Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default Pursuit of Happyness

Has anyone seen this movie yet? I hear it's really good. It's supposedly leading this opening weekend, bringing in 27 million.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah i want to know about it too i am def gonna go see it
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
9spurs
Serious playground baller

9spurs has an OK reputation so far

I wanna see that too
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:14 PM   #4
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Well, I just saw this...

Wow... go see it...
Old 12-18-2006, 06:46 PM   #5
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Well, I just saw this...

Wow... go see it...

How good is it? Is it like Grammy winning good?
Old 12-18-2006, 07:19 PM   #6
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Not to say anything. But dont you mean Oscar winning? Because Grammy is for Music.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:54 PM   #7
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
Not to say anything. But dont you mean Oscar winning? Because Grammy is for Music.

Yeah my bad i meant Oscar.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:06 PM   #8
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

It's a good solid success story... I watched it opening night... It depends on what type of personality you have... I mean if you go with a girl or just with like house-chylling boyz, you'll like the movie...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #9
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Will Smith will get an Oscar nod for this one. He's already been nominated for a Golden Globe.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #10
Wicked_1
Great young streetballer

Wicked_1 has an OK reputation so far

definatley a watcher the story line itself makes for an awsome movie. that is also his actual son that is playing int eh movie also.
Wicked_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #11
felics
Can barely lace up my sneakers

felics has an OK reputation so far

This movie is a true story of Christopher Gardner who overcame tremendous adversity before finally succeeding in life. Despite his success he has not neglected the less fortunate and he shows his goodwill and determination by helping the needed people of South Africa. According to his biography, I quote:

"Which is why, on this October day, Gardner keeps working those phones. It's why he's already begun writing his next book. It's why he's in talks with several networks about doing a primetime show, and why, earlier this year, he sold a minority stake in Gardner Rich to a major hedge fund. But most of all, it's why he's about to close a second round of financing -- reportedly to launch a private-equity fund focused solely on investments in South Africa."

Source Biography: http://www.mastermindtrader.com/Chri...r_Gardner.html
felics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #12
KIWI

the ultamite success story if you like happy endings your gonna like this movie!

will smith was awesome a must see
Old 01-13-2007, 10:34 PM   #13
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

the movie itself shouldn't get anything but Will Smith was really good and I liked the movie a lot. it's not a great "film" but it was a great "movie." know what I mean?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:45 AM   #14
Hot Shot Rox
Decent playground baller

Hot Shot Rox has decent reputation

Must see. Stellar performance my Will Smith.
Hot Shot Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:29 PM   #15
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

I'm not a 'feel good' movie type.....which is why I don't go see movies like Coach Carter, or any of the like.

But this movie will move you. If it doesn't, go see the wiz cuz you don't have a heart. DEFINATELY A MUST SEE.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: