Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 05-22-2011, 07:01 AM   #46
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Default Re: May 22, ECF Game 3 Chicago Bulls @ Miami Heat

Unfortunately, I think the Heat are going to destroy the Bulls in game 3. Wade and LeBron will go off, Bosh will play better, and one of their role players will have a huge game. I do expect Rose to play better, but that doesn't really matter when the other team has 3 of the 4 best players in a series.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #47
ODEN>DURANT
Local High School Star

No one is giving the Bulls a chance, but they are far too deep for the Heat. They will out hustle and out rebound the Heat. They are the best defensive team in the NBA and they have the best record in the NBA for a reason. They have a far better bench than Miami.

For Miami Heat to win, LeBron and Wade have to have GREAT efficient nights. I think they'll get shut down a bit more in Game 3 and the Bulls will win a tough one.

Bulls 87-84 Heat

--- I think Heat will fight back with LeBron and Wade pulling some clutch shots out of there arse in Game 4 ... but they won't be winning a 7 game series over the Bulls THIS season.
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #48
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT
No one is giving the Bulls a chance, but they are far too deep for the Heat. They will out hustle and out rebound the Heat. They are the best defensive team in the NBA and they have the best record in the NBA for a reason. They have a far better bench than Miami.

Everything you mentioned means nothing when Bulls can't score to save their lives. For the record, Miami outrebounded Bulls by 4 in game 2. No reason why this doesn't happen again. You point to Lebron/Wade needing to play great all the time and Rose doesn't? their offense is very poor for a contender and if they don't rebound great they have no realistic shot to win the series. 2nd chance points is huge for them.

If Bulls win the rebounding battle by a lot and get a lot of 2nd chance points they likely win. Don't see how the Bulls win if the Heat compete on the boards.

Last edited by King Lebron LBJ : 05-22-2011 at 09:44 AM.
King Lebron LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #49
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
Everything you mentioned means nothing when Bulls can't score to save their lives. For the record, Miami outrebounded Bulls by 4 in game 2. No reason why this doesn't happen again. You point to Lebron/Wade needing to play great all the time and Rose doesn't? their offense is very poor for a contender and if they don't rebound great they have no realistic shot to win the series. 2nd chance points is huge for them.

If Bulls win the rebounding battle by a lot and get a lot of 2nd chance points they likely win. Don't see how the Bulls win if the Heat compete on the boards.

just so it's clear, that rebound edge for MIA in game 2 was mostly because of the Bulls going 28-82 fg, 3-20 3pt, and 16-26 from the line.

Guess what? They aren't gonna shoot that bad the rest of the series. No matter what you think about Chicago's offense, they are much better than a 34% fg shooting team, and they won't miss that many FT's again.

Bulls 97
Heat 93
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #50
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
just so it's clear, that rebound edge for MIA in game 2 was mostly because of the Bulls going 28-82 fg, 3-20 3pt, and 16-26 from the line.

Guess what? They aren't gonna shoot that bad the rest of the series. No matter what you think about Chicago's offense, they are much better than a 34% fg shooting team, and they won't miss that many FT's again.

Bulls 97
Heat 93

Bulls get alot of their points by out rebounding teams on the offensive boards. If they get out rebounded they are going to lose the game, unless rose has one of those games that he's efficient. It's the same reason why they get alot of FG attempts. Miami understands this, and i know they will try to give them one shot at the rim, no 2nd chance points from offensive rebounding..

You must be crazy to think your team shoots high FG% on the 1st shot attempt. They've been out rebounding teams by 5 RPG. Look at naoh's rebounds, he can have 12 rebounds but 8 of them will be offensive rebounds,he either scores on 4 of those rebounds or he'll secure it and move the ball around and rose/bogans/deng/korver will knock down a shot on the second attempt..

But i hope miami was watching last nights game to know that they can't come out sloppy like how okc did. We need this game.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #51
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
Bulls get alot of their points by out rebounding teams on the offensive boards. If they get out rebounded they are going to lose the game, unless rose has one of those games that he's efficient. It's the same reason why they get alot of FG attempts. Miami understands this, and i know they will try to give them one shot at the rim, no 2nd chance points from offensive rebounding..

You must be crazy to think your team shoots high FG% on the 1st shot attempt. They've been out rebounding teams by 5 RPG. Look at naoh's rebounds, he can have 12 rebounds but 8 of them will be offensive rebounds,he either scores on 4 of those rebounds or he'll secure it and move the ball around and rose/bogans/deng/korver will knock down a shot on the second attempt..

But i hope miami was watching last nights game to know that they can't come out sloppy like how okc did. We need this game.
Ashbelly, if u were gonna make a new account, why would u call urself “Theoo’s Daddy"
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #52
(e)
MJ of ISH

Bulls haven't lost back to back games since early Feb.

If we can get some offensive production tonight, I say we take it. Need to do better at finishing around the rim too, or at least forcing the contact to get to the line.

I'd like Booz to step up and have 1 dominate game.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #53
Heat007
Unguardable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT
No one is giving the Bulls a chance,

and rightfully so.

Quote:
but they are far too deep for the Heat..

That's nonsense. The Bullshit bulls bench is overrated. Their bench looks better than it is because 40% of their starters are total garbage and should be bench players themselves.

And secondly, this is the playoffs not the regular season. Matchups are more identified, teams go in with new gameplans with far more emphasis and far more purpose. Teams prepare so much differently for a playoff series than than they do for a regular season game it's mingboggling.

Case in point... The Heat put in a lineup of:

Wade
Miller
LeBron
Haslem
Bosh

were in for quite awhile in the last game, and when that lineup was in the Heat dominated the boards. The Bulls only got 1 offensive rebound during the 14 minutes that lineup was on the floor. And the Heat got more offensive rebounds than they did.

All 5 of those guys are near the top of the league for rebounds per minute for their positions. Miller is Top 5 in the league at his position for "rebound per minute" rate and is an excellent rebounder. Notice that James Jones only saw 2 minutes in the last matchup instead of his usual 24 minutes against the bullshit bulls because he's an awful AWFUL rebounder.

LeBron is a fantastic rebounder, and when he augments his game to crash the boards and run to the painted area instead of hanging around further out, he's a force on the boards.

Same for Wade. Wade is one of the best rebounding guards in the league and wins so many boards in the paint in traffic against bigger men (averaging 8 boards for the playoffs and had 9 in game 2). Wade is a beast rebounder for his size.. he plays like a 6'8 guy in getting boards when he's committed to it.

Then you have Haslem who is Top 6 in the NBA for all powerforwards in rebound rate.

And Bosh will get you 10 boards a game.

So, when that lineup is on the floor, the ONLY area where the Bulls have a distinct advantage for rebounding is at the center position.. THAT's IT !! Every other position on the floor the Heat have the advantage

Wade >>>> any Bulls guard for rebounding - and Wade is fantastic in the paint fighting for rebounds against bigger men

Miller >>>> any Bulls guard or SF for rebounding - and Miller is excellent under the basket for rebounding against bigger men.

LeBron >>> Deng or any Bulls guard for rebounding - and LeBron is fantastic at fighting for rebounds by the basket if the gameplan calls for that

Bosh + Haslem >>> Boozer + Gibson (Haslem totally owned Gibson the other night, and if I'm Spo I get Haslem off the bench the minute Gibson goes in to beat down on Gibson)

So really, the only position the Bulls have a clearcut advantage in rebounding is the center position. And I'm sorry, but Noah isn't going to win for you alone when the Heat are committed to the rebounding department by crashing the boards.

We saw this against the Lakers in the last meetings. Bynum was playing EXCELLENT after the all star break and the Lakers won a ton of games in a row and killing teams on the boards with the frontcourt of Bynum/Gasol/Odom and really using their length.

But guess what, the Heat players crashed the boards in that game sending 1 or 2 extra people to the paint area every time, and the Heat beat the Lakers in the rebounding battle 51-39 with all the great rebounders we have on our team (aside from the center position)

And that's how you beat the Bulls. The Bulls are a very mediocre team unless they win the rebounding battle. In games this year when teams are close to them in rebounding, the Bulls are a below .500 team... and that's crap and proves they are just average unless they have a good rebounding disparity on their side.

that's because the Bulls are not a talented team and they rely on 2nd chance points on offense via their rebounding, and they limit 2nd chance points for the other team with their defensive rebounding.. Their rebounding is the MVP, not Derrick fvckin Rose. Because in Rose's 15 worst games this year the Bulls have about the same record as Rose's best 15 games. It is THEIR rebounding why they win or lose games.

But the Heat have the guys to take that edge and disparity away. The Heat were 3rd in rebounding rate in the NBSA this year for a very good reason. And that was without Udonis Haslem for 80% of the season.

The overrated Bullshit Bulls are toast..
Heat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #54
emaugust
I airball my layups

Heat007, your tears will taste the best of all.
emaugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #55
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Insidehoops.com.....

"Where no one reads anything Heat007 posts happens"

In fact worst poster on the site now that you're boy toys are banned.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #56
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaugust
Heat007, your tears will taste the best of all.

The only reason I hesitate to agree is because I know bandwagon MIA "fans" aren't real fans, and at the end of the day just move on to the next bandwagon. It's a sad cycle but also humerous.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #57
ChandlerParsons
38th pick to Rockets!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat007
and rightfully so.

That's nonsense. The Bullshit bulls bench is overrated. Their bench looks better than it is because 40% of their starters are total garbage and should be bench players themselves.

And secondly, this is the playoffs not the regular season. Matchups are more identified, teams go in with new gameplans with far more emphasis and far more purpose. Teams prepare so much differently for a playoff series than than they do for a regular season game it's mingboggling.

Case in point... The Heat put in a lineup of:

Wade
Miller
LeBron
Haslem
Bosh

were in for quite awhile in the last game, and when that lineup was in the Heat dominated the boards. The Bulls only got 1 offensive rebound during the 14 minutes that lineup was on the floor. And the Heat got more offensive rebounds than they did.

All 5 of those guys are near the top of the league for rebounds per minute for their positions. Miller is Top 5 in the league at his position for "rebound per minute" rate and is an excellent rebounder. Notice that James Jones only saw 2 minutes in the last matchup instead of his usual 24 minutes against the bullshit bulls because he's an awful AWFUL rebounder.

LeBron is a fantastic rebounder, and when he augments his game to crash the boards and run to the painted area instead of hanging around further out, he's a force on the boards.

Same for Wade. Wade is one of the best rebounding guards in the league and wins so many boards in the paint in traffic against bigger men (averaging 8 boards for the playoffs and had 9 in game 2). Wade is a beast rebounder for his size.. he plays like a 6'8 guy in getting boards when he's committed to it.

Then you have Haslem who is Top 6 in the NBA for all powerforwards in rebound rate.

And Bosh will get you 10 boards a game.

So, when that lineup is on the floor, the ONLY area where the Bulls have a distinct advantage for rebounding is at the center position.. THAT's IT !! Every other position on the floor the Heat have the advantage

Wade >>>> any Bulls guard for rebounding - and Wade is fantastic in the paint fighting for rebounds against bigger men

Miller >>>> any Bulls guard or SF for rebounding - and Miller is excellent under the basket for rebounding against bigger men.

LeBron >>> Deng or any Bulls guard for rebounding - and LeBron is fantastic at fighting for rebounds by the basket if the gameplan calls for that

Bosh + Haslem >>> Boozer + Gibson (Haslem totally owned Gibson the other night, and if I'm Spo I get Haslem off the bench the minute Gibson goes in to beat down on Gibson)

So really, the only position the Bulls have a clearcut advantage in rebounding is the center position. And I'm sorry, but Noah isn't going to win for you alone when the Heat are committed to the rebounding department by crashing the boards.

We saw this against the Lakers in the last meetings. Bynum was playing EXCELLENT after the all star break and the Lakers won a ton of games in a row and killing teams on the boards with the frontcourt of Bynum/Gasol/Odom and really using their length.

But guess what, the Heat players crashed the boards in that game sending 1 or 2 extra people to the paint area every time, and the Heat beat the Lakers in the rebounding battle 51-39 with all the great rebounders we have on our team (aside from the center position)

And that's how you beat the Bulls. The Bulls are a very mediocre team unless they win the rebounding battle. In games this year when teams are close to them in rebounding, the Bulls are a below .500 team... and that's crap and proves they are just average unless they have a good rebounding disparity on their side.

that's because the Bulls are not a talented team and they rely on 2nd chance points on offense via their rebounding, and they limit 2nd chance points for the other team with their defensive rebounding.. Their rebounding is the MVP, not Derrick fvckin Rose. Because in Rose's 15 worst games this year the Bulls have about the same record as Rose's best 15 games. It is THEIR rebounding why they win or lose games.

But the Heat have the guys to take that edge and disparity away. The Heat were 3rd in rebounding rate in the NBSA this year for a very good reason. And that was without Udonis Haslem for 80% of the season.

The overrated Bullshit Bulls are toast..
Every time you ****ing post it is a ****ing novel.
ChandlerParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #58
ChandlerParsons
38th pick to Rockets!!

I forgot 2 things, imagine if Derrick Rose went to the heat instead of Beasley.

And that Mario Chalmers and Derrick Rose are going to fight cause Rose mad he lost in the NCAA
ChandlerParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #59
ThaSwagg3r

I'm glad most idiots are picking the Heat, so now I know for a fact that the Bulls are going to win tonight.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #60
Ruutu
High school junior varsity star

Its gonna be close game but the Heat are gonna win this! Rose gonna be on fire tho!
Lebron is gonna be good too, his last 10 winning points gave him confidence!
Ruutu is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: