Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #31
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Re: Do not sleep on Enes Kanter

I will have to see the dude's measurables... be better have like a 9"2+ reach with a fat wingspan cus he just looks too slow to be a great player. He could be a solid player I mean he looks to be able to step out and hit a 15-199 foot jumper and he obviously has skills, seems like a Kevin Love type... range, crafty under the rim despite a lack of athleticism... I don't know I could see 18/10 at his peak for him.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #32
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
I feel like he could easily develop into a Scola/Boozer type player. He's so skilled, it's not to see him being successful. He's not a project at all like some of these Euro bigs are. Even though he can shoot it, he has tons of post moves.

Bingo - he's NBA ready, very skilled and an NBA body. It would be a huge mistake if Utah don't get him at 3 or Cleveland at 4.

Watch him close, he has very soft touch for a big guy.

Last edited by kumquat : 05-19-2011 at 08:01 AM.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #33
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Rookie of the year and all star for years to come
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #34
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0wtime
At 1:04, the commentator says: "Lebron trying to go inside to Kanter"?

That was Mael Lebrun of France.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #35
iguana
I airball my layups

iguana has an OK reputation so far

f*** jazz. i hope they dont get him because they will waste him just like they did on Okur.

Irving and Kanter to Cavs seem like a good deal for both Cavs and the players.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #36
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
The vid shows he is a flat jumper . .. no lift , in the NBA he will be a spot up shooter and a dunker or weak side layup artist.

Because he has marginal lift on his jumper and needs momentum to jam he will have problems with quick players, and his defense will be susceptible to strong side offenses.

However he has muscle and bulk , and he doesn't appear to be a player that would squirm when the tough gets going.
I think he is a mid 1st rounder and I'd be surprised if he goes above the 5th pick.
Players like this in the right coaching staff circles can make this a concrete player for 12 years , because there is no flash , but could develop into a great fundamental type player.

You seem to be completely disregarding his very polished back to the basket game. And by above the 5th pick, do you mean in the top five or not top five? If you mean you''ll be surprised if he's a top five pick then go ahead and prepare yourself to be surprised, because almost everything I'm reading, every mock etc. has him as a top 5 pick.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: