Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #16
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2011 NBA draft

I would really like us to buy a 2nd rounder.Theres not much overwhleming talent in the draft 1st round wise but there may be some hidden gems in that 2nd round. I'll roll off a few from the top of my head

Keith Benson
David Lighty
JaJuan Johnson (may go late 1st)
Vernon Macklin
Charles Jenkins
Marshon Brooks
Norris Cole
Terrence Jennings
Dallas Lauderdale
Carleton Scott
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #17
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^

Someone mentioned Nolan Smith on this board, I think that would be a fantastic pick. He's projected in the early second round at nbadraft.net. If we can buy/trade for some picks he'd be on my list to get.

He's from Duke so you know he's going to be polished, he has proved he can play the PG position, he's extremely smart and will play defense. He won't be a superstar but he can play solid minutes. He might have the same impact Chris Duhon had in this league although they play different, simillar situations though.

I would like a potential player as well. That guy Mirotic looks like he has a great jumpshot for a player his size, Danotni might just turn him into a pretty damn good role player not to mention he can stretch the floor as it's vital to surround our big 2 with shooting. He's probably the next Vladimir Radmonvic

We don't need a star just a solid role player and a 2011 draft version of Landry Fields.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #18
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can't wait for June 23.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #19
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Normally I'm totally against Duke players but I agree about Nolan Smith.Duke players historically underachieve in the NBA but theres something about him that I really like.He has more heart and toughness than most Duke players.I certainly wouldnt use our #1 on him but if we bought a 2nd rounder,I'd be cool with getting him.There are other guys I'd rather have even in the 2nd round,but I'd be ok with drafting Nolan Smith 2nd round.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:51 AM   #20
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Draft Keith Benson and feed him steaks. Lots of steaks. With sides of mashed potatoes, bacon, and microwave macaroni. Then have him go straight to sleep. Repeat for months.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:18 AM   #21
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

we should buy a early 2nd rounder and draft benson and selby with our first
or we could trade up using billups contract
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #22
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I wouldnt draft Selby with my 1st.He MAY turn out to be good but he did absolutely nothing in college.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #23
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

we need to get the best pg available., hardly any decent bigs to draft at 17,
shuld mle a big in offseason, whenever that maybe

team needs based on this draft:
1. pg
2. sg
3. big
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #24
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I wouldnt draft Selby with my 1st.He MAY turn out to be good but he did absolutely nothing in college.

we could also draft darius morris he is pretty decent
Old 05-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #25
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

pass.He's a decent passer but I honestly am not all thta impressed with him. Honestly,if we're not going to draft a big and none of the other top pg's are left,I wouldnt mind drafting Jimmer.I saw his Draft combine workout.He's more athletic than ppl say.The reports were true.Not vertically but speed wise.He crossed fire outta this one dude on a fast break lol.I'd rather him than alotta players we're rumored to be focused on.I think we're gonna end up taking Faried though...Which isn't all that bad.Sure,he played @ Morehead St but he is the all time leader in rebounds in Div 1 HISTORY! Im not a fan of his but that's gotta stand for something.Plus he had a really impressive combine
Old 05-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #26
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Normally I'm totally against Duke players but I agree about Nolan Smith.Duke players historically underachieve in the NBA but theres something about him that I really like.He has more heart and toughness than most Duke players.I certainly wouldnt use our #1 on him but if we bought a 2nd rounder,I'd be cool with getting him.There are other guys I'd rather have even in the 2nd round,but I'd be ok with drafting Nolan Smith 2nd round.

Well most Duke guards come with the tag of having heart & being tough. Floor slapping is very intimidating.

Anyways my only concern about Nolan is that he isnt exactly a PG and he never seemed such a great scorer where he can make it as an undersized SG. With 4 years in college, Coach K never let him really play PG until his Junior year but that was in a PG by committee setting. He handled those duties as a Senior, but wasnt overly impressive as a floor general. Coach K is a master of gearing offenses to suit the strengths of his wing players, which is something you have to take into account for Nolan's production.

Nolan is the type of Guard who gets into the league and a coaching staff figures out he isnt a PG in training camp. Then the seniority of playing in college for 4 years becomes a negative as a team sees his upside as limited.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #27
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
pass.He's a decent passer but I honestly am not all thta impressed with him. Honestly,if we're not going to draft a big and none of the other top pg's are left,I wouldnt mind drafting Jimmer.I saw his Draft combine workout.He's more athletic than ppl say.The reports were true.Not vertically but speed wise.He crossed fire outta this one dude on a fast break lol.I'd rather him than alotta players we're rumored to be focused on.I think we're gonna end up taking Faried though...Which isn't all that bad.Sure,he played @ Morehead St but he is the all time leader in rebounds in Div 1 HISTORY! Im not a fan of his but that's gotta stand for something.Plus he had a really impressive combine

I'd be shocked if Jimmer was there at #17. That means Utah & Indiana passed on him. I like his game and think he can be a quality PG in the NBA as shooting makes him extremely valuable and employed. He makes Douglas expendable as a backup PG, but he isnt as good of a defender as Douglas.

I wouldnt touch Faried. He is a great rebounder, but how far can being a hustle player get you with no offensive game? You can get by when you're a Center but as an undersized PF you cant be getting the Rondo treatment. I dont understand the Rodman comparisons espescially when ignoring Rodman was a greater defender than he was a rebounder.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #28
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I agree with ur assessment of Faried.My only reasoning behind being ok with it is the fact that the one thing he does really well,is really all we need him to do.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:08 AM   #29
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

We got plenty of holes to fill. Draft the best player regardless of position and plug a hole with him
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #30
blablabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
I'd be shocked if Jimmer was there at #17. That means Utah & Indiana passed on him. I like his game and think he can be a quality PG in the NBA as shooting makes him extremely valuable and employed. He makes Douglas expendable as a backup PG, but he isnt as good of a defender as Douglas.

I wouldnt touch Faried. He is a great rebounder, but how far can being a hustle player get you with no offensive game? You can get by when you're a Center but as an undersized PF you cant be getting the Rondo treatment. I dont understand the Rodman comparisons espescially when ignoring Rodman was a greater defender than he was a rebounder.
farieds offensive game isn' that bad
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: