Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #16
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Raptors should fold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker

5th pick

NBA has its d!ck in our ANUS

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #17
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How big of an upgrade are Walker or Knight over Bayless? Seriously think about that for a second. I just don't see the point of picking either of them for a marginal upgrade over what the Raptors already have. Unless they have crazy good workouts and look to be All-Stars... bleehhhhh. I'd take Knight over Walker too if it was just those two.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #18
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Maybe Kanter finds a way to drop to us, mock drafts seem pretty mixed at the moment.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #19
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
RT @Paul__Jones: Colangelo: there are a handful of guys we like (K. Walker, B. Knight. B. Biyombo, E. Kanter, K. Leonard, A. Burks, J. Valacnciunas)

RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #20
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Please Paul Jones, sprinkle more sugar on my shit.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #21
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far

Kemba Walker or Biyombo!!!
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #22
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
...RT @Paul__Jones: Colangelo: there are a handful of guys we like (K. Walker, B. Knight. B. Biyombo, E. Kanter, K. Leonard, A. Burks, J. Valacnciunas)

I could get excited about walker, knight, kanter or val.

At least 2 of those will still be on the board so it's not that bad.

I wouldn't be absolutely shocked if kemba turns into a better player than irving.

To me this is a draft where colangelo can really prove himself by drafting well.
There isn't a no-brainer.

Knowing him he will probably look to trade the pick (insert emoticon of happyface blowing brains out).

Last edited by bluerap : 05-17-2011 at 09:47 PM.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #23
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also:

Colangelo says if there is a year to drop this is it. Picking 3rd would have been tough and b/c there is so much uncertainty its almst easier to pick 5 and pay #5 money
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #24
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I almost hope there is a lockout now so that the Raptors don't feel pressure to get the most NBA-ready (but with a low ceiling) player.

I'd be willing to bet Colangelo isn't even looking at Valanciunas or Bioyombo unless they are outstanding in workouts. He only has two guaranteed 2 years on his new contract so the Raptors will be making some hard runs at the 8th seed in the next couple seasons.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #25
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I almost hope there is a lockout now so that the Raptors don't feel pressure to get the most NBA-ready (but with a low ceiling) player.

I'd be willing to bet Colangelo isn't even looking at Valanciunas or Bioyombo unless they are outstanding in workouts. He only has two guaranteed 2 years on his new contract so the Raptors will be making some hard runs at the 8th seed in the next couple seasons.

good point, another reason the resigning sucks.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 PM   #26
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

Anyone want to fill me in on Biyombo? I don't know much about him. Draft Express has him listed at 6-9 and that's way too short to play C in the NBA.

I'm warming up to the idea of Knight or Walker. Valanciunas is very intriguing.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #27
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

considering how deep some previous drafts were, picking 5th would have been an awesome!! its our luck that this draft is one of the shitiest ever....probably worse than the bargnani draft year?

oh well, gotta go with what we have. Pick the best available player without considering team needs. Or if you can trade for another young player, then trade the pick away.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #28
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Valanciunas probably will still play in Europe next year. If we don't have a player playing here next year, there will be very little reason for me to watch next any games next season.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #29
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
Anyone want to fill me in on Biyombo? I don't know much about him. Draft Express has him listed at 6-9 and that's way too short to play C in the NBA.

I'm warming up to the idea of Knight or Walker. Valanciunas is very intriguing.

Bit.chsmack has unbelievably long arms, 7-7 wingspan, 9-3 standing reach, excellent shotblocker, decent reebounder, but he's about 6-7 barefoot (6-9 in shoes) and extremely raw offensively. I think he's a huge gamble. I wouldn't take him at #5 personally.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #30
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

our luck sucks, and the trainwreck that is the Toronto Raptors continues ... but hey we can try and draft joey graham again.

Theres always next years draft
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: