Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #31
Jotaro Durant
Banned

Jotaro Durant has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Dallas is in for a struggle

How many people already realized it was joyner?
Jotaro Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #32
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsPoke
4th quarter and late game execution.

Mavs have it. Thunder don't. That will decide the series.
We got enough of that to take care of you, just because Joyner makes stupid remarks does not mean OKC dont have a chance.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #33
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT
I can't believe we have a thread like this. It doesn't make sense. I hope your under 13 years of age.

And don't comment back about my username that was ages ago.

Dude OP is Joyner/YouCallILose. What do you expect other than retarded stats?
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #34
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaro Durant
How many people already realized it was joyner?

Yeah just spell his name backwards. I think he f*cked up on that last letter in his username though
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #35
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

I think the series depends on how well Westbrook plays. Westbrook has the ability to destroy the Mavericks with his speed and there is not one player on the Mavs that can guard him. If he can make his shots and distribute the ball, I think the Mavs are fcked. Think of Chris Paul 07-08 playoff series vs the Mavs.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #36
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
Ya I'm sure Durant is just shivering going up against the guy who held him to 30/6/4 on 52% shooting this year

already told you once in a different thread that Marion was not guarding Durant much this year and also had specific reasons why.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #37
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I normally have a prediction, but I don't for this series. A few facts I find pertinent:

1. Dallas ball movement and team efficiency have been incredible so far.
2. OKC is very young and athletic
3. Ibaka is 6'9.25", Perkins is 6'9", Dallas has 3 legit 7 footers.
4. Dallas' zone will make penetration difficult for Westbrook
5. Harden will have alot of opportunities in this series

That's all I got.
I really can't predict anything, cause Dirk only played 1 game of the 3 this season against OKC (got hurt early in 2nd game, was still hurt in 3rd game)
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #38
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I think the series depends on how well Westbrook plays. Westbrook has the ability to destroy the Mavericks with his speed and there is not one player on the Mavs that can guard him.
It's true, no one on the Mavs can keep Westbrook in front of them in man to man iso defense. But Dallas really makes up for their lack of perimeter foot speed with 48 minutes of elite shot blocking, as well as great help defense. And then there is also the option of Dallas going zone.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #39
LurkingFanboy
I hit open layups

LurkingFanboy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfirst
Dallas beat lakers because lakers suck on rotations, so they leave their shooters wide open. The same will not happen against OKH. The Thunders will blow Dallas out in the opening game.
Been seeing this a lot and I did some number crunching.

In the Dal/OKC series meeting Dallas shot 47% from the field and 36.7% from three.
In the Lakers series they shot 49.5% and 45.2% from 3. Without that ridiculous game 4 they shot 45.9% and 39.4% from 3 and they still won those games.

And a lot of OKC supporters are saying don't mention the previous games because the Thunder have gotten Perkins. Well the Mavs would basically be gaining Dirk AND they also have Peja now. So I don't think it's a safe assumption somebody on the Mavs wouldn't be looking at a bunch of wide open shots at some point during the game.
LurkingFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #40
LurkingFanboy
I hit open layups

LurkingFanboy has an OK reputation so far

Also btw Marion averaged 19 ppg against OKC that's something to look for.
LurkingFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #41
1rkrage
Eyyy Sexy Lady

1rkrage has decent reputation

they're struggling alright.
1rkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:09 PM   #42
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
Dallas is in for a struggle
really?

i'm watching teevee, and on this teevee thing, dallas seems to be rolling.

am i watching the wrong teevee??
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #43
RaceBannana
BBALL LOVER

RaceBannana has no real reputation yet.

insidehoops.... where unintentional golden comedy happens.
RaceBannana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #44
tommy3
Let's go Heat!

tommy3 is considered somewhat cooltommy3 is considered somewhat cool

the equation would have been alright if you gave dirk a 20
tommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #45
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

I think the OP's point still stands. Nowitzki isn't going to score 48 points and shoot 24 free throws every game. And OKC was still in this game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: