Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 05-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #16
Heat007
Unguardable

Default Re: May 22, ECF Game 3 Chicago Bulls @ Miami Heat

The Cows are toast.

We got em right where we want em.
Heat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #17
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Where da sticky at!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:52 AM   #18
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Where da sticky at!

I like the avy.
Ruh-Roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:58 AM   #19
ThaSwagg3r

I see the Bulls taking this one. More days off gives the Bulls more days to game plan and fix their problems to win the next game. And more days off for the Heat = more partying for Wade and LeBron.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:04 AM   #20
FKAri
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb220
I heard Miami is changing the starting 5...

House
Wade
LeBron
Bosh
Magloire

If that's true, Chicago will be awarded the series by half-time, with any remaining games absolved. Miami might also get fined by the league for failure to compete.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:06 AM   #21
ballerz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb220
I heard Miami is changing the starting 5...

House
Wade
LeBron
Bosh
Magloire
If they do start House and Magloire they will get burned by the bulls
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:16 AM   #22
Heat007
Unguardable

In his last six Game 3's, LeBron James is averaging 34 ppg.

And Dwyane Wade is averaging 31 ppg in his last nine home playoff appearances (Wade has 38-29-34 pts in his last 3 home playoff games, on over 60% shooting -- all wins)

When Wade plays well and shoots 60 TS% it's an automatic win for the Heat in Wade's playoff career

http://www.backpicks.com/2011/05/18/...dition-part-i/

Of particular interest are the three players still playing the 2011 playoffs: Wade, James and Nowitzki. Their teams win significantly more when they shoot well, so much so that LeBron’s teams and Wade’s teams have win% approaching Michael Jordan‘s Bulls teams when MJ shot well.

Think about that for a second.

When Dwyane Wade shoots well, Miami has won at the rate of a 70-win team. When he doesn’t hit the 60% mark, a 34-win team. And he’s hit the mark in nearly half his playoff games, more than anyone on the list outside of Dirk Nowitzki. This further echoes the idea that Wade has been something special in the postseason.

Last edited by Heat007 : 05-21-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:20 AM   #23
Nash-tastic
Great college starter

Game 3 is a pivotal game in any series, I remember that whenever a series is tied 1-1 then the winner of Game 3 goes on to win about 85% of the time (some one correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going with my memory here)
Nash-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:44 AM   #24
madmax
Decent college freshman

Yawn...
Heat by 10. Bulls cought a break in Game 1 with Lebron having cold and not competing hard, no such luck anymore I'm afraid. Talent wins in playoffs and Chicago are severely lacking in this department. All the hustle and energy in the world won't save you against 2 TOP 3 players in the league.
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:55 AM   #25
vinsane01
National High School Star

Damn am i only one of the few here that thinks the bulls can pull it off? Im not a fan of rose or the bulls but i really think they have the right arsenal of players to beat miami. More specifically they have a better starting big men and and better backup bigs than the heat. I think the difference is how they utilize their big men to their optimum capacity. And that means rose should take less shots and try being a real point guard for a change and set up his teammates. Korver and the other perimeter scorers should step it up and then who knows. I think they can and will win the series.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:12 AM   #26
Heat007
Unguardable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsane01
Damn am i only one of the few here that thinks the bulls can pull it off? Im not a fan of rose or the bulls but i really think they have the right arsenal of players to beat miami. More specifically they have a better starting big men and and better backup bigs than the heat. I think the difference is how they utilize their big men to their optimum capacity. And that means rose should take less shots and try being a real point guard for a change and set up his teammates. Korver and the other perimeter scorers should step it up and then who knows. I think they can and will win the series.

Miami's power forwards are much better.. and that's half of the big men right there.

Bosh >>>> Boozer

Haslem >>>> Gibson

LeBron started playing more by the basket in game 2, collecting 10 rebounds.. and Wade is an exceptional rebounder for a SG. had 9 boards the other night - many of them in the paint beating bigger men in traffic (as Wade has done throughout his whole career)..

Haslem = Top 6 for all power forwards in rebounding rate. and Mike Miller will be seeing more playing time and his rebounding rate is exceptional and he's a terrific rebounder in the paint.. Miller will be in more because James Jones is a horrific rebounder... you will not see Jones much in this series... he was okay for Boston, but not for Chicago.

The Heat have rebounders at positions that are some of the best rebounders for their positions in the league. With Haslem and Miller seeing more playing time, and being the great rebounders they are, this will curb the rebounding advantage of the Bulls. And Bosh is always good for 10 rebounds on his own.

And it's been proven all year that if you can stay close to the Bulls in the rebounding department, you'll win. The Bulls are under .500 this year when teams are slightly below them in rebounding, or when the rebounding is about even (and this has been proven in the playoffs too, not just the regular season).

Chicago is crap unless they can get a lot of 2nd chance pts and they can limit other teams from 2nd chance points via their rebounding. Miami has the people who can rebound as Miami was 3rd in the NBA for rebounding rate this year.

The fact of the matter is, if the Bulls were an average rebounding team, they would be a very mediocre team overall. And Miami has the guys to make them look average as a team.

It's no secret that Miami made adjustments in the rebounding department for game 2, inserting Haslem and Miller in there for good minutes. Miami won the rebounding 45-41 and of course won the game. Miami will curb the rebounding and when that happens the Bulls have absolutely no chance as they are not nearly as talented as Miami in other areas.. the Bulls just rely too heavily on their rebounding to overcome their talent deficiencies.

And Miami's shooters >> Bulls shooters.. as proven by FG% throughout the year.

Miami will be at home and will play a lot better than they did the 2 games in Chicago... as Miami has played a lot better at home over the course of the playoffs (IE- looked much better at home against Boston in the 3 games than they did in the 2 on the road Boston, same for Philly).
Old 05-21-2011, 06:19 AM   #27
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

heat win 81-69
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #28
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsane01
Pretty much. Everyone else still is jizzing over Bronzy being Wade's sidekick. and bowing down to the raw talent that doesn't gel properly.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #29
Heat007
Unguardable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
the raw talent that doesn't gel properly.

Well their on/off stats indicate otherwise. Both of their TS% rise when they're on the court together compared to when one of them on the bench.

That's gelling. They're just fine as you'll witness it as they dismantle your Bullshit Bulls and win this series rather shortly.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #30
Askmeificare
High School JV MVP

Heat 92 - Bulls 79
Askmeificare is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: