Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #16
Nevaeh
National High School Star
 
Nevaeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,177
Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1
I really have no idea what are you even rambling on about.

But as far as Kobe's "star" diminishing, he's had the #1 selling jersey for the past two years and was #2 this year and is the most popular athlete in America (tied with Tiger Woods) and not to mention he is the star player of NBA's "America's Team".

Sorry but his "star" won't diminish until he retires.

Hate to break it to you, but his "Star" was swept by the Mavs this season as a Defending Champion, the only Phil Jackson Coached team to suffer such a fate. If you think 2012 Kobe's gonna have the same "draw" as 2002 Kobe, ya smoking and need to put it out NOW.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:21 PM   #17
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,975
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

They are the Los Angeles Lakers not the New Orleans Hornets. They recently signed a billion dollar tv deal. What gives you the impression they are sweating money?
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #18
Pharcyde
Big like Magic
 
Pharcyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,284
Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
They are the Los Angeles Lakers not the New Orleans Hornets. They recently signed a billion dollar tv deal. What gives you the impression they are sweating money?
He is talking about their cap situation which has huge contracts that they probably can not shed and add other players.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:19 AM   #19
amfirst
Great college starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,612
amfirst has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Kobe will prob bounce back next season. The dude is fighting through multiple injuries and has been in the finals for the last 3 season. He said he knows he can take it to another level and will work at it this offseason, which he hasn't been able to do because of injuries.

Lakers can still be competitive. All they need is a reliable shooter on offense and pick up and defensive coach to settle their pick n roll defense dileama.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #20
opps
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,617
opps is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh
Hate to break it to you, but his "Star" was swept by the Mavs this season as a Defending Champion, the only Phil Jackson Coached team to suffer such a fate. If you think 2012 Kobe's gonna have the same "draw" as 2002 Kobe, ya smoking and need to put it out NOW.

Kobe wasnt the issue in the Mavs series. We need a real PG and much better bench players. The offseason hasnt begun yet and I believe Mitch will do what needs to be done...
opps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #21
amfirst
Great college starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,612
amfirst has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
He is talking about their cap situation which has huge contracts that they probably can not shed and add other players.

I'm sure the cap has to do with the upcoming year. U can't apply it to what was agree in the past and the current payroll. The cap will only apply to new signings for the future.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:25 AM   #22
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nets 2nd round, Knick 37-45
Posts: 14,050
Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24Clutch
16 Titles > How ever many your team has.

So what? Our team is rebuilding, so is with your team now.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:13 AM   #23
DirtySanchez
National High School Star
 
DirtySanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,013
DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Anybody thinking the Lakers are done n will not compete for a title next year is foolish. They still have a great trio of bigs with one being young and getting better. They still have Kobe who is still a deadly n will be back for vengeance. He is a smart player n knows how to be best affective. They can use a couple tweaks but I expect this team to make a deep run next year.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #24
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,975
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
He is talking about their cap situation which has huge contracts that they probably can not shed and add other players.

They don't have to. Lets say the Cavs have the cap space to make a play for Dwight Howard. Do you think they turn down the Lakers if they offer Pau Gasol or Bynum/Odom for Varejeo/Howard when no other marquee FA will sign with them?

Dwight Howard (sign and trade)/ Sideshow Bob for Pau Gasol/ Lamar Odom

Ricky Rubio/Michael Beasley/ Martell Webster for Andrew Bynum

Ricky Rubio
Kobe Bryant
Martell Webster
Anderson Varejao
Dwight Howard


Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot : 05-18-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:26 AM   #25
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!
 
SourGrapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,158
SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
They don't have to. Lets say the Cavs have the cap space to make a play for Dwight Howard. Do you think they turn down the Lakers if they offer Pau Gasol or Bynum/Odom for Varejeo/Howard when no other marquee FA will sign with them?

Dwight Howard (sign and trade)/ Sideshow Bob for Pau Gasol/ Lamar Odom

Ricky Rubio/Michael Beasley/ Martell Webster for Andrew Bynum

Ricky Rubio
Kobe Bryant
Martell Webster
Anderson Varejao
Dwight Howard




wtf
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #26
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,975
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
wtf

What are you having trouble understanding?
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:06 AM   #27
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!
 
SourGrapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,158
SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
What are you having trouble understanding?

so the cavs have cap space to sign dwight howard, and dwight actually wants to go there? doubtful

and then after signing dwight they immediately trade him for lesser players from the lakers?

i don't understand how or why this happens
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:13 AM   #28
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,975
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
so the cavs have cap space to sign dwight howard, and dwight actually wants to go there? doubtful

and then after signing dwight they immediately trade him for lesser players from the lakers?

i don't understand how or why this happens

Its called a sign and trade. He hypothetically signs because he knows the trade is immediately going down. Technically Lebron resigned with the Cavs. They traded him for a couple 1st rders from the Heat. Are they equal? Nope but two 1st rounders is better than nothing and Pau Gasol is better than what the Cavs could attract in free agency. Sideshow Bob and Lamar Odom are about equal but Odom has the more attractive contract.

Love and Bynum would give the Twolves probably the best young men duo in the league to build upon. They would also get something for Rubio who embarrasses the franchise every year he decides to stay in Spain.

Any team defense with Dwight Howard, Anderson Varejeo and Kobe Bryant is going to be dominant and Rubio and Beasley have the youth and upside to take it to an ever higher level.

Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot : 05-18-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:20 AM   #29
opps
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,617
opps is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
So what? Our team is rebuilding, so is with your team now.

Nets

Dont be suprised if DWill turns up in a Laker jersey...
opps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:24 AM   #30
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!
 
SourGrapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,158
SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why the Lakers window has slammed shut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
Its called a sign and trade. He hypothetically signs because he knows the trade is immediately going down. Technically Lebron resigned with the Cavs. They traded him for a couple 1st rders from the Heat. Are they equal? Nope but two 1st rounders is better than nothing and Pau Gasol is better than what the Cavs could attract in free agency. Sideshow Bob and Lamar Odom are about equal but Odom has the more attractive contract.

Love and Bynum would give the Twolves probably the best young men duo in the league to build upon. They would also get something for Rubio who embarrasses the franchise every year he decides to stay in Spain.

i know what a sign and trade is... i'm saying it's a strange scenario that requires lots of conditionals to happen.

i like the timberwolves part... but the cavs-dwight thing just doesn't ring true for me
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy