Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #16
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Default Re: Colangelo drafting European?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
I absolutely would take Kanter at 5, but there's no way he drops that far. My thoughts are Cleveland definitely nabs him at 4 if he's not taken at 3 since they'll already have Irving and won't need walker or knight, and I don't see Williams dropping to 4 so he wouldn't be available to him.

Have seen some vids and the guy has some nice post moves, a decent shot and although he doesn't block a ton fights for boards and seems to just have a knack for being in the right place to pick up boards/help on D.

Overall though, I think you need to role the dice on Walker or Knight and trade Calderon since I can't see Kanter being on the board and we certainly don't need another project big.

Re: Kanter:

Quote:
Interesting, @ESPNAndyKatz said Enes Kanter "stood up" Toronto, Milwaukee, Utah for interviews. Guess he won't interview with them at all.

Raps should pick him out of spite.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #17
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Yeah, Kanter falls to 3, maybe 4 but no lower than that. It's looking more and more likely with each passing day that we will get stuck with Knight. I don't really like him to be honest. He's like Jerryd Bayless 2.0. Combo guard, can't really run an offense, a little turnover prone, but a solid scorer. However, if we were to get a pg, Irving would've been the guy. An idea I had would be to trade our 5th down and grab Valanciunas and another player (from whichever team is planning to draft him).
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #18
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Re: Kanter:

Raps should pick him out of spite.
Interesting. Seeing as there's a decent likelihood of Utah taking him.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #19
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Yeah, Kanter falls to 3, maybe 4 but no lower than that. It's looking more and more likely with each passing day that we will get stuck with Knight. I don't really like him to be honest. He's like Jerryd Bayless 2.0. Combo guard, can't really run an offense, a little turnover prone, but a solid scorer. However, if we were to get a pg, Irving would've been the guy. An idea I had would be to trade our 5th down and grab Valanciunas and another player (from whichever team is planning to draft him).

Honestly, yeah there's no one that I'm excited to grab at 5. I'd totally be down with a trade down. I really wanted to at least be at 3 to grab Kanter, but now I just don't care. The only reason I see for picking knight or walker is if you plan to ship Jose out and then can use next year as a time to decide which if he or Bayless is the better combo guard, then trade the worse of the two and hope to draft a great guard in next year's deeper draft who can actually be a good offense-running starter.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #20
Reef
College star

Kanter measured out at 6-9.75 barefoot, 6-11.25 in shoes with a 7-1.5 winspan and 9-1.5 standing reach. Not bad.

Last edited by Reef : 05-20-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #21
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

chances may be increasing that you can get Kanter at 5 too. I think Utah may go with Kemba or Valanciunas and I don't think Cleveland's going Kanter at 4 either. I think either Valanciunas or Kanter is the pick in the end. They both provide a nice presence next to Bargs, with Davis plus Amir on the bench.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #22
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

PF - Davis
C - Kanter
Bench: Amir

Assuming Davis and Kanter don't become total busts, I'd be happy with that as the primary frontcourt rotation going forward. But I guess as long as Colangelo is still here, Bargnani will be in the way of all that.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #23
Doko
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
PF - Davis
C - Kanter
Bench: Amir

Assuming Davis and Kanter don't become total busts, I'd be happy with that as the primary frontcourt rotation going forward. But I guess as long as Colangelo is still here, Bargnani will be in the way of all that.

Wow that would be a nice frontcourt if we're gunning for 10 wins agains XD
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #24
bluerap
Local High School Star

Agree.

The only thing worse would be

PF:andrea
C: Kanter
Bench: Amir.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #25
Reef
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko

Doko hating on Euros as usual.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:48 AM   #26
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko

What the **** you have against Kanter man? Are you some kind of Euro bball racist or somethin?
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #27
bokes15
Playoffs!

The weird part is he loves Bargnani/Calderon/Kleiza but if you mention guys like the Gasol brothers, Darko, Kanter, Valanciunas, etc... he talks about how much he disdains them or thinks they suck. So it's not like FC who hates all Americans and loves all Euro players. It's like he loves just those specific players and hates everyone else.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #28
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
The weird part is he loves Bargnani/Calderon/Kleiza but if you mention guys like the Gasol brothers, Darko, Kanter, Valanciunas, etc... he talks about how much he disdains them or thinks they suck. So it's not like FC who hates all Americans and loves all Euro players. It's like he loves just those specific players and hates everyone else.

he just hates the good ones (although darko is an exception). He is in love with crap.

he likes to stand out in a crowd by being different.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #29
Molson
Great young streetballer

Here are some interesting videos by Utah's play by play guy David Locke on the 4 Euro big men: Kanter, Vesely, Motiejunas, and Valanciunas.

Thought I'd share considering they may be on the radar.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dlouchheim#p/u
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #30
BRabbiT

Quote:
"A lot was made on Friday about Kanter's decision to cancel a scheduled interview with the Jazz.

Don't read too much into it. Sources in both Utah and in Kanter's camp said it was mutually agreed that the Jazz would fly to Chicago on June 2 and see Kanter workout in Chicago. The Jazz will get their interview then.

Kanter did meet with the Cavs, Wizards and Wolves this week and will likely workout there. It's no secret Kanter would like to play in Washington with John Wall. I'm not confident he'll last until the sixth pick
."

link
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: