Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Taj Gibson gets nasty on D-Wade

With 10:42 left in the second quarter of the Bulls' 103-82 Eastern Conference finals rout Sunday night, Taj Gibson rudely welcomed Heat superstar Dwyane Wade back to his hometown. Soaring with a nice pass from C.J. Watson, Gibson dunked emphatically over a defenseless Wade for the highlight that most defined Game 1. Put that play on a poster under the bold words "You Got Taj'd, Bro!'' and distribute it to every fan at the United Center before Game 2 on Wednesday. It was the image that encapsulated everything good the Bulls got from their opener: They weren't going to be intimidated by the Heat's Big Three, who were expected to dominate the series, and much of the credit goes to Gibson and the bench. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

"I just went up and tried to make a play,'' said Gibson, a major factor again in 23 minutes. "Sometimes you need small plays to inspire the team, and it was one of those that got us a little bit more motivated.'' Indeed, after Gibson's slam tied the score and re-energized the crowd of 22,874, the Bulls' suffocating defense returned, the ball was shared and second-chance points were scored. South Florida Sun-Sentinel
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Default Re: Taj Gibson gets nasty on D-Wade

Taj is the x-factor of this team. That second dunk gave me MJ flashbacks. IMO any talk of using him as a trade piece should be off the table, he needs to be a lifelong bull.
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Taj was the steal of that draft.

NO ONE expected him to perform this well.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

So...are we all in agreement that Taj's name should not be used in any proposed trades?

For me personally, I don't want to see any of our bigs being used in future trades. The depth that we have at PF and C is so important to the success of the team, I can't understand risking that for a better SG.

Last edited by KelticForce1349 : 09-09-2011 at 12:02 AM.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
So...are we all in agreement that Taj's name should not be used in any proposed trades?

For me personally, I don't want to see any of our bigs being used in future trades. The depth that we have at PF and C is so important to the success of the team, I can't understand risking that for a better SG.

Taj needs to stay, a Sg will fall into our laps, and we got this far with bogans so I'm not complaining....
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

There is one guy I would trade any of our bigs for, and that's Dwight Howard. But that's not likely going to happen.

We can get a SG with our 2 first round picks this year, either packaging them together to move up, or using them to trade for someone in the league already. OR signing someone in free agency. I'm actually not that worried about getting a SG at the moment.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
SinJackal
Banned

The teabag dunk:

I heard on Sports Nation just now that D. Wade's son dunked on him on a nerf basketball hoop today and yelled "Gibson!". lol

Last edited by SinJackal : 05-16-2011 at 08:59 PM.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #8
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
The teabag dunk:

I heard on Sports Nation just now that D. Wade's son dunked on him on a nerf basketball hoop tiday and yelled "Gibson!". lol

poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #9
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Frohman
Taj needs to stay, a Sg will fall into our laps, and we got this far with bogans so I'm not complaining....

Touche.

Im still not a fan of Boozer, but hey you cant get every player you want.

As for a Sg? well Bulls will be a major drawcard, now that we are contenders, so yes I also think we can get a Sg for next to nothing..
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #10
DaBigReality
Kids at the park dunk on me

The only reason Taj might get traded is for 2 reasons:

1)Dwight Howard package
2) He's set for a BIG contract from someone and the Bulls under a cap wouldn't be able to sign him with their space taken up by Noah, Boozer, Rose, and Deng. So they decide to sell high.

Those are the only 2 scenarios where he should realistically be in any trade scenarios. **** that Courtney Lee stuff going on at the deadline.
DaBigReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #11
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Taj Gibson WOWS me ALOT. He's an important piece to our team without a doubt. Would like for him to remain a part of our core for a very long time.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #12
SinJackal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigReality
The only reason Taj might get traded is for 2 reasons:

1)Dwight Howard package
2) He's set for a BIG contract from someone and the Bulls under a cap wouldn't be able to sign him with their space taken up by Noah, Boozer, Rose, and Deng. So they decide to sell high.

Those are the only 2 scenarios where he should realistically be in any trade scenarios. **** that Courtney Lee stuff going on at the deadline.

I didn't want to trade Taj back at the beginning of the season when we were talking about possibly getting Melo, and I still don't want to trade him now. He gives us that rare quality off the bench big that very few teams have.

Sure, if we can get Dwight, yes. . .but we're not going to. Might's well just be realistic. Noah/Boozer/Taj/Asik. . .isn't a bad frontcourt rotation.

The NBA doesn't have a hard cap. You can go over the cap to resign players you already have on your team. If the Bulls are already at the cap, they can go over the cap by 10 million if they want to to resign Taj. That won't be an issue unless the NBA changes a ton of salary rules in the offseason.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #13
PoppaHops
I airball my layups

http://thehoopscene.com/2011/05/15/t...he-miami-heat/

PoppaHops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: