Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 03:36 AM   #1
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation
Default When Lebron was Rose and Durants age...

He already went to the Finals playing for a rookie head coach with Big Z, Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden and Eric Snow as his fellow starters. Despite the sweep, I always thought this a really major feat.

When Rose and/or Durant make it to the finals with much better players surrounding them this year I have a feeling the feat won't be overlooked or taken for granted by the media and fans the way it was with Lebron.

What Lebron did at age 19, 20, 21 is just ridiculous. 31/7/7 on 48% and he started the season at age 20. LOL
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:42 AM   #2
knightfall88
Local High School Star

knightfall88 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: When Lebron was Rose and Durants age...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force
He already went to the Finals playing for a rookie head coach with Big Z, Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden and Eric Snow as his fellow starters. Despite the sweep, I always thought this a really major feat.

When Rose and/or Durant make it to the finals with much better players surrounding them this year I have a feeling the feat won't be overlooked or taken for granted by the media and fans the way it was with Lebron.

What Lebron did at age 19, 20, 21 is just ridiculous. 31/7/7 on 48% and he started the season at age 20. LOL

The only 50+ win team Lebron beat in the playoffs was Detroit and they were on their way out. Who cares what he averaged if thats all he did.
knightfall88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:49 AM   #3
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

LeBron is an impressive player, nobody can take that away from him, but I don't get why you're hugging his ball sack like a relative died. C'mon, son. Who cares what he did in the past? Let's look at the current Playoffs and see what he can do now, especially with a team that has 2 other All-Stars and a former All-Star (Big Z) on the roster.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:50 AM   #4
28renyoy
Banned

28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Playing this card on Rose is all fine and dandy, but playing it on Durant is another issue

Durant by 22

2X scoring champ(youngest ever and youngest to ever win it multiple times)
2X all nba 1st team(youngest ever to do it)
2X all star
FIBA MVP(youngest ever)
Playoff scoring champion(youngest ever)
1 series away from making the Finals
ROY
2nd in MVP in 3rd year
5th in MVP in 4th year
Only player in NCAA history to win NPOY as freshman(he would all 5)
Was a top 3 player by age 21

To act like Durant isn't comparable to LeBron is a joke. Rose on the otherhand has 1 thing, and thats an MVP
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:52 AM   #5
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightfall88
The only 50+ win team Lebron beat in the playoffs was Detroit and they were on their way out. Who cares what he averaged if thats all he did.

If you are using that metric, then which 50 win team has Rose beaten?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:04 AM   #6
the_wise_one
Banned

the_wise_one has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
If you are using that metric, then which 50 win team has Rose beaten?

The Heat
the_wise_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:11 AM   #7
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I looked over it once and decided...and still believe...I only want one player on that entire finals roster aside from Lebron on the Bulls. And id want him as our 7th man.

And that one 50 win team shit is just idiotic to me. People act as if hes not been impressive because of it? Lebron at 21 had put up Jordan numbers and led his team places at least 2 of this years HOF class never did.

Lebron was first ballot HOF good at 19. Hitting multiple game winners in his first playoff series at 20. And in the finals with a god awful(by these standards) team at 21. And by 26 he had added 2 MVPs, led 3 58-66 win teams, and won a gold medal.

Lebron has had a HOF career and a half and hes done it in 8 years.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:13 AM   #8
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I looked over it once and decided...and still believe...I only want one player on that entire finals roster aside from Lebron on the Bulls. And id want him as our 7th man.

And that one 50 win team shit is just idiotic to me. People act as if hes not been impressive because of it? Lebron at 21 had put up Jordan numbers and led his team places at least 2 of this years HOF class never did.

Lebron was first ballot HOF good at 19. Hitting multiple game winners in his first playoff series at 20. And in the finals with a god awful(by these standards) team at 21. And by 26 he had added 2 MVPs, led 3 58-66 win teams, and won a gold medal.

So in 8 more years he'll be GOAT?
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:24 AM   #9
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
So in 8 more years he'll be GOAT?

Yeah, that's exactly what he said.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:27 AM   #10
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
Playing this card on Rose is all fine and dandy, but playing it on Durant is another issue

Durant by 22

2X scoring champ(youngest ever and youngest to ever win it multiple times)
2X all nba 1st team(youngest ever to do it)
2X all star
FIBA MVP(youngest ever)
Playoff scoring champion(youngest ever)
1 series away from making the Finals
ROY
2nd in MVP in 3rd year
5th in MVP in 4th year
Only player in NCAA history to win NPOY as freshman(he would all 5)
Was a top 3 player by age 21

To act like Durant isn't comparable to LeBron is a joke. Rose on the otherhand has 1 thing, and thats an MVP
I like how you just sneaked that one in there...
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:27 AM   #11
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yea thats a logical extrapolation based on what I said....
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:34 AM   #12
knightfall88
Local High School Star

knightfall88 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

[SPOILER ALERT]

It's all down hill from here..
knightfall88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:43 AM   #13
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yea thats a logical extrapolation based on what I said....

No I'm just saying..if he already has been this legendary(HOF and a half) in only 8 years...then one can only assume he will continue along this path unless of course something major happens (injury). Granted his stats will take a slight dip due to playing with Wade and Bosh (assuming he stays with Miami the next 8 years, and they both stay), but a lot of people say he hasn't even reached his prime yet...so how is it absurd to assume that LeBron couldn't challenge the Top 5 or even #1 status if he continues along this rate?
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #14
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightfall88

you ****ing retard..... LEARN WHAT TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT MEANS......... this is not 1 on 5 NBA 2K11 for PS3/XBOX u kiddie.......... lebron did that 1 on 5 because he had biggest scrubs ever..... think about it..... what he did is basically if you put derrick rose RIGHT NOW in the cavs......... and he leads them to the FINALS immediately with ridicilous performances........... hit me back when that overrated little shotjacker can do anything like that...

if that was not the case.... then BULLS would have lost ANYTIME rose shot under 50% and close 30 FG attempts........... which he does almost every night........... but nope.......... they still bail him out....

anytime lebron had a bad game like rose (which rose has a "bad shooting game" every night IMO) they would LOSE............ because he never had that kindof help...................... AND I STILL DOUBT HE HAS THAT KINDOF HELP TODAY...............

lebron was never blessed with great supporting cast and so on.......... just like jordan was at his age............. jordan didnt win a championship until he GOT A TEAM........ which was when jordan was 27........... lebron is 26...
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:06 AM   #15
Sterlingsucks
French Toast Mafia

Sterlingsucks has an OK reputation so far

Why compare them by age instead of their first three years in the NBA? Durant and Rose had to go to the NCAA to ball first before the NBA, LBJ did not have to and that could also be why his points and every other statistic is more than theirs.....and as for MJ, he went played at N.C for 3 years....so quit comparing players by age and lets do it by years in the league..
Sterlingsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: