Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 06-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #16
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 13th Pick

I like that Golden State deal, so we get the 11th and 13th.

That could potentially land us Kemba.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #17
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If that GS deal is legit, I don't understand why we haven't done it yet. Best trade Suns have been rumored in
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #18
Sawbucks23
I brick open layups

Sawbucks23 has an OK reputation so far

Anti-Hero, Maybe the Golden State deal is just rumors. That deal was a dream come true and there's no way the Suns would have waited unless they want to wait until draft day. You never know with the Suns front office. They believe that Nash and Gortat is untouchable. I can understand they believe Gortat is untouchable but we should listen to all deals that involves Nash. We can't build around Nash anymore and should get some value instead of letting him walk. The suspense of draft day is too intense for me. lol Go Suns!!!!!!!!
Sawbucks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #19
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawbucks23
Anti-Hero, Maybe the Golden State deal is just rumors. That deal was a dream come true and there's no way the Suns would have waited unless they want to wait until draft day. You never know with the Suns front office. They believe that Nash and Gortat is untouchable. I can understand they believe Gortat is untouchable but we should listen to all deals that involves Nash. We can't build around Nash anymore and should get some value instead of letting him walk. The suspense of draft day is too intense for me. lol Go Suns!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing it's just a rumor too because I cannot see how they don't jump on it. Or maybe they're giving Fropez another year to be good enough to be a legit backup.

I'm all for trading Nash, for the reasons you stated. I won't get into my long winded stance on this but it has to be a good deal otherwise let him walk and use his money to sign a FA later on.

It's too intense for me too, NBA Draft Day is my favorite holiday!

Go Suns!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #20
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Jimmer is gone! Now we don't have to worry about the FO drafting him!! Both Morris' on the board still, also.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #21
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Drum roll please
Old 06-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #22
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Markieff Morris

Quote:
NBAComparison: Drew Gooden

Strengths: Markieff Morris has improved his value as an NBA prospect with each year while playing at Kansas ... Morris is a strong, muscular 6'10 with an NBA body at 21 years old ... He does an excellent job at finishing around the rim, using long and effective drop steps for better positioning when dealing in the paint ... Shows nice touch on his short, over the shoulder baby hook shot ... He's become extremely efficient from the perimeter, shooting 42% from downtown and looking fluent and comfortable in spot up opportunities ... Averaged a block and 8.3 rebounds in just 24 minutes of play, illustrating his high activity level and aggressive nature on the interior ... Defensively he plays with focus and passion, using his strength to force tough shots in the post ... Both he and his twin Marcus exhibit an aggressive "bullying" demeanor ...

Weaknesses: He's effective within a few feet of the rim and as a spot up shooter on the perimeter, but he's missing an in between game ... Facing up and using a dribble is not part of his repertoire ... Missing advanced high post moves, and struggles to draw fouls despite his physical interior play ... His ceiling is not as high as some of the other longer more athletic bigs ...

Overall: Morris set of skills will certainly be coveted by NBA teams looking for stability and depth up front ... He shows pick n' pop potential and the ability to man up opposing bigs... Though he lacks the upside of most lottery picks, he's one of the safest options in this year's draft ... Comparing him to his brother Marcus, Markieff is bigger, stronger and more athletic but lacks his younger twin's offensive ability...

Link

Fox Sports Highlights

Last edited by Anti Hero : 06-23-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #23
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope Marcus doesn't end up better than Markieff
Old 06-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #24
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
I hope Marcus doesn't end up better than Markieff

Yea, that would suck.. I think for what we need, he's the right brother to get. He's gotta be better than Warrick and Lawal
Old 06-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #25
Maniak
Maniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Yea, that would suck.. I think for what we need, he's the right brother to get. He's gotta be better than Warrick and Lawal
Third twin in a row, three times a charm? I hope so.

Mad we missed Biyombo and Walker, but it is what it is. Charlotte looks pretty good now.

Those hats the players got were NICE! I hope you can buy them. I really liked the look of the Suns one.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #26
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Third twin in a row, three times a charm? I hope so.

Mad we missed Biyombo and Walker, but it is what it is. Charlotte looks pretty good now.

Those hats the players got were NICE! I hope you can buy them. I really liked the look of the Suns one.

eh, Taylor Griffin doesn't count it's not like we had a shot at Blake or even Brooke for that matter.

Like I posted in the Suns draft thread, we were not gonna find the answer in this years draft. No matter who we picked. This is rebuilding mode, it just has Nash in it so it doesn't look like it. IF Markieff can average 10ppg and 10rpg while Gortat continues to average 15 and 10 we'd have a pretty solid front court. Then add in that we'll probably be in the lottery again, or can trade Nash for a high first round pick (unlikely) or use our own lottery pick to get a scoring wing player or a legit top pg in the draft, we could be a solid team again in 2-3 years.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:58 AM   #27
Maniak
Maniak

I hope Markieff pans out to be at least a contributing role player, and not just Robin Lopez.

Taylor Griffin does count, because he is a twin.

I doubt the Suns will trade Nash, or Hill for that matter. Just let them die here.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:13 AM   #28
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Well I suppose that he does count then...

Last edited by Anti Hero : 06-24-2011 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #29
Maniak
Maniak

Alright, we need a nickname for this kid.

I'm thinking The 7 Minute Difference, because he was born 7 minutes before his brother.

Although until he plays for the Suns I can't develop a good short one.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #30
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Markieff the Magnificent, sounds regal
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: