Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
BIG_MIKE_27
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BIG_MIKE_27 has an OK reputation so far
Default Dunking??

Hey so after a lot of work I think ive finally gotten to the point where im able to dunk fairly consistently!
im by no means throwing it down but i can manage a 1 handed jam just about!
heres a video i took today and im just wondering if you would consider this a dunk?
this rim is a little over 10'1" and i jump a couple inches higher indoors but this is the first time iv done it on camera!
its weak as hell i know but i have gotten better ones before!

anyway this has been my goal for a long time and im pretty happy about it!
Goal for the summer: 2 hand Jam! ;)

im 5'9"
standing reach is about 7'6"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huhCul9ei24
BIG_MIKE_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
montaownedu
Kids at the park dunk on me

montaownedu has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Dunking??

Thats a lay up with a rim grab at the end, sorry. You've got a looong way to go before you're putting it down two handed. As a matter of fact, you have a couple more inches until you're getting it with 1. Keep working, your vert's pretty good and you'll get there. So close man.
montaownedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Hell no, it's not a dunk.

I can actually dunk with two hands off of two feet, but can't touch the rim jumping from my left foot, so you've got me beat there.

6', BTW
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
Permodius
I airball my layups

Permodius has an OK reputation so far

Not to be rude, but that is no where near a dunk. I used to attempt to dunk all the time and always ask my friends "Was that a dunk?" The answer would always be "No." Then, once I finally did get my first dunk, I absolutely knew it was a dunk. If you are asking whether or not it is a dunk, in all likeliness, it is not. When you do get your first dunk, you will be absolutely 100% sure that it was a dunk, it just feels a certain way.
Permodius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

at this jobin who thinks he can dunk when he is nowhere near dunking.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
BIG_MIKE_27
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BIG_MIKE_27 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
at this jobin who thinks he can dunk when he is nowhere near dunking.

i can dunk.. im not saying i do in this video but thats just the closest iv gotten on tape!
but that rim is one or two inches high and i can jump 3 or 4 inches higher on an indoor court in proper basketball shoes!
i know that wasnt a dunk in the video but i can dunk!
ill try and get a video next time i actually do dunk it! :P
BIG_MIKE_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: