Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
Hondo
Go CELTICS!

Hondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Ultimate Mock Draft 2011 Edition

I'm pretty new at this, usually I just look at the top 3 prospects and then whoever is in the Celtics range.

1. Cleveland
Kyrie Irving - he's the most sure thing in the draft, and the Cavs need a point guard to start with the rebuild.
Irving, Parker, Gee, Hickson, Varejao

2. Minnesota (to Cleveland for Pick 4, 2nd Round Pick 2 & Semih Erden)
Derrick Williams - Cleveland swoop in and take advantage of the Wolves not wanting the 2nd pick, and add a potential all-star forward to their roster.
Irving, Parker, Williams, Hickson, Varejao

3. Utah
Brandon Knight - Utah adds the point guard with the most upside in the draft.
Harris/ Knight, Hayward/ Bell, Kirilenko/ Miles, Millsap/ Favors, Jefferson/ Okur

4. Cleveland (to Minnesota)
Bismack Biyombo - The athletic defensive player and shot blocker the TWolves need beside Love.
Rubio, Johnson, Beasley, Love, Biyombo

5. Toronto
Enes Kanter - He's a big bruiser who can score inside. He should make a great compliment to Bargnani right from the get go. Valanciunas would be the pick here, but he's raw, and he may not play in the NBA for a few years yet. Far too risky of a pick.
Calderon, Derozan, Weems, Bargnani, Kanter

6. Washington
Kawhi Leonard - Washington's smal lforward and DPOY of the future.
Wall, Crawford, Leonard, Blatche, McGee

7. Sacramento
Kemba Walker - As Chad Ford has pointed out the, the idea here will be for Walker to play the 1, Thornton to play the 2 and Evans to move to the 3. Hopefully there's enough touches to go around.
Walker, Thornton, Evans, Thompson, Cousins

8. Detroit
Markieff Morris - Detroit needs a big bruising power forward to team with Monroe in the front court. Tristan Thompson was tempting, but I went with the sure thing (and size).
Stuckey, Hamilton, Daye, Morris/ Jerebko, Monroe

9. Charlotte
Reggie Jackson - Charlotte needs an upgrade at center, but there are no decent ones available, I have them taking Jackson who is a sure-fire lottery talent.
Augustin/ Jackson, Henderson, Jackson, Diaw, Brown

10. Milwaukee
Alec Burks - Milwaukee need scorers badly, their offense was anemic last season.
Jennings/ Dooling, Salmons/ Burks, Delfino/ Maggette, Ilyasova/ Mbah a Moute, Bogut/ Gooden

11. Golden State
Jan Vesely - He'll be a great compliment to David Lee if they play a smaller line-up. He is a great hustle player and will benefit from an up and down team.
Curry, Ellis, Wright, Lee/ Vesely, Biedrins

12. Utah
Chris Singleton - Hands down the best defensive player in the draft. If Utah can land Knight and Singleton, they get an A+. Traded their franchise player and rebuilt in less than a season.
Harris/ Knight, Hayward/ Bell, Singleton/ Miles, Millsap/ Favors, Jefferson/ Okur

13. Phoenix
Jimmer Fredette - Steve Nash's eventual replacement. I am one of the few that believes Jimmer to be a potential all-star. This opens up an Aaron Brooks trade to the LA Lakers for Shannon Brown (sign and trade)
Nash/ Fredette, Carter/ Brown, Hill/ Dudley, Frye/ Warrick, Gortat/ Lopez

14. Houston
Josh Selby - This kid has the highest potential of anyone left on the board.
Lowry/ Selby, Martin/ Lee, Budinger/ Williams, Scola/ Patterson, Ming/ Hayes/ Hill
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ultimate Mock Draft 2011 Edition

well, i appreciate the effort. i don't think i could do this in good faith. i mean, i could do it, but i simply haven't watched enough college ball for me to judge the last couple seasons.

i find it interesting you have veseley so low since i've seen him top 5 in almost all mock drafts (the few i've seen). he's an int'l player so those historically have a tendency to go high or lower than expected. i also haven't seen singleton in the top 15 in many mock drafts, if at all. i'm an fsu fan so i can dig that.
but being honest, i'm not sure his jumper is consistent enough to make him a starter. but hey, if sefolosha is a starter in this league, why can't singleton be?

good topic to discuss. i'm high on leonard and morris and i think whatever teams take them, they'll get good value.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
Sterlingsucks
French Toast Mafia

Sterlingsucks has an OK reputation so far

Kanter will go no later than 4...if Minny trades that pick they still will pick him imo. He is a servicable center with range who would work great with Love and Beasley
Sterlingsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #4
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

kanter could be special. i've only seen highlights but his strengths shine to me. he can read defenses and pass out, he's actually physical and uses his body to lean into shots (with a soft touch) and also box out and rebound a bit. i mean, the guy has all the potential. i can't tell you why i'm apprehensive about him, but he does have the abilities to be a top 3 player in this class.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
Sterlingsucks
French Toast Mafia

Aaron Brooks for Shannon Brown? UUUMMMM Hell no that is not happening. Shelby is good but I think he goes 19 to Charlotte and at 9 the Bobcats take Morris or the best PF available if they cant get Jeff Green in FA
Old 05-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
OmniStrife
College superstar

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll take Jimmer.
BTW anyone wanna trade their pick for VC?
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #7
Hondo
Go CELTICS!

Hondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
kanter could be special. i've only seen highlights but his strengths shine to me. he can read defenses and pass out, he's actually physical and uses his body to lean into shots (with a soft touch) and also box out and rebound a bit. i mean, the guy has all the potential. i can't tell you why i'm apprehensive about him, but he does have the abilities to be a top 3 player in this class.

If the Celtics had the number 1 pick and I was the GM, I would take Kanter without hesitating. I can see him being the ROY, and dominating. He would have put up similar stats to Cousins had he been allowed to play, but he would have blocked more shots.

I really see Irving being a flop. Nothing about him screams star, or allstar to me.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #8
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo
If the Celtics had the number 1 pick and I was the GM, I would take Kanter without hesitating. I can see him being the ROY, and dominating. He would have put up similar stats to Cousins had he been allowed to play, but he would have blocked more shots.

I really see Irving being a flop. Nothing about him screams star, or allstar to me.

agreed on kanter obv. i mean, he could be a huge steal or a disappointment. it's really hard for me to say at this point but i understand people who are really high on him. he has tangible skills and sort of sheds the euro stereotype of being soft since he almost seeks out contact.

as far as irving, i think his speed is sort of understated. he's quick as hell and can get to the rim. he also has pretty good court vision and can throw those quick bullet passes. his jump shot is suspect especially 20+ feet out. it's hard to judge him too since he was out for most of last season with a foot injury. cp3 also had a suspect jumper coming out of college. i'm not leaping that far but i'd say a prime cp3 is about his max.

i do think the difference between irving and knight isn't franchise breaking but this is all guesswork at this point.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
chips93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo

5. Toronto
Enes Kanter - He's a big bruiser who can score inside. He should make a great compliment to Bargnani right from the get go. Valanciunas would be the pick here, but he's raw, and he may not play in the NBA for a few years yet. Far too risky of a pick.
Calderon, Derozan, Weems, Bargnani, Kanter

neither barganani or kanter can block shots very well, so id ont think that they fit very well together.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #10
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Even if Minny doesnt want the 2nd pick, they wont trade down 2 spots (esp when you have a clear-cut consensus #2 pick in this year's draft) just to get an extra 2nd round pick.

And no way Utah passes on Jimmer
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #11
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He should make a great compliment to Bargnani right from the get go.
You mean Ed Davis right?

If the Raptors take Kanter (which would be great since I don't think he'll be around at 5), the future frontcourt should be Kanter at C and Ed Davis at PF.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #12
Sterlingsucks
French Toast Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
You mean Ed Davis right?

If the Raptors take Kanter (which would be great since I don't think he'll be around at 5), the future frontcourt should be Kanter at C and Ed Davis at PF.

you plan on trading Bargs? It might be good for Tornoto in the long run though I think Kanter does not slip past #4 but would be good since you can get a good SF for Bags maybe even Wilson Chandler in a sign and trade.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #13
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
And no way Utah passes on Jimmer

Why not? Didn't Indiana pass up on Steve Alford for Reggie Miller, pissing off a lot of their fans, but ultimately proving them wrong in the end?

I'm not saying whoever the Jazz get at #12 is going to be as good as Reggie Miller nor am I saying Jimmer will have as irrelevant of a career as Alford had. But, say a SG like Alec Burks is sitting there at #12 then I think Utah would be better served to take a more traditional NBA SG who I think has the ability to be a starter in this league, instead of a career 6th or 7th man scoring spark off the bench like Fredette.

And I've seen some mocks that have Utah taking Singleton, too. He may end up being an AK-47 clone. A 6'9" ultra-versatile defender with an offensive game on the weak side.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #14
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

where's the rest?
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingsucks
you plan on trading Bargs? It might be good for Tornoto in the long run though I think Kanter does not slip past #4 but would be good since you can get a good SF for Bags maybe even Wilson Chandler in a sign and trade.
They should. He is not good enough to be a starter if you want to be a good team. Either trade him or have him as the first big off the bench.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: