Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation
Default Your basketball attributes (2k11 style)

I got this idea from other OTC Lounge (about your personal attributes tho like health, confidence, etc.) and I thought it would be a fun to do here. I am going by the 2k11 rating system. If you don't know how they rate, then do the best you can (a 60 would be really bad tho, a 75 solid, and a 90 would be really good)... but go by the competition you play against. Kobe's midrange is an 87 I believe and his or Dirk's is the best in the game. Obv. your midrange is not as good as Kobe's, but if it's your strong attribute against your competition then give yourself a good rating like that. In terms of other attributes... Shaq is 99 strength, Kevin Love is 99 Rebound, Steve Nash 99 passing, Wade 99 layup, Shannon Brown is 99 vert (or damn close), Allen is 88 3pointer. So yea those guys are like the best at those... so if you are head and shoulders above your competition, like if you just grab every board... don't be bashful now give yourself a 99

Mine (Feel free to add more too)

Physical

Speed: 79
Strength: 83
Agility:70
Vert: 82
Accelaration: 83 (all of these when healthy and fit)

Mental

Confidence - 72
Toughness - 78
Vision - 87

Offense

Ball handling: 76
Off hand: (off hand dribbling/driving/shooting) 74
Passing: 92
Rebounding: 78
Lay up: 69
Dunk: 0 (lol)
Close shots: 74 (teardrops, runners, etc.)
Mid Range: 85
Mid Range off dribble: 81
3 point: 86
Post Moves: 99 (nobody has better post moves than me at my gym lol)
Post scoring: 87 (but people can't still probably score better than I can down there haha)

Defense

Block: 67
Steal: 72
Perimeter D: 71
Post D: 78
Passing lanes: 85

Have fun
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Your basketball attributes (2k11 style)

Physical

Speed: 75
Strength: 80
Agility: 70
Vertical: 85 (I can jump really high in games)
Acceleration: 85 (I can explode on a fast break but I can't run very fast otherwise)

Mental

Confidence - 80
Toughness - 85
Vision - 76

Offense

Ball handling: 77 (Back in my prime this was like a 90 lol)

Off hand: 65 (Only thing I can do with my left is dribble. I can't do a left handed layup to save my life)

Passing: 75 (I'm not a creative passer as much as I am a willing one)

Rebounding: 89 (I'm a very good rebounder for my size. And I'm tenacious on the boards I go after everything.)

Lay up: 76 (I can do some sexy layups from time to time lol)

Dunk: 0 (Same for me lol. Depends on the height of the hoop. But I can't dunk on a 10ft.....yet)

Close shots: 74

Mid Range: 90 (My specialty)

Mid Range off dribble: 90 (I love pull up jumpers, fadeaways, etc. Kobe is/was my favorite player growing up. Of course I tried to imitate him in my game lol)

3 point: 89 (This was my specialty growing up. In my prime this would be a 95 I had unlimited range and crazy consistency)

Post Moves: 75 (I don't really have any post moves but I can score down there all day)
Post scoring: 95 (This is how I score a lot of times. If my jumper isn't falling my go to move is to post up on the left block. My turnaround jumper is money every time.)

Defense

Block: 70
Steal: 80 (I have quick hands and good eyes for defense)
Perimeter D: 85 (When I want to, I can lock guys up)
Post D: 80 (I'm usually matched up against much larger, taller guys so I'm forced to play post D.)
Passing lanes: 70 (I don't usually play passing lanes)

Last edited by Mr. I'm So Rad : 05-21-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Yea pretty much he only thing I can do effectively on D is play passing lanes cus I'm not that good at anything else... when playing a good player that is. I mean some guys aren't hard to guard because they aren't very good players. I guess the other thing I'm decent at is stripping people when they get close... like just smacking it out of their hands. I gave up trying to block shots when I was injured and playing (cus I couldn't jump), and I don't have length so I think I will just give up on it entirely, stay on the ground, and just use body positioning and wait for them to expose the ball. Maybe I can bump it up to an 80 if I can ever get healthy and practice that until then, I will just consider myself an average at best defender.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
mcrd101
Good High School Starter

mcrd101 has an OK reputation so far

i dont remember what my attributes were but i actually did this, made myself on 2k11 based on the same criteria u stated (before u posted this)

i came out as an 80 overall, which is too high IMO and when i look at individual attributes im not that great in that game yet im an 80. if it was more in the low-mid 70's it'd seem more real.
mcrd101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #5
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrd101
i dont remember what my attributes were but i actually did this, made myself on 2k11 based on the same criteria u stated (before u posted this)

i came out as an 80 overall, which is too high IMO and when i look at individual attributes im not that great in that game yet im an 80. if it was more in the low-mid 70's it'd seem more real.

It just depends on what position you are. If you a SG for instance and you give yourself good athletic stats and shooting stats... then you will have a better rating. I came out to like an 82 as a shooting guard and I can't say that's not accurate based on the gym I play at.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
I got this idea from other OTC Lounge (about your personal attributes tho like health, confidence, etc.) and I thought it would be a fun to do here. I am going by the 2k11 rating system. If you don't know how they rate, then do the best you can (a 60 would be really bad tho, a 75 solid, and a 90 would be really good)... but go by the competition you play against. Kobe's midrange is an 87 I believe and his or Dirk's is the best in the game. Obv. your midrange is not as good as Kobe's, but if it's your strong attribute against your competition then give yourself a good rating like that. In terms of other attributes... Shaq is 99 strength, Kevin Love is 99 Rebound, Steve Nash 99 passing, Wade 99 layup, Shannon Brown is 99 vert (or damn close), Allen is 88 3pointer. So yea those guys are like the best at those... so if you are head and shoulders above your competition, like if you just grab every board... don't be bashful now give yourself a 99

Mine (Feel free to add more too)

Physical

Speed: 79
Strength: 83
Agility:70
Vert: 82
Accelaration: 83 (all of these when healthy and fit)

Mental

Confidence - 72
Toughness - 78
Vision - 87

Offense

Ball handling: 76
Off hand: (off hand dribbling/driving/shooting) 74
Passing: 92
Rebounding: 78
Lay up: 69
Dunk: 0 (lol)
Close shots: 74 (teardrops, runners, etc.)
Mid Range off dribble: 81
3 point: 86
Post Moves: 99 (nobody has better post moves than me at my gym lol)
Post scoring: 87 (but people can't still probably score better than I can down there haha)

Defense

Block: 67
Steal: 72
Perimeter D: 71
Post D: 78
Passing lanes: 85

Have fun

Physical

Speed: 91
Strength: 85
Agility:86
Vert: 80
Accelaration: 80 (all of these when healthy and fit)

Mental

Confidence - 95
Toughness - 99
Vision - 95

Offense

Ball handling: 70
Off hand: (off hand dribbling/driving/shooting) 65
Passing: 85
Rebounding: 90
Lay up: 80
Dunk: 0 :P
Close shots: 70 (teardrops, runners, etc.)
Mid Range off dribble: 70
3 point: 95
Post Moves: 80
Post scoring: 90

Defense

Block: 99 (limited by height though of course, but that doesn't mean the skill itself is low)
Steal: 80
Perimeter D: 99
Post D: 99 (limited by height though, but anyone my height cant do anything)
Passing lanes: 80

Defense is my specialty, so those stats are gonna be good. 3pt too. I can also slash and stuff. I did stats vs normal competition as you said. . .if it was vs NBA players, everything would obviously be a lot lower :X
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When you guys create yourselves on 2K, do you make yourself relative to the NBA player? As in, when you choose your 3 point rating, do you base it off of how well you shoot it from your line in real life and pretend that's how well you'd do from the NBA stripe in an NBA game? Similarly, if you're a solid rebounder amongst your crew of friends, do you make yourself a solid rebounder in 2K?

I do on all fronts, so my rating comes out to something that could hang in the NBA. I assume all you guys would do that same. My question is, what would happen if we rated ourselves with no relativity? Would we all be 35 overalls? Meaning, sure, I averaged 8 rebounds a game in my Class B conference where 6'3'' was not a horrible size for a power forward but clearly I'd be a horrible rebounder in the NBA because I'd be a small guard by comparison. Therefore, going off the 8rpg, I'd be a solid 70 or so. But going off of what it'd really be like, I'm guessing I'd be a 30.

So, do you guys think you have any skills that'd translate to the NBA, where your rating would actually register? I can sleep well at night knowing at least that my dunk rating would transfer, and my speed (I'm not saying they'd be high, I'm just saying they'd register).

Last edited by Rake2204 : 06-02-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:13 AM   #8
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
When you guys create yourselves on 2K, do you make yourself relative to the NBA player? As in, when you choose your 3 point rating, do you base it off of how well you shoot it from your line in real life and pretend that's how well you'd do from the NBA stripe in an NBA game? Similarly, if you're a solid rebounder amongst your crew of friends, do you make yourself a solid rebounder in 2K?

I do on all fronts, so my rating comes out to something that could hang in the NBA. I assume all you guys would do that same. My question is, what would happen if we rated ourselves with no relativity? Would we all be 35 overalls? Meaning, sure, I averaged 8 rebounds a game in my Class B conference where 6'3'' was not a horrible size for a power forward but clearly I'd be a horrible rebounder in the NBA because I'd be a small guard by comparison. Therefore, going off the 8rpg, I'd be a solid 70 or so. But going off of what it'd really be like, I'm guessing I'd be a 30.

So, do you guys think you have any skills that'd translate to the NBA, where your rating would actually register? I can sleep well at night knowing at least that my dunk rating would transfer, and my speed (I'm not saying they'd be high, I'm just saying they'd register).

Yea I do it based on the competition I play against. My gym. If you just play with a small group of friends, that's not really good enough to get an accurate reading especially if they aren't that good. The only thing I could do in the nba as of now is shoot and put it on the floor. I would be like a 6'0 JJ Reddick... which would make me useless in the the NBA : D I'm trying to develop skills for my height that would translate to the NBA though. But I don't have natural elite speed or quickness so it's tough.

So just whatever gym you play at, or league... base it on that. not many guys where I play can shoot as well as I can so I gave myself great ratings for mid range and 3 point percentage. Plenty of guys are way better are driving and finishing tho so I gave myself a below average on that. In the NBA it would be non existent. If I can't finish that well vs. 6 footers how could I finish vs. 7 footers? I'm working on it tho.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Yea I do it based on the competition I play against. My gym. If you just play with a small group of friends, that's not really good enough to get an accurate reading especially if they aren't that good. The only thing I could do in the nba as of now is shoot and put it on the floor. I would be like a 6'0 JJ Reddick... which would make me useless in the the NBA : D I'm trying to develop skills for my height that would translate to the NBA though. But I don't have natural elite speed or quickness so it's tough.

So just whatever gym you play at, or league... base it on that. not many guys where I play can shoot as well as I can so I gave myself great ratings for mid range and 3 point percentage. Plenty of guys are way better are driving and finishing tho so I gave myself a below average on that. In the NBA it would be non existent. If I can't finish that well vs. 6 footers how could I finish vs. 7 footers? I'm working on it tho.
I've thought about creating a team full of guys I play basketball with and rating them true-to-life (which would result in the worst NBA team ever created) just to see how they'd truly stack up against an NBA team (i.e. would they ever score?)
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #10
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i do both, i hav ethe super me that is 5 foot 5 and can dunk, shoot from 60 feet away a great rebounder great stealer and then i have the real me

no outside shot, no mid range shot great hands for steals and cant rebound for shit
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #11
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I've thought about creating a team full of guys I play basketball with and rating them true-to-life (which would result in the worst NBA team ever created) just to see how they'd truly stack up against an NBA team (i.e. would they ever score?)

I made my guys that I play with but I rated them based on my former criteria of how they stack up against similar competition... So they came out with decent/good ratings because none of them are terrible players. I made them that way so I could actually play against other teams tho in the game. My starting lineup was like a 77 PG, 82 SG (Me), 84 SF, 81 PF, 78 C... So they could hold their own. I also added 4 inches to everybody's height in shoes (since they measure people by their height in shoes now anyway. So the lineup really is, 6'2, 6'0, 6'3, 6'4, 6,6... but because I added 4 inches it was 6'6, 6'4, 6'7, 6'8, and 6'10 (I might have made him 6'11 tho just to make him better ha). Anyway it was pretty successful... 2 athletes that could finish, a PF who can shoot 3's, and me to bomb 3's and pull up for midrange shots... I could throw it down too with a 79 vert too lol.

It's great fun. I would recommend it... but give yourself decent ratings if you want to have any fun. I created a 6'0 version of myself too on the Lakers and I remember stuffing it on so many dudes with an afro (which I had at that point) and the announcer going "Bobby Cox!" and Kevin Harlan going "OHHHHH!"
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: