Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #31
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2011 NBA draft

farried might become a david lee 2.0 if he works at it
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #32
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
We got plenty of holes to fill. Draft the best player regardless of position and plug a hole with him

Agreed.Everyone keeps talkin about a big man but we also need a PG for the future, a backup PG,scoring off the bench, and I'm not sure if Landry will be a long term option @ SG.Hopefully someone slips.I've studied quite a few mock drafts this year.Maybe about 13 reputable ones in total.I've noticed on each one that theres @ least one player who's been projected high or talked about that mysteriously slipped.On most boards its the Morris twins but on David Aldridge's board,he had Kemba slipping all the way to 21,which was strange because he actually measured to be taller than expected (6'1 3/4"-6' 2" in sneakers).I highly doubt that he makes it past the lottery.In fact I doubt he makes it past 9.If somehow he slips,no way can we pass him up!Another guy who slipped on a few boards,despite a pretty good combine,is Jordan Hamilton.I really like his game.Of course it would create competition @ SG but I'm cool with that.Knickscity can we get a draft sticky?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #33
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Agreed.Everyone keeps talkin about a big man but we also need a PG for the future, a backup PG,scoring off the bench, and I'm not sure if Landry will be a long term option @ SG.Hopefully someone slips.I've studied quite a few mock drafts this year.Maybe about 13 reputable ones in total.I've noticed on each one that theres @ least one player who's been projected high or talked about that mysteriously slipped.On most boards its the Morris twins but on David Aldridge's board,he had Kemba slipping all the way to 21,which was strange because he actually measured to be taller than expected (6'1 3/4"-6' 2" in sneakers).I highly doubt that he makes it past the lottery.In fact I doubt he makes it past 9.If somehow he slips,no way can we pass him up!Another guy who slipped on a few boards,despite a pretty good combine,is Jordan Hamilton.I really like his game.Of course it would create competition @ SG but I'm cool with that.Knickscity can we get a draft sticky?

Kemba will not be available, definitely not. Of course if he's available it's not even debatable. We could move Toney Douglas if we draft him. One of the Morris twins would be a very good pick for us. I like that.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #34
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Kemba will not be available, definitely not. Of course if he's available it's not even debatable. We could move Toney Douglas if we draft him. One of the Morris twins would be a very good pick for us. I like that.
I agree, if Kemba falls all the way to us, we gotta take him.

Thread's a sticky now guys.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #35
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

No way Kemba falls out of the top 10. Three names that I'd watch are: Dontas Motiejunas, Jonas Valanucias (sp?) and Jimmer Freddete. I'd like to add Bismack Biyombo, but I can't see him getting out of the lottery. But of those 3 names, those are 3 guys that reallyy good but I can see one of them falling to us at 17.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #36
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
No way Kemba falls out of the top 10. Three names that I'd watch are: Dontas Motiejunas, Jonas Valanucias (sp?) and Jimmer Freddete. I'd like to add Bismack Biyombo, but I can't see him getting out of the lottery. But of those 3 names, those are 3 guys that reallyy good but I can see one of them falling to us at 17.

Valanucias isn't getting out of the top 5-8, Motiejunas might slip but I see him going early around 8 or 9, with Freddete there's a good possibility he'll be there at 17 but I don't see how Utah passes on him with their 2nd 1st rounder.

I'd personally go for the Morris kid from Kansas. Seems like a tooled individual who has solid fundamentals and can contribute right away. This is if the usual are picked.

Maybe we should trade up to move in the top 10? This might give us the chance to go after Valanucias, Bimbo or even Kentner. If we can give up our 1st round pick, Douglas and filler I'll do it in a heartbeat.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #37
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Valanucias isn't getting out of the top 5-8, Motiejunas might slip but I see him going early around 8 or 9, with Freddete there's a good possibility he'll be there at 17 but I don't see how Utah passes on him with their 2nd 1st rounder.

I'd personally go for the Morris kid from Kansas. Seems like a tooled individual who has solid fundamentals and can contribute right away. This is if the usual are picked.

Maybe we should trade up to move in the top 10? This might give us the chance to go after Valanucias, Bimbo or even Kentner. If we can give up our 1st round pick, Douglas and filler I'll do it in a heartbeat.

Which Morris kid?
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #38
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Which Morris kid?

Markieff? The one who played PF/C for them. I should have made that clearer.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #39
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Markieff? The one who played PF/C for them. I should have made that clearer.

Markeiff is pretty raw. He reminds me a lot of Jordan Hill.

He had a rapid improvement this past season but he still has some holes in his game. As a defensive presence he never really seemed to asert himself, it seemed like that Robinson kid was the one playing hard.

Last edited by Rowe : 05-28-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #40
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

To be honest, I do think he is going to fall. We might have to move up a few slots to grab him though.

All of the Mock Drafts just slot him in the Top 10 but there is no definitive fit for him on a team like Sacramento, Charlotte, or Toronto. Once he gets to #10, its a long drop to us in terms of teams looking for a PG.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #41
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Official 2011 NBA Draft Thread

What about this guy in the second round ? (if we acquire a second round pick)

He is 7'1,22 years old.

Strengths:
* Great size and length
* Good shooting touch around rim and out to 17 feet
* Very good FT shooter
* Has received solid coaching in both Greece and Slovenia, showing good recent improvement
Weaknesses:
* Lateral quickness
* Lacks experience and knowledge of the game (started playing at 15)
* Perimeter defense, struggles to show vs. on/ball and recover

Reminds me of Mozgov.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #42
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch

He is 7'1,22 years old.

Strengths:
* Great size and length
* Very good FT shooter
* Has received solid coaching in both Greece and Slovenia, showing good recent improvement
Weaknesses:
* Lateral quickness

Reminds me of Mozgov.

Im sold.

Quote:
Cool statistic:
Giorgi took the basketball world by storm after averaging 35.8 points, 16.4 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 3.3 blocks and 2.5 steals in the Georgian first division at the age of 19. According to him, his former agent withdrew his name from the 2008 NBA draft without his awareness. He signed that summer with European powerhouse Panathinaikos.

Quote:
What the Experts Say:
Luka Bassin, Coach - Slovenia, International Scout, NetScouts Basketball
"Big guy from Georgia who slowly, step by step, becoming one of the best European centers. He has unbelievable feeling for blocking shots, can run the floor extremely good for his size. Very good pick/roll player and inventive under the basket. He has nice shooting technique, can shoot from high-post and is very good free-throw shooter. Need to be more aggressive. Made very good move by coming to Ljubljana. I think he is NBA prospect."

Definetly would be a good value option in Round 2. Nobody knew who that Asik guy was and the Bulls picked up a good backup C.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #43
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch

He is 7'1,22 years old.

Strengths:
* Great size and length
* Very good FT shooter
Weaknesses:
* Lateral quickness

Reminds me of Mozgov.

Does sound like Mozgov, which reminds me saying there are quite a few Mozgov's overseas.

But looking at the bold....how is perimeter defense HIS weakness?

If that's all....Donnie get us a second rounder right now.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #44
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Hey you guys NBA.com really stepped it up this year with their listings for all of the available prospects.

I came away confused with this kid Mindaugas Kuzminskas. He has a 2nd round grade, but the scouting report on his game looks pretty good for a spot shooter.

What is it? It looks like Ellen Degeneres.
The only problem:

We don't need another SF.

Big men and guards with playmaking skills and ability to hit an open shot is all we need to be looking at.

BTW does look like Ellen!!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #45
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
The only problem:

We don't need another SF.

Big men and guards with playmaking skills and ability to hit an open shot is all we need to be looking at.

BTW does look like Ellen!!

You can never have enough role players coming off the bench.. Plus it looks like he has a good jumper which can be used.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: