirk get his points, Mavs dont have other offensive options, there is Terry who can be neutralized by Thabo and Harden.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #38
Hawker
Banned

Isn't there some youtube video out there where Durant said Dirk is easily the hardest player for him to guard in the NBA? I know it's been posted on here before.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #39
Texas Chili Dog
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: 2011 Western Conference Finals Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs Oklahoma City Thunder

Individual matchups won't mean much. People are focusing too much on who is going to stop Durant...who's gonna stop Dirk. Who cares? The Mavs aren't a team full of terrific individual defenders. But the Mavs' overall team defense is top notch, indicated by the fact that they have not allowed more than 97 points in a game in the playoffs, and held the Lakers to less than 90 twice. Less talk should be made of who can't stop who individually and more on the team defense, which Dallas holds a huge advantage over OKC, specifically with the zone.

Last edited by Texas Chili Dog : 05-16-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Texas Chili Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #40
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Default Re: 2011 Western Conference Finals Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs Oklahoma City Thunder

Should be an easy sweep for Dallas. Tough game 1 and 3, but rout in game 2 and 4.
Kiddlovesnets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #41
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Should be an easy sweep for Dallas. Tough game 1 and 3, but rout in game 2 and 4.

Sweep?

I'm guessing Mavs maybe in 6, probably 7.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #42
ThunderKat
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Sweep?

I'm guessing Mavs maybe in 6, probably 7.

Ignore him. He also kept saying in game 7 with a few minutes down that Memphis was about to come back. Not to mention, I think he was one of the trolls saying Memphis would sweep OKC after game 1.
ThunderKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #43
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderKat
Ignore him. He also kept saying in game 7 with a few minutes down that Memphis was about to come back. Not to mention, I think he was one of the trolls saying Memphis would sweep OKC after game 1.

Well the way game 1 was played, most people would draw the conclusion that OKC should be lucky not to be swept. Still, you will have to admit Memphis is the better team, just lacks home court advantage.
Kiddlovesnets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #44
Soothing Layup
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Well the way game 1 was played, most people would draw the conclusion that OKC should be lucky not to be swept. Still, you will have to admit Memphis is the better team, just lacks home court advantage.

The better team always wins the series, the team that wants it more always wins the series. If you truly believe something like homecourt is a big enough factor to dictate a series then you guys are sad... We are talking about PROFESSIONAL basketball players, these guys do this for a living. Homecourt only means so much...
Soothing Layup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #45
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

OKC in 6
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: