Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #16
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Durant cannot drive against tough nosed defenders

Yeah, I thought Durant struggled at times too, and then I read the box score saw he scored 40 points on 10-18 shooting. The man is a flat out beast. He's got old school game... sometimes I think he's overlooked because he doesn't score in flashy ways. He just goes about his business in the most efficient way possible.

I would love to see Durant develop a post game, though. He'd have to put on more muscle, but he'd be absolutely deadly in the post.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #17
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

It's not hating. Just something that sticks out like a sore thumb to me when watching an entire game.

Just like when I watch Wade and I know he's about to pull up for a long range shot and I'm thinking "Jesus, he's gonna brick this shot." With Durant it's "Jesus, he couldn't cross over someone if his life depended on it." lol Just something hopefully he works on to make him more multi-dimensional. As LA_Showtime said, he is a star so he does get to the line due to contact, but how often do you see him blow by someone? He isn't slow...it's because if you watch him, he really doesn't have world class handles.

You might agree or not, but either way you can rebuff me by saying that he still put up 40 points and did it efficiently. Ya, that doesn't change the fact that he is lacking in an important part of the game that actually HAS hurt him in these playoffs. We've all seen the games this post season where he shoots himself out of a game because he's not as comfortable as he should be driving the ball.

Even in a game where he puts up points at a high percentage, what if it's late in a game and the defense is right up on him and the second defender is cheating over to him? Will he drive and break through a double? Not often. He will settle for a three or pass it off. If he could have the Wade like burst through the hole he'd be unstoppable.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #18
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

It's hard for guys who are 6'9 to drive against NBA quality defenders especially when teams key in on them and collapse on them.

Being 6'9 is a world away from being 6'4, I think we forget that sometimes.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: