Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #31
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Colangelo inks a 2 year deal, team option for a 3rd.. *OFFICIAL*

That's just a piss poor reason then. Make the time. Fire him earlier. It's not like we as fans can do anything, but there should be nothing short of a full mutiny here! Again, this will damange us for many years beyond BC's eventual demise. No fans should be happy, or ok with it at all.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #32
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
That's just a piss poor reason then. Make the time. Fire him earlier. It's not like we as fans can do anything, but there should be nothing short of a full mutiny here! Again, this will damange us for many years beyond BC's eventual demise. No fans should be happy, or ok with it at all.
And who exactly were we supposed to replace him with? This is why it's good fans aren't in control most of the time. By your methods it sounds like your saying you would pretty much have MLSE make the pick themselves while holding an ongoing search for a new GM while immediate moves need to be made and the franchise is in it's most critical stages.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #33
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
And who exactly were we supposed to replace him with? This is why it's good fans aren't in control most of the time. By your methods it sounds like your saying you would pretty much have MLSE make the pick themselves while holding an ongoing search for a new GM while immediate moves need to be made and the franchise is in it's most critical stages.

I think most people were pretty good with Embry making the pick.
Really, it's not like BC makes the pick anyway. There is usually a near consensus between the GM, assistants and scouts.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #34
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
I think most people were pretty good with Embry making the pick.
Really, it's not like BC makes the pick anyway. There is usually a near consensus between the GM, assistants and scouts.
That would be true if the pick in and of itself was the only thing needed to be done with this roster. But for that to be the case to jump from a contender from a 22 win team we'd have to be drafting the next Lebron James. And since that obviously isn't the case, multiple moves need to be made.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #35
bluerap
Local High School Star

I wasn't suggesting Embry as our interm GM long-term. Just for the draft until we can find a replacement. With the lock out coming we'd have plenty of time.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #36
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

whatever...dealing with this franchise is a headache right now. All we can do as fans is sit back and watch the circus. Only a few will be enjoying it like FC and Doko while majority will hate it.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #37
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani

By my methods, and those of the majority of sports franchises, I'd fire a GM who did a horrendous job in plenty of time to find a replacement for important events rather then let him touch anything that might hurt us even more long term.

I'd rather MLSE call up Chuck Swirsky to make the pick at #5 if it meant not having the next 2- 3 ruined by Colangelo. Hell I'd prefer they ley you beastnani make the pick if it meant no more BC 'rebuilding'.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #38
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Whether you like him, hate him passionately, hope he hangs himself, or whatever the case may be, we have him for at least another 2 years. So all the complaining doesn't really make any difference. I personally just hope he can turn it around.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #39
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Whether you like him, hate him passionately, hope he hangs himself, or whatever the case may be, we have him for at least another 2 years. So all the complaining doesn't really make any difference. I personally just hope he can turn it around.

Doubt he can, this team should stay on course of getting high picks.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #40
bluerap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15

Well, maybe 2 years, maybe 1.
I think there is still a good chance he gets canned next off-season.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #41
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
Well, maybe 2 years, maybe 1.
I think there is still a good chance he gets canned next off-season.
Doesn't matter. All we need him to do is to make the obvious moves (develop Derozan/Davis/draft pick) and improve the surrounding pieces. That shouldn't be too difficult a task. If we have a record similar to what we posted this year, it would probably be a good thing. Only way i'd be really upset is if he traded Derozan, Davis, or the draft pick to continue to build around a Bargnani/Calderon/Kleiza core. But I see that as absolute worst case scenario.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: