Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 05-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #76
ThunderKat
High School JV MVP

Default Re: 2011 Western Conference Finals Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs Oklahoma City Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueRob
Dallas will take this series. No team has scored 100+ against Dallas in the postseason. Dallas took both games @OKC during the regular season. Their only loss to OKC came when Dirk was out injured.

They hadn't done the Perkins trade then. I think OKC can win this series if they can force Dallas to run. If Westbrook can take over they could knock Dallas out in 5. If Westbrook struggles then I say OKC loses in 6. I really believe the fate of this team is in the hands of Westbrook.
ThunderKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #77
thomaspynchon
Banned

Default Re: 2011 Western Conference Finals Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs Oklahoma City Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderKat
They hadn't done the Perkins trade then. I think OKC can win this series if they can force Dallas to run. If Westbrook can take over they could knock Dallas out in 5. If Westbrook struggles then I say OKC loses in 6. I really believe the fate of this team is in the hands of Westbrook.

OKC was better equipped to beat Dallas when it had Krstic. He could at least spread the floor with his shooting and put pressure on Dirk a bit, plus he and Westbrook had great chemistry together. Dallas doesn't really have penetrating guard play so perkins isn't helpful defensively and he is equally as helpless on defense vs Dirk as Krstic.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #78
icewill36
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
OKC was better equipped to beat Dallas when it had Krstic. He could at least spread the floor with his shooting and put pressure on Dirk a bit, plus he and Westbrook had great chemistry together. Dallas doesn't really have penetrating guard play so perkins isn't helpful defensively and he is equally as helpless on defense vs Dirk as Krstic.

you must be on drugs if you really believe that. kristic sucks

okc needed a physical presence who could rebound and let ibaka roam the paint. they are better on both ends of the floor since the trade, especially when harden is in.
icewill36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #79
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewill36
you must be on drugs if you really believe that. kristic sucks

okc needed a physical presence who could rebound and let ibaka roam the paint. they are better on both ends of the floor since the trade, especially when harden is in.

It's a horrible matchup right now for OKCs bigs. If they were playing LA I'd agree with you. But Dirk and Chandler are a horrendous matchup on both ends for your team.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #80
ThunderKat
High School JV MVP

Quote:

Krstic is super soft. Plus, when Green left Ibaka got a lot better. I'm just saying you can't compare those prior wins when there were other players involved.

Westbrook could give Dallas fits if he attacks the rim and forces the Mavs to run.
ThunderKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #81
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderKat
Krstic is super soft. Plus, when Green left Ibaka got a lot better. I'm just saying you can't compare those prior wins when there were other players involved.

Westbrook could give Dallas fits if he attacks the rim and forces the Mavs to run.

I think Dallas held Westbrook to his worst stats this season of any team he faced. Chandler's athleticism is the difference maker.

The guy from OKC who is going to win it for you is Harden. if he plays well, OKC can definitely win.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #82
icewill36
Local High School Star

Quote:
It's a horrible matchup right now for OKCs bigs. If they were playing LA I'd agree with you. But Dirk and Chandler are a horrendous matchup on both ends for your team.

i honestly dont think the matchup is as tough as gasol and randolph.

dirk does not play down low and will shoot jumpers most of the time. believe it or not, dirk CAN be bothered and does have off shooting nights. have we forgot dirk in the golden state series and how he was locked up by 6'7 - 6'8 athletic players ?? the swarming defense really bothered him, and thats what OKC does with all those athletes.

even if its a bad matchup for okc bigs, its an even worse matchup for the mav backcourt.

westbrook, harden, durant >>>>>>>>>>>> kidd, stevenson, marion

hell it almost reminds me of the advantage golden state had in the backcourt with davis, richardson, and jackson, and we see how that turned out.
icewill36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #83
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewill36
i honestly dont think the matchup is as tough as gasol and randolph.

dirk does not play down low and will shoot jumpers most of the time. believe it or not, dirk CAN be bothered and does have off shooting nights. have we forgot dirk in the golden state series and how he was locked up by 6'7 - 6'8 athletic players ?? the swarming defense really bothered him, and thats what OKC does with all those athletes.

even if its a bad matchup for okc bigs, its an even worse matchup for the mav backcourt.

westbrook, harden, durant >>>>>>>>>>>> kidd, stevenson, marion

hell it almost reminds me of the advantage golden state had in the backcourt with davis, richardson, and jackson, and we see how that turned out.

GS did well because they had a guy on Dirk ever time he made a spin. It has nothing to do with stephen jackson, all he did was front Dirk.

There';s no point in arguing this because in three hours or so there will be a blowout of your team
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #84
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

The matchups as I see them
Perkins<Chandler = Perkins is a awesome post defender. Chandler is not a post up center, he is a hustler and is a lot quicker then Perkins. Watch out of ally-oops! Perkins is not really a good rebounder either. Chandler should get some offensive rebound. Perkins is for me just a big body in this series.
Ibaka<Dirk = Ibaka is a great shotblocker with length. The problem is that Dirk is one of the best pumpfakers in the NBA. Like most shotblockers, Ibaka jumps a lot on pumpfakes. Dirk is just to experienced for Ibaka. Ibaka will get his on offense.
Durant>Marion = Durant is a great shooter, even with a hand in his face. Marion is quick and athletic. Imo. The reason why Durant wins this match-up is because he is just a great player who will score. The problem is that he has to guard Marion compared to Battier and Tony Allen.
Sefolosha/Harden = Stevenson/Terry = No match up winner
Westbrook>>>Kidd = West is just to fast for Kidd. Kidd is not a huge scorer. This is defentley a win for the Thunder, but I dont see Kidd guarding him. I think we will see Terry and Stevenson on him. I also the zone being a bigger part of this round,
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #85
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

I honestly don't know how this series is going to go. I could see 7 games and could see a sweep. I don't have a feel for how the matchups will play out.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #86
Gundress
Banned

Mavericks gonna win the series.

I wish Memphis Grizzlies vs Dallas Mavericks.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #87
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

take a shot for every time you hear, 'greatest shooting 7 footer of all-time/ever'
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #88
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

Go Mavs!
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #89
28renyoy
Banned

Durant pulling a Dirk
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #90
melih69
I brick open layups

double tech lol
melih69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: