Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 05-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #61
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: May 22, ECF Game 3 Chicago Bulls @ Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
I'm glad most idiots are picking the Heat, so now I know for a fact that the Bulls are going to win tonight.

Why do U have a Bosh Avatar if Your a Bulls fan ? Anyway picking the Heat is not an idiotic Move since they they are the better team and will win the series..
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #62
Clutch
NBA Legend

I don't think Bulls can win in Miami.
My opinion is that the Heat will go back to Chicago with a 3-1 lead.
Bulls will win that one but lose once again in Miami and the Heat will win the series 4-2.

That's my prediction.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #63
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

For me, it's the team that gets more production from the bench that wins this game. If the Heat can stop Gibson and get contribution from Chalmers, Miller and Haslem then they have the best chance of winning this. I really hope Miller starts contributing and hitting that 3 pointer.
EnoughSaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #64
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I don't think Bulls can win in Miami.
My opinion is that the Heat will go back to Chicago with a 3-1 lead.
Bulls will win that one but lose once again in Miami and the Heat will win the series 4-2.

That's my prediction.

Heat are 6-0 at home this postseason. They beat the Sixers in games 1,2 and 5. They beat the Celtics in games 1,2 and 5. This is the first time that they are tied going into a home game. If the Heat win tonight, then I do not see the Bulls winning this series.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #65
the_future02
Jesus of SE Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat007
and rightfully so.

That's nonsense. The Bullshit bulls bench is overrated. Their bench looks better than it is because 40% of their starters are total garbage and should be bench players themselves.

And secondly, this is the playoffs not the regular season. Matchups are more identified, teams go in with new gameplans with far more emphasis and far more purpose. Teams prepare so much differently for a playoff series than than they do for a regular season game it's mingboggling.

Case in point... The Heat put in a lineup of:

Wade
Miller
LeBron
Haslem
Bosh

were in for quite awhile in the last game, and when that lineup was in the Heat dominated the boards. The Bulls only got 1 offensive rebound during the 14 minutes that lineup was on the floor. And the Heat got more offensive rebounds than they did.

All 5 of those guys are near the top of the league for rebounds per minute for their positions. Miller is Top 5 in the league at his position for "rebound per minute" rate and is an excellent rebounder. Notice that James Jones only saw 2 minutes in the last matchup instead of his usual 24 minutes against the bullshit bulls because he's an awful AWFUL rebounder.

LeBron is a fantastic rebounder, and when he augments his game to crash the boards and run to the painted area instead of hanging around further out, he's a force on the boards.

Same for Wade. Wade is one of the best rebounding guards in the league and wins so many boards in the paint in traffic against bigger men (averaging 8 boards for the playoffs and had 9 in game 2). Wade is a beast rebounder for his size.. he plays like a 6'8 guy in getting boards when he's committed to it.

Then you have Haslem who is Top 6 in the NBA for all powerforwards in rebound rate.

And Bosh will get you 10 boards a game.

So, when that lineup is on the floor, the ONLY area where the Bulls have a distinct advantage for rebounding is at the center position.. THAT's IT !! Every other position on the floor the Heat have the advantage

Wade >>>> any Bulls guard for rebounding - and Wade is fantastic in the paint fighting for rebounds against bigger men

Miller >>>> any Bulls guard or SF for rebounding - and Miller is excellent under the basket for rebounding against bigger men.

LeBron >>> Deng or any Bulls guard for rebounding - and LeBron is fantastic at fighting for rebounds by the basket if the gameplan calls for that

Bosh + Haslem >>> Boozer + Gibson (Haslem totally owned Gibson the other night, and if I'm Spo I get Haslem off the bench the minute Gibson goes in to beat down on Gibson)

So really, the only position the Bulls have a clearcut advantage in rebounding is the center position. And I'm sorry, but Noah isn't going to win for you alone when the Heat are committed to the rebounding department by crashing the boards.

We saw this against the Lakers in the last meetings. Bynum was playing EXCELLENT after the all star break and the Lakers won a ton of games in a row and killing teams on the boards with the frontcourt of Bynum/Gasol/Odom and really using their length.

But guess what, the Heat players crashed the boards in that game sending 1 or 2 extra people to the paint area every time, and the Heat beat the Lakers in the rebounding battle 51-39 with all the great rebounders we have on our team (aside from the center position)

And that's how you beat the Bulls. The Bulls are a very mediocre team unless they win the rebounding battle. In games this year when teams are close to them in rebounding, the Bulls are a below .500 team... and that's crap and proves they are just average unless they have a good rebounding disparity on their side.

that's because the Bulls are not a talented team and they rely on 2nd chance points on offense via their rebounding, and they limit 2nd chance points for the other team with their defensive rebounding.. Their rebounding is the MVP, not Derrick fvckin Rose. Because in Rose's 15 worst games this year the Bulls have about the same record as Rose's best 15 games. It is THEIR rebounding why they win or lose games.

But the Heat have the guys to take that edge and disparity away. The Heat were 3rd in rebounding rate in the NBSA this year for a very good reason. And that was without Udonis Haslem for 80% of the season.

The overrated Bullshit Bulls are toast..

Give this nicca the Pulitzer Award. He shittin on Bulls as basketball team, an organization, and as fans
the_future02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #66
ThaSwagg3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Heat are 6-0 at home this postseason. They beat the Sixers in games 1,2 and 5. They beat the Celtics in games 1,2 and 5. This is the first time that they are tied going into a home game. If the Heat win tonight, then I do not see the Bulls winning this series.
And the Bulls haven't lost two in a row since February. The Bulls are 2-0 in Game 3s this post-season. These stats mean nothing.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #67
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
And the Bulls haven't lost two in a row since February. The Bulls are 2-0 in Game 3s this post-season. These stats mean nothing.

Well Bulls Need to win one of these next two to have chance to win Series IMO..Common Sense would say tonight would be there best chance cause I think if the Heat beat them tonight they will smell Blood to make sure they get the next one as well. These next two games could be what determines Series either way..If it goes back to Chi tied at 2 with three gms left and 2 in Chi than Bulls have a good chance but down 3-1 series ends in 5 or 6..
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #68
BrilliantLegacy

The Heat will win this one. And if they do, the series could be over for the Bulls. For this game, the Heat need to shut down D-Rose like the previous game, and hope he would miss those easy shots again. I can only see the Bulls win this one if Boozer and Korver step up. Rose alone can not beat the Heat.
BrilliantLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #69
ChandlerParsons
38th pick to Rockets!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrilliantLegacy
The Heat will win this one. And if they do, the series could be over for the Bulls. For this game, the Heat need to shut down D-Rose like the previous game, and hope he would miss those easy shots again. I can only see the Bulls win this one if Boozer and Korver step up. Rose alone can not beat the Heat.
Bbbbuuutt bulls haven't lost 2 in a row in forevers
ChandlerParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #70
comerb
National High School Star

The Bulls have been getting outplayed offensively, and have been limping by on a huge effort on the glass by their bigs.

Miami should have Haslem back in full rotation(and he's an great rebounder), and the Miami crowd should be pumped for that. I don't see Chicago's energy being as high outside of Chicago. And it was their energy level that was keeping them in games.

Unless Rose blows it up shooting from the perimeter in Miami, I don't see them winning a game there.

Last edited by comerb : 05-22-2011 at 05:53 PM.
comerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #71
bingo123
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
just so it's clear, that rebound edge for MIA in game 2 was mostly because of the Bulls going 28-82 fg, 3-20 3pt, and 16-26 from the line.

Guess what? They aren't gonna shoot that bad the rest of the series. No matter what you think about Chicago's offense, they are much better than a 34% fg shooting team, and they won't miss that many FT's again.

Bulls 97
Heat 93

If Miami protects the glass and take care of defensive rebounds, Chicago has minimum chance of winning another game. In game 1 they were hiting those 2nd chances like crazy (as i remember they had 32pts on 19 off reb?) and if they wouldnt get all those open looks at 2nd chances their fg% would be around 35-38%. So yes you can expect they will shoot under 40% and it wont be enough (if they wont totaly dominate under Heat basket).

Bulls 83
Heat 91

Last edited by bingo123 : 05-22-2011 at 06:34 PM.
bingo123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #72
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #73
TylerOO
Wake me up in June

Heat blow them out.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #74
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo123
If Miami protects the glass and take care of defensive rebounds, Chicago has minimum chance of winning another game. In game 1 they were hiting those 2nd chances like crazy (as i remember they had 32pts on 19 off reb?) and if they wouldnt get all those open looks at 2nd chances their fg% would be around 35-38%. So yes you can expect they will shoot under 40% and it wont be enough (if they wont totaly dominate under Heat basket).

Bulls 83
Heat 91

Game 1 was just the Bulls' night. EVERYTHING was falling. Throw up 3 by Watson? Lucky 3 point shot by Deng? Asik layups?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #75
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Game 1 was just the Bulls' night. EVERYTHING was falling. Throw up 3 by Watson? Lucky 3 point shot by Deng? Asik layups?
The Bulls just have to win the rebounds, and play defense. They won't hit that many threes. But the right people will hit them, instead of randomly having Watson hit a throw up 3.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: