Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #31
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Who do the Cavs take with the #1 pick?

This is what you do....

Draft Irving + Valanciunas

Let Valanciunas sit a year overseas.

Cavs continue to mature with what they have, win 30 games. Get a low lottery pick, draft your small forward there.

Bring Valanciunas back over.

Boom, we doing it big then...
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #32
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

LeBron James
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #33
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
I don't follow college players that closely but how much better than kemba walker is kyrie irving? With the 1 & 4 would it not be a bad idea to draft Derrick Williams and Kemba?

Kemba Walker isn't any better in my opinion than Kyrie Irving. Iriving is a much better NBA PG prospect than Walker. Kemba is a generous 6'0" or 6'1" scoring PG. Not saying he won't be a good NBA player, but I see him more as a smaller Jason Terry/Ben Gordon type. An undersize combo-guard type player who is probably better suited at PG but is someone who can really score the basketball with elite speed and quickness and good shooting touch.

Irving is more a true PG and one that has all of the tools and ability to be the type of PG you build a franchise around.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #34
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
I don't follow college players that closely but how much better than kemba walker is kyrie irving? With the 1 & 4 would it not be a bad idea to draft Derrick Williams and Kemba?

If I were a Cavs fan. I'd want Derrick Williams and Maybe Alec Burk.

Why do the Cavs want Kyrie? They got Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions and Daniel "Damon Jones 2.0" Gibson. No need to pick Kyrie when the pg is not a need for the team.
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #35
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

I would rather have Williams/Burks doe
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #36
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Man I love Joe Haden
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #37
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
This is what you do....

Draft Irving + Valanciunas

Let Valanciunas sit a year overseas.

Cavs continue to mature with what they have, win 30 games. Get a low lottery pick, draft your small forward there.

Bring Valanciunas back over.

Boom, we doing it big then...

That'd be a great plan. I said this in the lottery thread, but there could potentially be some elite SG-SF prospects in next years draft.

Harrison Barnes
Michael Gilchrist
Quincy Miller
Austin Rivers
Brad Beal

I think Bradley Beal actually has the athleticism to be just as good or better than Austin Rivers in the long run but I'm not sure he'll be a one-and-done.

I guess you could also make a case for Perry Jone since some see him as an NBA SF, but I think his NBA position is PF.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #38
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
If I were a Cavs fan. I'd want Derrick Williams and Maybe Alec Burk.

Why do the Cavs want Kyrie? They got Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions and Daniel "Damon Jones 2.0" Gibson. No need to pick Kyrie when the pg is not a need for the team.

This post basically sums up why you would be an awful NBA GM.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #39
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215

SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #40
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Irving + Kanter and their future will be bright...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #41
Notorious D.M.C
It was all a dream

Notorious D.M.C has an OK reputation so far

derrick williams seems a bit soft...I'd take a pg
Notorious D.M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #42
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215

Say what you want sir.

But don't come crying to me when Kyrie is nothing more than a Mike Conely Jr.

8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #43
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
Say what you want sir.

But don't come crying to me when Kyrie is nothing more than a Mike Conely Jr.

You do realize the player you worship is nowhere nearly as good as you hype him up to be, don't you?

He was the second best player on a 17-65 team who, I believe, you were saying might make the playoffs this year.

So, I get a kick out of you saying we're "over-hyping" certain players when the one player you beat your meat to is the very definition of "over-hype" or even "bust" at this point.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #44
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Maybe the Cavs will just save some time and give the pick to the Heat.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #45
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If we end up keeping both draft picks I would be ecstatic if we got Irving and Williams both. I highly doubt Williams is going to drop to the 4th pick, but you never know. The only way this can be f*cked up is if we pull a David Kahn and draft something like a Irving and Knight, or Irving and Walker. If that happens I'll literally face-palm myself during the draft and take a picture of it and post it on ISH.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: