Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation
Default Is the key to let Bosh get his?

Last night, LeBron and Wade were limited to 33 points. Bosh nearly matched that himself, but Miami got crushed especially in the second half. We've seen instances in the regular season where LeBron and Wade dominated, but Bosh was subpar at best and stunk it up at worst and they still got by. Last night, Bosh was the one to dominate while the other two were severely limited. If you're Chicago, is that the key to get to the Finals?
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Kellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Is the key to let Bosh get his?

I think i read somewhere that this team is at its best (record-wise) when Bosh looks to be aggressive. So no, I don't think the key is to let Bosh get his. It's pretty evident now that the win yesterday was just a great effort by a great team.
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
Last night, LeBron and Wade were limited to 33 points. Bosh nearly matched that himself, but Miami got crushed especially in the second half. We've seen instances in the regular season where LeBron and Wade dominated, but Bosh was subpar at best and stunk it up at worst and they still got by. Last night, Bosh was the one to dominate while the other two were severely limited. If you're Chicago, is that the key to get to the Finals?

The key to any series is to stop the star players and make the role players win the games. So yes, this is key.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellogs4toniee
I think i read somewhere that this team is at its best (record-wise) when Bosh looks to be aggressive. So no, I don't think the key is to let Bosh get his. It's pretty evident now that the win yesterday was just a great effort by a great team.

Last night was just the Bull's night. EVERYTHING was falling for them. That throw up 3 by Watson and that Deng shot that got the roll just showed how lucky they were getting. Also, Wade and James played like they usually don't. Bulls are good though, that's why they are still playing.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

wade and bron weren't aggressive at all

almost every time lebron had the ball, i think everyone already knew he was going to shoot

i cant even imagine a blowout like last night if it was a '10 playoffs and bron's team was way worse

i remember wade ripping the bulls like toilet paper back in the days
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

The Bulls played stifling defense yesterday without question, but Deng said it best after the game when he stated that some of the shots that usually fall for LeBron/Wade simply weren't going in. How many lay-ups did Wade miss last night in the first half? I saw at least two within a few minutes of one another. With that said, I think Bosh thrives in off night situations for the other two guys because he gets more touches as a result. If Wade or LeBron come out hot, expect Bosh to lose confidence when he struggles to establish a rhythm.

I wouldn't really say the key to beating them is letting Bosh get his, though it wouldn't hurt to try it again in game 2. He seems to go on one dimensional stretches and if he's putting up 30 points he'll likely slack on the boards, which proves advantageous for the opposition.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Not really, Bosh just had it going.

even in vicories, tom thibodeau grits his teeth whenever someone on the other team scores 30 points.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:43 PM   #8
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Last night was just the Bull's night. EVERYTHING was falling for them. That throw up 3 by Watson and that Deng shot that got the roll just showed how lucky they were getting. Also, Wade and James played like they usually don't. Bulls are good though, that's why they are still playing.

They hit 10 three pointers last night...they've been averaging 7 in the Playoffs. They didn't play out of their mind at all, they just played their game to a T.

It helps that most of them were all WIDE open, outside of CJ Watson's that he just had to throw up because of the shot clock.

@OP's topic. No Bosh just was on last night. He also had a handful of easy buckets thanks to some turnovers from Chicago and some great passes from his teammates. I don't expect him to be that effective again for the rest of the series, he played a GREAT game. I also don't expect to be able to limit LeBron AND Wade again. But taking away just one of the Big 3 and you're a hand up since they don't have any depth.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: