Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Don't sleep on the Witcher 2 for 360

I've never had a pc game, but I've been hearing great things about this RPG. It has a score of 92 on metacritic so far. It looks amazing and fun. Do any of you have it? Your thoughts on it so far?
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Witcher 2

Bought it from GOG. Played about 10 minutes of it and it's incredible like I was expecting. But I'm playing through the Witcher 1 again first. Played that when it first came out so just getting back into the world of these games. I highly recommend playing both for anyone that is a fan of RPGs. I rate the Witcher right alonside Dragon Age Origins in overall quality (and obviously way better than the disappointment that was Dragon Age 2).
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:25 AM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ordered a new graphics card for my PC two days ago to play this game. Everyone I've talked to says it's amazing.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #4
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

simply amazing. It's got a ton of issues with the UI being annoying but despite that you likely won't care. The game is simple amazing.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Ordered a new graphics card for my PC two days ago to play this game. Everyone I've talked to says it's amazing.

Ooh! Details!?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Ooh! Details!?

My 'gaming' PC is really just a suped-up desktop PC, nothing special. This is the card I picked up;

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeo...pr_product_top
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've had several Sapphire Radeon cards in the past and they've all been great.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #8
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm a total nube to pc gaming and I had a few questions. First, here's the system requirements for Witcher 2:

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or similar AMD
RAM: 1 GB for Win XP / 2 GB for Win Vista
VGA: Nvidia GF 8800 512 VR or similar ATI
DX: DirectX 9.0c
HDD: 8GB for game and 8GB bonus content

Recommended System Requirements:

CPU: Intel Quad Core or AMD equivalent
RAM: 3 GB for Windows XP / 4 GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7
VGA: Nvidia GeForce 260, 1 GB memory / Radeon HD 4850 with 1 GB memory
DX: DirectX 9.0c
HDD: At least 16 GB of free space

Where do I find the VGA info on my pc? Once I find it, how do I know it is equal to or better than the above mentioned.

What is DX and where do I find it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

^^^^

Go to your "control panel" and check your system devices there or download a quick and small program like CPU-Z (http://www.cpuid.com/) that will tell you everything that's in your computer.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #10
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

^Great! Thanks Q. That cpuid is just what I'm looking for.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #11
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^^^^ noob
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

GOG has Witcher 1 enhanced version for $5! I think I'm gonna try it!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I've been playing this some more and am completely blown away by how fully realized and detailed the world of the game is. I've played through many medieval-style RPGs (the Gothic series, some of the Ultimas, The Elder Scrolls Series, Dragon Age, Two Worlds and others) and I've never experienced a world that immerses the gamer like this. The graphics, the great characters and voice acting and most of all a mature story that you have to pay attention to in order to follow some of the politics. It's going to be hard for any 2011 game to top this for me.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #14
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

I picked up the Witcher enhanced directors cut a few weeks back off amazon for $9 and I loved it. Picked this up when it came out too. Amazing so far. So much life in the game world. Really impressive.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:34 PM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/the-wit...23131251436086

I hope Obama enjoys The Witcher 2.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: