Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #16
KOBE24isdabest
16!

KOBE24isdabest is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKOBE24isdabest is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKOBE24isdabest is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKOBE24isdabest is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKOBE24isdabest is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKOBE24isdabest is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKOBE24isdabest is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKOBE24isdabest is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKOBE24isdabest is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do not sleep on Enes Kanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YzbhAQGPqk

Dude was actually surprisingly pretty good. Why didn't he get a single second of playing time in the NCAA again? He was on the roster and obviously good so why did he never played?

this is why

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/07/en...earing-appeal/
KOBE24isdabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #17
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

I can easily see Kahn doing something stupid and taking Kanter at 2
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #18
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Works for Marc Gasol.
Haven't won a championship, but he's definitely a quality center.

Gasol is a great comparison, though Kanter is more athletic. Hardly Blake Griffin, but hardly Greg Monroe either.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #19
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
I can easily see Kahn doing something stupid and taking Kanter at 2

He better take Kanter. They have Beas/Johnson at the 3.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #20
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation

Enes would have been the best player in the country if he had been able to play. He is significantly better than Sullinger.
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:49 PM   #21
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

sneaky feeling Minny takes him.. just a hunch
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:50 PM   #22
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
sneaky feeling Minny takes him.. just a hunch
He and Love are similar, although not exactly the same. Maybe they'll trade Love?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #23
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
He's not chubby, his lift looks fine and his jumper seems better than I expected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNK8siaYI7M

The vid shows he is a flat jumper . .. no lift , in the NBA he will be a spot up shooter and a dunker or weak side layup artist.

Because he has marginal lift on his jumper and needs momentum to jam he will have problems with quick players, and his defense will be susceptible to strong side offenses.

However he has muscle and bulk , and he doesn't appear to be a player that would squirm when the tough gets going.
I think he is a mid 1st rounder and I'd be surprised if he goes above the 5th pick.
Players like this in the right coaching staff circles can make this a concrete player for 12 years , because there is no flash , but could develop into a great fundamental type player.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #24
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
He and Love are similar, although not exactly the same. Maybe they'll trade Love?

could eventually package Bess for a legit Shooting guard ..

But if Minny ventures this way , it is not only a high pick for this type of player , but my guess using Love and Kanter at different times and 10-15 minutes together on the floor.

Problem is (my post above) when you have two players playing weak as$ defense , specially on the front court , that means trouble (as you basically stated)

Of all things though I think Minny needs to find some players that will play long in the league and stay in Minny. Love and Kanter might be two guys that would be happy to play there.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #25
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

I haven't seen him play at all what is his defense like?
If he is even an average defender with shotblocking skills I would love for the Wolves to trade down a couple of spots and pick him up.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #26
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

I feel like he could easily develop into a Scola/Boozer type player. He's so skilled, it's not to see him being successful. He's not a project at all like some of these Euro bigs are. Even though he can shoot it, he has tons of post moves.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:54 AM   #27
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
Enes would have been the best player in the country if he had been able to play. He is significantly better than Sullinger.

Calipari said before the season started that Cousins was a better player than Kanter was. Of course Cousins is going to be terrific but it does point out he's not quite the lock at C like picking Cousins was. I'm not sure if he would have been the best in the country or not.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #28
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Calipari said before the season started that Cousins was a better player than Kanter was. Of course Cousins is going to be terrific but it does point out he's not quite the lock at C like picking Cousins was. I'm not sure if he would have been the best in the country or not.
Cal says a lot of things, lol. Josh Harrelson was asked after the season who was the best player he played against while he was at UK. Josh went up against Cousins and Patterson every day. He said Enes Kanter.

I'm not saying he's better than Cousins, but Cousins is better than Sullinger, so he doesn't have to be.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:39 AM   #29
sh0wtime

sh0wtime has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YzbhAQGPqk

Dude was actually surprisingly pretty good. Why didn't he get a single second of playing time in the NCAA again? He was on the roster and obviously good so why did he never played?

At 1:04, the commentator says: "Lebron trying to go inside to Kanter"?
sh0wtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #30
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

rosonviyavong has an OK reputation so far

I could see him doing some good things in the NBA. Reminds me of how Jennings played in Europe and alot of people slept on him since they didn't get to watch him for a year but he turned out just fine and now Kanter hasn't played NCAA basketball but I don't think it'll effect him.
rosonviyavong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: