Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-18-2011, 05:15 AM   #31
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Can we agree that noone wants to see a Dallas-Chicago Finals?

I'd rather see Chicago/OKC.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #32
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

I prefer a 2006 rematch
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:47 AM   #33
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullit
I prefer a 2006 rematch

I don't really care who we play if we make it, but there is nothing that could ever be sweeter as a Mavs fan than beating the Heat in the finals.

It would never get better than that. I can't even imagine what it would be like.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:50 AM   #34
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosonviyavong
I would still watch it but you can't really find any story and taglines for the finals if that were the finals compared to the other ones ...

HEAT/THUNDER = Was a nice lil rivalry in the regular season especially the whole Durant and Bosh thing and plus Durant and Lebron match up is enough said. It's a total hero vs. villan match up

HEAT/MAVS = THE REMATCH!

BULLS/THUNDER = First time in like forever, it's two very young stars and teams overall facing each other for the title. The whole "next generation" of the NBA line will be used way too much if thats the finals.

No Heat in the finals, that will be the story
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:53 AM   #35
one2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
ratings would be lower cause dirk is white.

No. German Americans from the midwest and southern states would gather around their TV set and cheer for Dirk.

Last edited by one2 : 05-18-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:58 AM   #36
sbw19
Decent college freshman

sbw19 has decent reputation

Miami/Dallas, Chicago/OKC, Chicago/Dallas, Miami/OKC. In that order.
sbw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #37
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbw19
Miami/Dallas, Chicago/OKC, Chicago/Dallas, Miami/OKC. In that order.

agreed but i might actually bump chicago/dallas a spot. i don't get why this is deemed as boring. both teams can push the ball. dallas' half court can be skitterish but they have so many scorers. it would be a great defense vs. offense battle.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:23 AM   #38
sbw19
Decent college freshman

sbw19 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
agreed but i might actually bump chicago/dallas a spot. i don't get why this is deemed as boring. both teams can push the ball. dallas' half court can be skitterish but they have so many scorers. it would be a great defense vs. offense battle.

I honestly don't think any of the matchups would be boring (in particular the Mavs/Bulls which's a likely one,) just a personal preference based on which I feel would be more intriguing.
sbw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #39
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbw19
I honestly don't think any of the matchups would be boring (in particular the Mavs/Bulls which's a likely one,) just a personal preference based on which I feel would be more intriguing.

oh for sure. i was just talking about the overall feel of the thread that chicago vs dallas would be lackluster. i don't see a truly bad matchup either but miami vs okc does make me cringe a bit (just because i think there would be an absurd amount of FT's)
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:47 AM   #40
KD35
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KD35 has an OK reputation so far

I'd rather see Mavs - Bulls than watch OKC - Miami have a free throw competition
KD35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #41
jbryan1984
Decent college freshman

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

I personally don't mind seeing it but I think the majority of the world wants the Heat to go to the finals and then get their @sses whooped.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #42
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2
No. German Americans from the midwest and southern states would gather around their TV set and cheer for Dirk.
I agree German nationals and German Americans will tune in "en masse". However, to nitpick, other than Florida, I don't think there are more than a handful of German-Americans living in the south/bible-belt, they're mostly up North in the rust belt, Midwest, and the West Coast:

BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #43
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan1984
I personally don't mind seeing it but I think the majority of the world wants the Heat to go to the finals and then get their @sses whooped.
This.
The MIAMI HEELS.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #44
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldn't mind it
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #45
2swift4u
High School Varsity 6th Man

2swift4u has decent reputation2swift4u has decent reputation

I hope that Miami makes it to the finals, but I wouldn't mind a Dal vs Chi finals either!
2swift4u is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: