Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 05-17-2011, 01:29 AM   #61
TrueRob
Local High School Star

Default Re: 2011 Western Conference Finals Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs Oklahoma City Thunder

Dallas will take this series. No team has scored 100+ against Dallas in the postseason. Dallas took both games @OKC during the regular season. Their only loss to OKC came when Dirk was out injured.
TrueRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:23 AM   #62
ODEN>DURANT
Local High School Star

Default Re: 2011 Western Conference Finals Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs Oklahoma City Thunder

So much talk about Nowitzki-Durant when it's preety much going to be a wash. Although, in the final 6 minutes of the game, I take Nowitzki over Durant to close out games.

Who will guard Russell Westbrook for Dallas and will Westbrook play good Basketball and be the difference in the series, or will be be forced to shoot jumpers and be the ball hog again? That's a huge factor in the series. Westbrook has to be them man to win it for OKC with his pace and athletic ability..

Another thing is the bench ... Maynor vs Barea, Terry vs Harden, Stojakovic vs Cook, Haywood vs Mohammed. Dallas has an advantage hear.

Do people think Dallas will shoot the 3 as well as what they have against Portland and LA? That will be a massive factor, if they can get those open looks it will be a long series for OKC.

W

Go the Mavs!!!
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #63
LurkingFanboy
I hit open layups

Think Dallas wins it in 6 a few close games early unless this long layoff for the Mavericks didn't really bother their mentality and their rhythm. I know everybody was putting the LA series on LA faults more than Dallas' strengths but if Dallas plays like it has the last two series OKC is in trouble.

If they take care of the ball, execute on the offensive end that will limit OKC half court sets and play into the Dallas' strengths zone halfcourt defense. That happens I think Dallas will force OKC into making mistakes and I don't think OKC can endure making a large amount of mistakes against a team like Dallas.

If OKC can consistently force turnovers turn it into a game of up and back the Mavs will be pretty ragged even with all that rest by game 3 and it'll be all OKC from there on out.

But we'll see if the Mavs are rusty I'm picking them for tonight pretty handily though. I don't care how youthful OKC is it's gonna be tough turning around and playing a rested veteran club with possibly more top to bottom talent on their home court in front of what should be a nicely jacked up crowd.
LurkingFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #64
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
Durant has a better chance defending Dirk than Dirk has defending Durant. I like OKC in 6 in this series. Westbrook is going to have to really burn Kidd though, which he is definitely capable of. Kidd does not have the quickness or athleticism what so ever to guard Westbrook at this point of his career.

Westbrook is about to GO OFF!!!

I don't care how much cushion Kidd gives him, it won't work!

Thunder in 5.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #65
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

Thunder in 5.

Its interesting because NBA history would show that teams with 2 all nba players are much more likely to win.

However, I think both the Mavs and Bulls are going to win. Normally I would go with the history of the NBA, but I feel differently this year.

We'll see how it plays out. I don't think the Thunder can win in 5 though. At least I hope not.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #66
Jotaro Durant
Banned

Head says Dallas in 6, heart says Thunder in 7.
Jotaro Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #67
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Come on guys, go to my Dallas vs Memphis thread...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #68
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaro Durant
Head says Dallas in 6, heart says Thunder in 7.

+1
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #69
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

Thunder in 5.

You cant be serious. Chances are Dallas in 4.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #70
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn401Usezxs

OUR
TIME
IS
NOW
!
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #71
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Looking forward to watching this game, but it just doesn't have the same flare or excitement as the Bulls/Heat series.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #72
edhemsoccer
Let's GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Looking forward to watching this game, but it just doesn't have the same flare or excitement as the Bulls/Heat series.

Bulls/Heat series feels like a Finals.
edhemsoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #73
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

lol what now almost all the yahoo experts are picking the Mavs to win in atleast 6-7 games except for Wojnarowski who picks thunder in 5. I hope thats not a bad sign, because when everyone was picking the opponent the Mavs won, now there the favorites

Last edited by ErhnamDjinn : 05-17-2011 at 06:48 PM.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #74
Soothing Layup
High School Varsity 12th Man

that's a bad omen
Soothing Layup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #75
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
lol what now almost all the yahoo experts are picking the Mavs to win in atleast 6-7 games except for Wojnarowski who picks thunder in 5. I hope thats not a bad sign, because when everyone was picking the opponent the Mavs won, now there the favorites

He picked Portland and LA to sweep Dallas.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: