Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-18-2011, 01:15 AM   #31
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: For those who missed the game (RE: Fts)...

I don't know what it is in Texas, but in Oklahoma 24-19=5.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:16 AM   #32
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

They weren't phantom calls but I've never seen a guy get so many fts on jumpers. A lot of those bumps and grabs normally aren't called while guys get fts for launching themselves into the paint.

I guess they were technically legit but it seemed really unusual. As if the refs were told before the game not to let Dirk get bumped at all..
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:17 AM   #33
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Hulk Hogan is considered somewhat coolHulk Hogan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Durant got 3 total bs calls i can think of just off the top of my head.

ROFL....Durant gets so many more calls than Dirk its a joke. One game....one game....and even then Dirk only shot 3 more legit free throws.

Wow.....the Dirk hate here is ****ing hilarious.

He plays one of the best playoff games ever and there is more hate than praise here.

No one hates dirk... we just have distaste for the ref preferance he is getting.
its fcuking ridiculous. If rose shot 24 freethrows this forum would shut-down.

and the thing is, rose attacks attacks and attacks. He is almost unstoppable and has to be fouled.

Dirk is doing what? taking jumpshots?

Again somewhere Zbo is pissed and furious. looking like he just seen a ghost!
He might even come out with lawsuit tomorrow!
Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:17 AM   #34
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ4MVP23
I think he was top 7, but I didnt want to over step things because outside of the Big 4 PF's: KG, Duncan, Malone, Barkley, I think Dirk has a strong case for number 5, but I could be forgetting a couple of guys which is why I said, his play so far is solidifying him as a top 7, but he could very well be number 5. Knocking one of those guys down a peg would take a miracle though.

In my opinion:

1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Pettit
4. Malone
5. Barkley
6. Dirk
7. Mchale

A few more great years from Dirk and he jumps over malone and barkley for me. If he wins a title.....he jumps to 3 all time and starts a legit conversation between KG and Dirk for 2nd best pf of all time.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:19 AM   #35
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
No one hates dirk... we just have distaste for the ref preferance he is getting.

and the thing is, rose attacks attacks and attacks. He is almost unstoppable and has to be fouled.

Most of the fouls were legit. They just don't know how to guard him.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:20 AM   #36
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan

This game was called differently. You can't look at it that way. Durant and Westbrook were getting touch fouls all game as well. It went both ways.

You are missing that point. Like I already explained. I think Dirk shot 6 to 8 free throws too many.

However, Durant shot at least 6 too many.
Westbrook shot at least 6 too many as well.

I can think of specific plays for them both. So it goes both ways. And again. The Thunder shot 9 more free throws really before the meaningless intentional foul on Dirk.

You are just a hater. You hate Dirk because you hate me. Admit it.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:23 AM   #37
LBJ4MVP23
Decent playground baller

LBJ4MVP23 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
In my opinion:

1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Pettit
4. Malone
5. Barkley
6. Dirk
7. Mchale

A few more great years from Dirk and he jumps over malone and barkley for me. If he wins a title.....he jumps to 3 all time and starts a legit conversation between KG and Dirk for 2nd best pf of all time.

Mine is Duncan-KD-Barkley-Malone-Dirk at the moment, but if he plays as he has so far and wins a title he would go to 3. However he would have to continue dominating through the playoffs to move ahead of those guys. If he has a kobe-esque finals (sub 44% shooting) and wins a ring, it wont be enough to move ahead of the barkley-malone crew.
LBJ4MVP23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:23 AM   #38
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
You are just a hater. You hate Dirk because you hate me. Admit it.
It's funny because I think you single handedly brought all of this dirk hate to this entire forum by yourself. I never saw this shit before you started propping him up in every single thread a couple months ago.

It's all on you buddy.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:24 AM   #39
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected poster

PF is a historically difficult position to rank all-time. You have statistical monsters like Barkley and Malone, who never won a championship, and especially in the case of Malone, who was known as a guy who shrank under pressure. You have KG who won a championship, but was under the shadow of the consensus GOAT PF Duncan. Heck, we don't even mention Bob Pettit, a 2 time MVP and won a championship during a time when the league also had Russell, Wilt, Oscar, West, Baylor, etc.
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:29 AM   #40
LBJ4MVP23
Decent playground baller

LBJ4MVP23 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie
PF is a historically difficult position to rank all-time. You have statistical monsters like Barkley and Malone, who never won a championship, and especially in the case of Malone, who was known as a guy who shrank under pressure. You have KG who won a championship, but was under the shadow of the consensus GOAT PF Duncan. Heck, we don't even mention Bob Pettit, a 2 time MVP and won a championship during a time when the league also had Russell, Wilt, Oscar, West, Baylor, etc.

Im with you, its tough. I don't understand why a Prime Monster KG was behind the other guys, but then post Prime, with a legit cast he wins a ring, and now hes number 2. He did not get better in his later years, his circumstances changed, but I guess thats just life.

I think KG is the best defender of the big 4 PFs, but Barkley is just an absolute beast. As far as team accomplishments, mixed with individual awards, you have to put Duncan at 1 imo. 2-4 is a big toss up, but I do put KG at 2 because of how atrocious his cast was and the fact that he was such an incredible defender, but still a complete offensive player/very good passer.

However I still maintain if its a "best player list," which is very different than a career team/individual achievement list that all time lists are, I am taking Barkley 1 at PF.
LBJ4MVP23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:32 AM   #41
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
It's funny because I think you single handedly brought all of this dirk hate to this entire forum by yourself. I never saw this shit before you started propping him up in every single thread a couple months ago.

It's all on you buddy.

ROFL

People have been hating on Dirk since 2001. Its nothing new. Bring on the hate. I love it.

Just more chances for Dirk to shove games like this right in your ****ing face.

Sorry. People like you just don't realize how good he actually is now and good he's been.

Like I said. Good educate yourself. Take a look at what Dirk did in 02 against Kg. Take a look at what Dirk did in 03. Take a look at what he did against prime Duncan in 06. Take it all in. One of the 25 best to ever play with a chance to move way up.

Sorry.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:33 AM   #42
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ4MVP23
Mine is Duncan-KD-Barkley-Malone-Dirk at the moment, but if he plays as he has so far and wins a title he would go to 3. However he would have to continue dominating through the playoffs to move ahead of those guys. If he has a kobe-esque finals (sub 44% shooting) and wins a ring, it wont be enough to move ahead of the barkley-malone crew.

Thats cool.

I think you under-rate Pettit though.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:35 AM   #43
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
ROFL

People have been hating on Dirk since 2001. Its nothing new. Bring on the hate. I love it.

Just more chances for Dirk to shove games like this right in your ****ing face.

Sorry. People like you just don't realize how good he actually is now and good he's been.

Like I said. Good educate yourself. Take a look at what Dirk did in 02 against Kg. Take a look at what Dirk did in 03. Take a look at what he did against prime Duncan in 06. Take it all in. One of the 25 best to ever play with a chance to move way up.

Sorry.
I've always known that dirk was a great player.. his teams have always been up there with the best advancing every year in the playoffs. We didn't need you shoving him down our throats in every other post to know that. All you did was ignite a troll army against the man.

And you know the hate is going to come back at you TEN FOLD when he loses in the finals to Miami again.. except you wont be able to do shit about it then.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:40 AM   #44
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
I've always known that dirk was a great player.. his teams have always been up there with the best advancing every year in the playoffs. We didn't need you shoving him down our throats in every other post to know that. All you did was ignite a troll army against the man.

And you know the hate is going to come back at you TEN FOLD when he loses in the finals to Miami again.. except you wont be able to do shit about it then.

What? Do you think I care?

I'll be right here owning you all. And if Dirk plays like crap he'll deserve to be blamed.

And no, Dirk has not had great teams around him. A common misconception by people that love to over-rate his help to tear him down. Much like this board does all the time and did last year.

All I saw last year here was Dirk losing to a 7 seed as the 2. Another huge choke. Another huge upset. Did you or anybody actually watch Dirk play or take the time to see what actually happened? Nope.....just more hate on Dirk.

Once again Dirk is on an over-achieving team both in the regular season and playoffs. Its all gravy now. Sweeping the ****ing Lakers missing our 2nd best player and another key player.

ROFL.....

Love the hate. Bring it on. Nothing new being a Mavs/Dirk fan.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: