Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2011, 01:50 AM   #1
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

I said this would hinder him when he came out of college, but it really hasn't during recent regular seasons....however tonight it was very apparent. He cannot dribble drive to save his life if he's being guarded by a tough in your face defender.

I stated he'd not be as everyone predicted he would coming out of college the first couple seasons because he was weak and relied on his outside shot too much. I was right. Then all of that was forgotten after back-to-back scoring championships......but wow was I ever reminded of my sentiment tonight as well as during the previous round versus Memphis.

The man is a great shooter and can work off the ball pretty well, but he needs to find a way to attack the basket with the ball better. Sure, he's not gonna turn himself into Rose or Wade. He is 6'9....but then I think of T-Mac and such. Dude still needs to add a lot of strength and really work on his one on one ball handling in the off season.

I can only imagine how he'd look if Bruce Bowen was still playing. lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:55 AM   #2
28renyoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,824
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

Ya..poor Durant only had 40/8/5 tonight and is only leading the playoffs in scoring, 30 ppg on 61 TS%
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:57 AM   #3
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
Ya..poor Durant only had 40/8/5 tonight and is only leading the playoffs in scoring, 30 ppg on 61 TS%

So you agree that he cannot drive against tough nosed defenders, which hinders him in close games where his shot isn't falling? Did you not see him shoot himself out of a couple games against Memphis? lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:59 AM   #4
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 29,187
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

wish i had a tougher nose...
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:00 AM   #5
28renyoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,824
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
So you agree that he cannot drive against tough nosed defenders, which hinders him in close games where his shot isn't falling? Did you not see him shoot himself out of a couple games against Memphis? lol

YEP HE'S ONLY LEADING THE PLAYOFFS IN 4TH QUARTER SCORING
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:03 AM   #6
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
YEP HE'S ONLY LEADING THE PLAYOFFS IN 4TH QUARTER SCORING

So you are agreeing with me. He is reduced to a jump shooter and may or may not pick up a foul on someone while he doesn't actually get anywhere, just fortunate enough that any contact is a foul. But you can indirectly answer this quote too. lol

When his jump shot is off, Durant becomes the most limited start left in the playoffs.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:06 AM   #7
28renyoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,824
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
So you are agreeing with me. He is reduced to a jump shooter and may or may not pick up a foul on someone while he doesn't actually get anywhere, just fortunate enough that any contact is a foul. But you can indirectly answer this quote too. lol

When his jump shot is off, Durant becomes the most limited start left in the playoffs.

YEP HES ONLY LEADING THE PLAYOFFS IN DUNKS
YEP HES ONLY LEADING THE PLAYOFFS IN FREE THROWS
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:08 AM   #8
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 16,516
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

Lol fail thread.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:11 AM   #9
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Lol fail thread.

Failed like Durant trying to dribble a ball. Looks like me when I was in grade school. lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:47 AM   #10
eazyduzzit10
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 124
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
I said this would hinder him when he came out of college, but it really hasn't during recent regular seasons....however tonight it was very apparent. He cannot dribble drive to save his life if he's being guarded by a tough in your face defender.

I stated he'd not be as everyone predicted he would coming out of college the first couple seasons because he was weak and relied on his outside shot too much. I was right. Then all of that was forgotten after back-to-back scoring championships......but wow was I ever reminded of my sentiment tonight as well as during the previous round versus Memphis.

The man is a great shooter and can work off the ball pretty well, but he needs to find a way to attack the basket with the ball better. Sure, he's not gonna turn himself into Rose or Wade. He is 6'9....but then I think of T-Mac and such. Dude still needs to add a lot of strength and really work on his one on one ball handling in the off season.

I can only imagine how he'd look if Bruce Bowen was still playing. lol
Dude, we can find a weakness in EVERYONES game including Kobe, LeBron and DWade..thing is all the players I just mentioned know their strengths and they use that to their advantage, which is what KD also does..it's like me blowing up Wade because he doesn't have a consistent jump shot or LeBron's post game..KD can score with the best of em don't hate
eazyduzzit10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,656
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyduzzit10
Dude, we can find a weakness in EVERYONES game including Kobe, LeBron and DWade..thing is all the players I just mentioned know their strengths and they use that to their advantage, which is what KD also does..it's like me blowing up Wade because he doesn't have a consistent jump shot or LeBron's post game..KD can score with the best of em don't hate
Since when is pointing out a player's weakness hating?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #12
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,304
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

weird timing since he did put his head down and drove to the paint a couple times vs. dallas. dirk was on him but i'm pretty sure chandler was down there too. is this something durant needs to do more often? certainly. he does need to bulk up so he doesn't get pushed off the block. still, he's such a pure scorer, if he gets a post-game, the guy is going to be downright dangerous from every point on the floor. also, he still gets to the top of the key pretty often.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #13
thomaspynchon
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,161
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

watching him drive is hilarious because he just flops and gets bailed out 95% of the time.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #14
eazyduzzit10
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 124
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Since when is pointing out a player's weakness hating?
Its pretty obvious from his comments he has something against KD, no need to make his weakness sound like it makes him a scrub
eazyduzzit10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #15
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,656
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyduzzit10
Its pretty obvious from his comments he has something against KD, no need to make his weakness sound like it makes him a scrub
Well, just argue wether you agree or not, and why, even a hater can be right.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy