Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-18-2011, 01:37 AM   #16
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: For those who missed the game (RE: Fts)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ4MVP23
The free throws for Durant, and especially Dirk are wild. Based on actually watching, were they legit calls? I don't see how a guy is almost purely a shooter at this point in his career like Dirk gets 24 free throws.

But damn if this post season doesn't move him into the top 7 all time PFs.

dirk was a top 7 power forward before this year.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:44 AM   #17
Shih508
Decent playground baller

Shih508 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose.IS.da.MAN
Durant's freethrows were not legit at all

damn, first time agreeing with u
Shih508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:50 AM   #18
PBJ_Time
Blue Alliance OKC Capt

PBJ_Time has an OK reputation so far

All I have to say is, Dirk averaged 6 free throws a game during the season. This is one hell of an anomaly!
PBJ_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:54 AM   #19
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ_Time
All I have to say is, Dirk averaged 6 free throws a game during the season. This is one hell of an anomaly!

Maybe you should tell your team to not blatantly foul Dirk every time he posted up.

LOL
Old 05-18-2011, 01:57 AM   #20
PBJ_Time
Blue Alliance OKC Capt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Maybe you should tell your team to not blatantly foul Dirk every time he posted up.

LOL
If that's what you call it. There is a new sheriff in town...the new D-Whistle! That you argue about a guy who got four times as many free throws as he normally does is laughable. There wasn't any BLATANT about it. They were soft, weak fouls meant for an old team who can't hang with the young bucks in any kind of legit manner.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:58 AM   #21
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

I mean, all of Westbrook's are driving to the basket.

Most of KD's were on drives with the exception of the 1 on Terry and a similar one on action trying to break to the ball. I thought that foul Dirk put on him on the break was flagrant as well

Dirk was getting to the line on back down action.

I mean, dude shot 24 fts and is going to the locker room with not 1 bump or bruise on him. I don't think he even touched the floor the whole game.

He took 3 shots in the paint.

The 3rd was especially atrocious, he took 13 in that quarter as a result of being in the penalty.

That said, Russ still played a shitty game and I'm back on the trade Russ bandwagon.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:00 AM   #22
adri41
Good High School Starter

adri41 has decent reputationadri41 has decent reputation

Lol. Y'all can complain. You'll still be wrong. Go Mavs, and goodnight.
adri41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:04 AM   #23
The Judge
Decent playground baller

The Judge has an OK reputation so far

The majroity of the FT's both dudes got were legit. There were some sketchy ones, but superstars get those anyways.

Durant was driving and being aggressive. And Dirk, well, Dirk was just out of this world. He was not missing. Thunder started playing him physical and that resulted in a lot of trips to the line.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:04 AM   #24
PBJ_Time
Blue Alliance OKC Capt

Lots of cocky talk from fans of a team who is actually listed in the definition of choke in Merriam Websters!

How about you let your team actually do something before you talk?

As for Thunder fans, anything beyond our first playoff series win is just gravy! I'm happy either way, because there's nowhere to go but up.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:06 AM   #25
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Lots of cocky talk from fans of a team who is actually listed in the definition of choke in Merriam Websters!

How about you let your team actually do something before you talk?

As for Thunder fans, anything beyond our first playoff series win is just gravy! I'm happy either way, because there's nowhere to go but up.

What has the Thunder done?
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:08 AM   #26
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
I mean, all of Westbrook's are driving to the basket.

Most of KD's were on drives with the exception of the 1 on Terry and a similar one on action trying to break to the ball. I thought that foul Dirk put on him on the break was flagrant as well

Dirk was getting to the line on back down action.

I mean, dude shot 24 fts and is going to the locker room with not 1 bump or bruise on him. I don't think he even touched the floor the whole game.

He took 3 shots in the paint.

The 3rd was especially atrocious, he took 13 in that quarter as a result of being in the penalty.

That said, Russ still played a shitty game and I'm back on the trade Russ bandwagon.

The Thunder couldn't guard him for shit. They tried harder and harder but couldn't without touching Dirk's face, arms, hands, or bumping him etc. when he shot.

I can think of several instances were Dirk faked and the Thunder player just went right past him. Dirk owned the Thunder defense tonight and they had no answer. Simple as that.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:09 AM   #27
PBJ_Time
Blue Alliance OKC Capt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
What has the Thunder done?
Nothing but get to the WCF in their third year. However, I'm not being cocky about a game. Go read a few of DMAVS41's posts if you want to know what I'm referring to.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:13 AM   #28
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
If that's what you call it. There is a new sheriff in town...the new D-Whistle! That you argue about a guy who got four times as many free throws as he normally does is laughable. There wasn't any BLATANT about it. They were soft, weak fouls meant for an old team who can't hang with the young bucks in any kind of legit manner.

Durant got 3 total bs calls i can think of just off the top of my head.

ROFL....Durant gets so many more calls than Dirk its a joke. One game....one game....and even then Dirk only shot 3 more legit free throws.

Wow.....the Dirk hate here is ****ing hilarious.

He plays one of the best playoff games ever and there is more hate than praise here.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:14 AM   #29
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Hulk Hogan is considered somewhat coolHulk Hogan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
The refs let Perkins, Ibaka, (and especially Collison) get physical and beat the dogshit out of Zach Randolph the entire series when he was on the block. Two hands in the back constantly pushing and shoving. Even when he made multiple moves and got hacked he still got no call. Tonight he's watching the refs pull a 180 and now OKC can barely lay a hand on Dirk without the whistle blowing

QFT
Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:15 AM   #30
LBJ4MVP23
Decent playground baller

LBJ4MVP23 has no real reputation yet.

I think he was top 7, but I didnt want to over step things because outside of the Big 4 PF's: KG, Duncan, Malone, Barkley, I think Dirk has a strong case for number 5, but I could be forgetting a couple of guys which is why I said, his play so far is solidifying him as a top 7, but he could very well be number 5. Knocking one of those guys down a peg would take a miracle though.
LBJ4MVP23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: