Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #46
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board
Default Re: Surprising Combine Results

Can people stop talking about The Combine, it freaks me out.
Too many Half-life i suppose.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #47
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

I don't mean to be rude, but when normal people talk about height it's not in shoes.

Shoes change. Your height (hopefully) does not.
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #48
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

is it me or is all the draft stuff happening sooner than last year??

We had the lottery, then the combine, it seems like next week we will have the draft. Everything is happening so fast to me
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #49
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikill
Irving Kanter and Williams all had solid measurements there pretty much lock for top 3 this is how i think it goes
Irving
Kanter
Williams
I doubt the Jazz draft Kanter, He didnt want to work out for them at first and see Washington, Cavs and T-Wolves are the teams he prefer
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #50
Sicknote
National High School Star

Sicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
Can someone clarify how a guy can have a longer wingspan but a shorter reach?? I can't wrap my head around that

I was wondering the same thing.
Sicknote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #51
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
is it me or is all the draft stuff happening sooner than last year??

We had the lottery, then the combine, it seems like next week we will have the draft. Everything is happening so fast to me

Draft not until the end of June. Its May buddy, perhaps you advanced your calender ahead by accident.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #52
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiiu
I doubt the Jazz draft Kanter, He didnt want to work out for them at first and see Washington, Cavs and T-Wolves are the teams he prefer
Yeah i'm saying he goes second to Twolves
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #53
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikill
Yeah i'm saying he goes second to Twolves
Cool with me. That just leaves Williams at #4
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #54
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicknote
it comes down to where your arms start. If you have a big head/long neck then comparing your standing reach to height won't seem as impressive as your wingspan.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #55
chips93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicknote

if you have very wide shoulders, you will have a big wingspan, but a shorter vertical reach
Old 05-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #56
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
wholey crap, Derrick Williams is 250lbs?????

Can someone clarify how a guy can have a longer wingspan but a shorter reach?? I can't wrap my head around that
Sure... Wingspan is the length measured with arms out-stretch to the sides from fingertip to fingertip.

Reach is simply the length of the arm out-stretch above the head, like you are reaching for something, I believe.

So, a person would have a longer wingspan than reach because of having very broad shoulders. Meanwhile, the width of a torso would have nothing to do with a measurement of reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkess
I don't mean to be rude, but when normal people talk about height it's not in shoes.

Shoes change. Your height (hopefully) does not.

I believe the measurement with shoes is what the NBA uses as official height... Which is why I used it. If you use the barefoot measurement, it is going to be an unfair barometer when comparing a draft prospect to the listed heights of other NBA players.

For instance, Deron Williams measured in at 6'1.75" in barefeet at the pre-draft combine, but he is listed at 6-foot-3 by the NBA... His rounded up height with shoes.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #57
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

jeremy tyler with a wing span of 7.5 inches. he managed to clear the rung on his vertical leap test, which was set at 12 feet (which was then moved up).. I hope miami gets this guy. He's a legit 6'11 and very athletic. He's projected to go in the 2nd round. we have the 31st pick.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #58
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Anybody Watching NBA Draft Combine?

Keith Benson is a sleeper pick in the 2nd round if you ask me, he played in the shitty Summit League, but basically Oakland dominated that conference and the tourney because of him.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #59
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
wholey crap, Derrick Williams is 250lbs?????

Reach is dependent more on height of shoulders and overall height, wingspan is how long your arms are and is measured with your arms out to your sides. Blake Griffin and Wade have similar wingspans but Blake is taller so he has a higher reach.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #60
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

to everyone who clarified the wingspan vs. reach, I get it
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: