Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
boostermoose
Kids at the park dunk on me

boostermoose has an OK reputation so far
Default Rudy Gay..

..can we acquire him if the Grizzles want to trade him this offseason?
boostermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Rudy Gay..

I hope so. He'd be perfect.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Don't have the assets.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Raptors should try to just correct a past wrong and do Bargnani for Gay. Oh wait, the Grizzlies already have a better PF and C starting for them.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

we need gasol and gay from that team. Lets sign gasol in the offseason and try to trade for gay somehow. I dont know if we can trade for gay without giving up our pick or ed davis or dd. probably gotta trade 2 of those 3 to get gay.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

We should be targeting players like Gay, Iguodala, Granger and Josh Smith this summer. The right combination of athletic wing players could do some damage in combination with Davis, Amir and potentially a player like Gasol in the frontcourt.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
kmart
No props needed

I don't see where everyone is getting Gasol from. Hes a good frontcourt player that Memphis knows that have to keep. Hes a RFA, so any sum of money that we could offer Memphis is guaranteed to match. While we have cap space, I don't think we have enough to overpay Gasol and steal him from Memphis. They can't go on without him because they don't have the depth to and after this postseason, they look to be matching any offer for Gasol.

Rudy Gay seemed to be needed in Memphis' postseason run. Imagine where they could be with him considering that they couldn't score against that OKC defense. I don't see Memphis giving up Rudy Gay just for Ed Davis (they already got one guy in the PF spot) or Demar Derozan (hes got a good midrange game at this point in his career).
Old 05-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
kmart
No props needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
We should be targeting players like Gay, Iguodala, Granger and Josh Smith this summer. The right combination of athletic wing players could do some damage in combination with Davis, Amir and potentially a player like Gasol in the frontcourt.

Not quite sure this team would be ready to get a player like that quite yet. However, if they do win the lottery and get Kyrie Irving, the raps should seriously considering getting one of the mentioned 3's with the trade exception they have. Using the trade exception means no cap space and vice versa.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #9
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

Bargs and Barbosa for Gay and Vasquez may work out financially. Griz would get some talent for the bench and ease some of their long term salary commitments, but I doubt they would take that...
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #10
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

There are other front court guys likely available. Made a thread about it.

Assume: Bynum for Howard (Lakers Magic) takes both those pieces off the table in the off season.

Oden
Cousens (maybe)
Ming
Chandler
Pryzilla
Gasol

I would like any of those peices (some more than others) with Gay or Ike AND the core young team. i.e Davis Demar Bayliss JJ, and one of Irving, Walker or Knight.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #11
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
There are other front court guys likely available. Made a thread about it.

Assume: Bynum for Howard (Lakers Magic) takes both those pieces off the table in the off season.

Oden
Cousens (maybe)
Ming
Chandler
Pryzilla
Gasol

I would like any of those peices (some more than others) with Gay or Ike AND the core young team. i.e Davis Demar Bayliss JJ, and one of Irving, Walker or Knight.

Never would I go after Oden. He hasn't proved a thing. We need people who can play and not take up our bench space. We have enough of those.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #12
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

I'd throw a good chunk of change at Gasol. He'd be a big helpm especially if we can draft someone in the backcourt. We'd have to put up a lot of money though in order for the Griz not to match...
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:11 AM   #13
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

I'd love to get Marc Gasol, only thing is I don't see the Grizzlies not keeping him.

Gay would be nice, but I don't know if we have anything they'd take for him. Our pick would be discussed most likely.

^^^As far as some of those other names, I don't think Cousins is available, and Sacramento would be incredibly stupid to trade him, but I'd literally sh*t myself if we could get him. He has best C in the league type potential. Stay as far away as possible from Oden and Ming, no thanks. Chandler's intriguing, but I don't see Cuban allowing him to get away, regardless of how far the Mavs go this year. He's been a huge part of Dallas' success this year. I thought Pryzbilla was coming off an injury. When healthy, he's actually a decent big but he's had a bit of an injury history as well, makes me a little leery.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:34 AM   #14
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Our first rounder + Jose + TPE for Rudy Gay

One can only dream
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #15
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I honestly think our chances of getting Gasol would be more than our chances of getting Rudy Gay. As has been said, we don't have anything to offer them. We just don't have the assets.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: