Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 05-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #16
thomaspynchon
Banned

thomaspynchon has not been impressing people
Default Re: What the Mavs need to do in Game 3 to win

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Haha.

Yea, the defense has been really poor so far in the series.

I guess it's time to man up and admit OKC is a pretty good team. I thought Dallas would win this easily but I was obviously wrong.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #17
LurkingFanboy
I hit open layups

LurkingFanboy has an OK reputation so far

Not sure why anybody thought this would be an easy series for the Mavs. Should have been watching all the games of theirs during the playoffs. Mavs don't have the the athletes to properly drive the lane. JJ will but he be equal parts easy layup or equal parts shot blocked into his forehead.

Marion is getting looks REALLY good looks he's failing massively at executing. Never have seen a guy so athletic that will miss such easy shots.

Dallas is in big trouble because OKC is quick enough to break down their zone and shooting well enough to make it pay. Best Mavs fans can hope for is to take one in OKC and snag game 5.
LurkingFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #18
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkingFanboy
Not sure why anybody thought this would be an easy series for the Mavs. Should have been watching all the games of theirs during the playoffs. Mavs don't have the the athletes to properly drive the lane. JJ will but he be equal parts easy layup or equal parts shot blocked into his forehead.

Marion is getting looks REALLY good looks he's failing massively at executing. Never have seen a guy so athletic that will miss such easy shots.

Dallas is in big trouble because OKC is quick enough to break down their zone and shooting well enough to make it pay. Best Mavs fans can hope for is to take one in OKC and snag game 5.

Beaubois would be the best counter but he's become hesistant to drive this season. I don't think Dallas should change up the lineup though drastically
Old 05-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #19
LurkingFanboy
I hit open layups

LurkingFanboy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
Beaubois would be the best counter but he's become hesistant to drive this season. I don't think Dallas should change up the lineup though drastically
I agree not yet honestly not sure what to make of the game. I DON'T think OKCs bench can maintain this production. I don't think the Mavs bench will be this crappy. Mavs dominated in the second half in game 1. Mavs dominated in the first quarter in game 2. They didn't make their stops and didn't execute when they had the touches especially mid 4th quarter and STILL had a chance to tie it up at the end of the game. Dirk hits the FTs, they get that stop and then a 3 for OT granted all big ifs but I like their chances in OT with Collison fouled out. So with all that said the Mavs have to feel like they can get it done if they execute.

On the flip side...you can't think Westbrook will continue to play so poorly. I fully expect him to be dominant in game 3 or 4. I said Dallas in 6 to start the series still think that holds true but now it's a lot more head scratching because I think OKC actually has found something guarding the Mavs in the doubling of Dirk. Dallas still hasn't found anything to really limit OKC.
LurkingFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #20
Arti
I hit open layups

Arti has an OK reputation so far

I give credit to OKC's defense, they played very well. But they were also ridiculously hot on offense last night. I don't expect that to continue, at least to that same degree. Harden and Cook were making everything. I think Dallas just needs to tighten up the defense a little bit, and if OKC doesn't hit ridiculous shots again, the Mavs will be fine.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #21
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

The facts are that in game 2 James Harden played out of his mind and in a sense the Thunder got lucky. I don't see him making all those 3's in a 7 game series. The Mavs only lost by 6. Harden is the X-factor.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #22
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

DirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope the OKC crowd was taken by the rapture
DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #23
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool

"Give the ball to Nowitzki on 75% of possessions" isn't as easy as it sounds. OKC did a fantastic job of keeping him both off his spots and staying in front of him when he does get there to deny him the ball. That's why you saw Nowitzki at the top of the key and driving to the basket in game 2.
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #24
TrueRob
Local High School Star

TrueRob has no real reputation yet.

Dallas needs to tighten up their perimeter defense. All of OKC's jumpers should be contested. Chandler and Haywood must continue to harass Westbrook when he tries to score in the paint.
TrueRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #25
ThaSwagg3r

Finish the game with more points.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #26
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
"Give the ball to Nowitzki on 75% of possessions" isn't as easy as it sounds. OKC did a fantastic job of keeping him both off his spots and staying in front of him when he does get there to deny him the ball. That's why you saw Nowitzki at the top of the key and driving to the basket in game 2.

Give OKC credit, they played tough D and got away with a lot while Durant/Harden got touch fouls on the other end.
I suspect game 3 to be a lot different
Old 05-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #27
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

all they really need to do is shore up the D.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #28
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Give OKC credit, they played tough D and got away with a lot while Durant/Harden got touch fouls on the other end.
I suspect game 3 to be a lot different

Hardly. Staying in front of Nowitzki isn't a foul but if he ever got the ball in his hands and you breathed on him he got the foul call.

Funny you say Durant got touch fouls on the other end considering he shot THREE free throws in game 2.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #29
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
Hardly. Staying in front of Nowitzki isn't a foul but if he ever got the ball in his hands and you breathed on him he got the foul call.

Funny you say Durant got touch fouls on the other end considering he shot THREE free throws in game 2.

Of his 19 in game 1 he deserved maybe 2 of them.

Refs treated Harden like a king in game 2. The 4 pt play was bullshit.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #30
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

Quote:
Of his 19 in game 1 he deserved maybe 2 of them.

Refs treated Harden like a king in game 2. The 4 pt play was bullshit.

And how many of Nowitzki's 24 did he actually earn?

Why are you even complaining about game 1? Dallas won.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: