Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-18-2006, 12:44 AM   #16
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Wuxia has decent reputation

ASS PARADE IV, the plot was just terrible.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:45 AM   #17
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star

Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
All the Rockys after III I found awful.

I'm not going to claim it was a great movie but Rocky IV had probably the most memorable lines out of **all** the Rocky movies.

As for the topic... as for the topic you've got to go with a few of the horror movies.

Anything past Halloween II
Leprechaun sequels
Child's Play sequels
Jeepers Creepers 2
Howling (fill in the blank)
Anything past Nightmare
Anything past Friday the 13th Part III
Anything past Tremors
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:46 AM   #18
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

here are some:

Airplaine 2

Home Alone 3, 4, and 5 (yes they made a five)

All the House Party sequels

Batman & Robin (you know the one with "Arnold!" as Mr. Freeze!

Austin Powers 3

Friday after Next

Police Academy (eh pick one out of a million of the sequels!)

Preditor 2

Speed 2
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:47 AM   #19
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I usually hear bad things about 2 Fast 2 Furious and Jurassic Park 2, but I liked the both of them.

I hated 2 Fast 2 Furious. I thought even Tokyo Drift was better. Not that either is "good" in the first place but still...

Austin Powers 2, that's one I forgot. How quickly some of those jokes became stale. Brutal sequel. Through most of the movie it seemed like they were begging for laughs and it failed.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:49 AM   #20
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star

Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here

The problem with 2 Fast 2 Furious was it no longer was about racing. And Dominic was the main character. To have the sequel not based on jim is ridiculous. He was the entire focal point of the entire movie.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:52 AM   #21
Mahmoud
Decent playground baller

Mahmoud has an OK reputation so far

XXX 2:State of the Union

I actually even enjoyed the original XXX a little bit, but the second movie was downright horrible. The worst movie that I've ever seen. How the hell does Willem Dafoe constantly end up in these crappyass sequels(see Speed 2)
Mahmoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:54 AM   #22
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I hated 2 Fast 2 Furious. I thought even Tokyo Drift was better. Not that either is "good" in the first place but still...

Austin Powers 2, that's one I forgot. How quickly some of those jokes became stale. Brutal sequel. Through most of the movie it seemed like they were begging for laughs and it failed.

I thought the second Austin Powers was good....now the 3rd one was just horrible...the only thing I looked forward to in that movie is seeing Beyonce's big booty
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:56 AM   #23
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

Rocky IV was great.

Worst sequal ever has to be Speed 2: Cruise Control. Keanu Reeves looks like a genius for not taking part in that disaster.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:06 AM   #24
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Some of the movies you guys are listing aren't even large scale movies, you have to think bigger. What about a movie that almost crippled the best film franchise of all time? Godfather 3, not the worst movie ever made and probably not the worst sequel, but compared to the first 2, it definitely was the worst decision for a sequel.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:07 AM   #25
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

on a semi related note, terminator 2 is the best sequel imo
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:18 AM   #26
jody
High school junior varsity star

jody has an OK reputation so far

the good stuff:

dawn of the dead
the empire strikes back
the road warrior
wrath of khan
aliens
terminator 2
X2
spider man 2

Last edited by jody : 12-18-2006 at 07:46 AM.
jody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:23 AM   #27
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Worst sequels of all time have to be Narnia and Eragon. If you consider cheap rip-off christmas fantasy cash in movies sequels.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:13 AM   #28
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How could anyone not have said the Matrix movies yet? The first one was absolutely awesome, and then it was all downhill from there. I didn't mind the third one, but it still didn't hold up to the first at all, and the second wasn't even close.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:14 AM   #29
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
How could anyone not have said the Matrix movies yet? The first one was absolutely awesome, and then it was all downhill from there. I didn't mind the third one, but it still didn't hold up to the first at all, and the second wasn't even close.

Yeah, I'm with you on that one, though I'm not too fond of movie sequels as a whole (with the exception of Star Wars and LOTR).
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:21 AM   #30
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Revenge of the Nerds was a great movie. Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise was not as good but still had classic moments. III and IV aren't worth their weight in pocket protectors.

Also, The Neverending Story shouldn't have had a sequel either. I absolutely can't stand when a movie has a sequel and they change all the actors. I'm just not down with that.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: