Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default The Official 2011 NBA Draft Thread

So draft is near and we actually have a 1st round pick this year! We need some defensive plays to plug next to Melo and Mare but ofcourse D'Antoni doesn't want any Defense. A PG or a big will do for me.

Players who might be available for the Knicks selection that are good picks imo
Donatas Motiejunas
Jimmer Fredette
Bismack Biyombo
Markieff Morris

I wouldn't be mad with either of the players. Donatas Motiejunas is a big with tons of potential and is more close to AB than Dirk but still a solid player. He has size and potential and his shooting ability will help spread the floor, if he's available at 17 he's the biggest steal of the draft. Don't forget he was a top 5 talent last year not to mention he's a better option at center than Shawne Williams.

Jimmer Fredette could be a great 6th man for us and give us another option at the point. He's not a bad defensive player and his shooting ability will help spread the floor, he's also pretty athletic as well and is from NY.

Biyombo would be the defensive enforce in the paint. I don't know much about him but I've heard he's a poor mans big ben. All he needs to do his play defense and rebound. He could be a ben wallace or the next Desanga Diop. He seems extremely raw

Morris seems like that all around player. He can be a player who gets minutes right away for us but I don't think he has much upside. Might be a 10/6 type of player, next Taj Gibson?

Hopefully we get some real talent in this draft and hopefully we buy another 1st round pick possibly from Chicago and get another player.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2011 NBA draft

What do people have with Jimmer? Haven't people learned anything from recent draft busts?

Mainly white, undersized, college tweener guards who can't play a lick of defense?
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
What do people have with Jimmer? Haven't people learned anything from recent draft busts?

Mainly white, undersized, college tweener guards who can't play a lick of defense?

Please.. Fridette is a top 10 talent in this draft.. His defense isn't that bad and he'd focus more on defense as he won't be needed to drop 30 plus a night.

Just look at his stats, he has done nothing short but dominate college basketball. Stop being such a cvnt
Old 05-21-2011, 04:28 AM   #4
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Please.. Fridette is a top 10 talent in this draft.. His defense isn't that bad and he'd focus more on defense as he won't be needed to drop 30 plus a night.

Just look at his stats, he has done nothing short but dominate college basketball. Stop being such a cvnt
Many people who dominated college basketball turned out to be busts.

So I agree with him.Just because he is the best scorer in college it doesn't mean he will be that in the NBA.Just look how many top10 picks turned out to be busts and you will see our point.
I don't watch NCAA so I haven't seen any of these guys play,but I know that college isn't the NBA.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:18 AM   #5
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Redick and Morrison say 'hi'.

Also, this talent is weak as fck. Being a Top 10 talent means nothing.
And sometimes talent doesn't bring over to the NBA, or maybe you haven't heard of busts?
Old 05-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Redick and Morrison say 'hi'.

Also, this talent is weak as fck. Being a Top 10 talent means nothing.
And sometimes talent doesn't bring over to the NBA, or maybe you haven't heard of busts?
But Adam Morrison has 2 rings.
That's 2 more than Carmelo and Amare combined
That's also 2 more than LeBrick

I will try to be serious for a moment so - I agree with you.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #7
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Look, I understand why people love Jimmer so much. He's your March Madness feel good story, but those guys haven't shown to be successfull in the League.

Maybe he will turn out the next Stephen Curry. I hated that kid when he came out of Davidson and didn't want the Knicks to pick him. Boy was I wrong about that one.

I may be wrong, but I doubt it.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #8
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Look, I understand why people love Jimmer so much. He's your March Madness feel good story, but those guys haven't shown to be successfull in the League.

Maybe he will turn out the next Stephen Curry. I hated that kid when he came out of Davidson and didn't want the Knicks to pick him. Boy was I wrong about that one.

I may be wrong, but I doubt it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tM_1j8IW3w
Old 05-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i hope walsh buys another pick
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #10
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
i hope walsh buys another pick
Me too.

He got enough money with that 49% ticket price raise to buy zillion picks
Old 05-22-2011, 10:48 PM   #11
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im more interested in the guys who are going in the 2nd Round/Undrafted this year.

I watch a lot of college basketball and I realize that some players at the college level dont get much credit when it comes to draft time due to a perceived lack of upside along with concerns over non-elite measurables.

Donnie rolled the dice on 3 college seniors last year and got 1 right. I criticized those picks as I felt we should've went for the high upside talent in Lance Stephenson among others.

Since we dont have the 2nd Round Picks as of now, it looks like we'll be scooping up undrafted guys.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #12
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

walsh can buy 2nd round picks like buying candy, and the 2nd round is all we have going for us in replenishing our bench.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #13
bluechox2
#knickstape

enes kanter looks promising, but im never sold on international prospects, but a 6,11 pf to play center might help out our front line and he seems to be the only legit big comming out of the draft. dont know what it wud take to trade up for drafting him.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #14
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
enes kanter looks promising, but im never sold on international prospects, but a 6,11 pf to play center might help out our front line and he seems to be the only legit big comming out of the draft. dont know what it wud take to trade up for drafting him.

He's going to be a top 5 pick most likely.. We'd have to give up Douglas, Fields, 1st round pick, cash, etc.. It's not going to happen.

We need to find the 2011 version of Asik in this draft in the later picks or we should look to trade for a big..
Old 05-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #15
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He's going to be a top 5 pick most likely.. We'd have to give up Douglas, Fields, 1st round pick, cash, etc.. It's not going to happen.

We need to find the 2011 version of Asik in this draft in the later picks or we should look to trade for a big..

Agreed.

Some have suggested Vucevic as a target to look at in Round 2.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: