Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #16
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Kyrie Irving body fat more than 10 percent

FAT POWER
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #17
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
you can't teach what irving has in terms of NBA potential
passing on him would be a big mistake

you can always work on conditioning

But in the 2 months since he was deemed healthy enough to play...and heading into the biggest athletic challenge of his life... he obviously hasn't. As a potential employer, that would concern me.

11 games of college experience, with over half of those vs crap opposition.

The next pick & roll...the staple of the NBA... he runs at a highly competitive level will be the first.

Coming off a serious foot injury.

The more I see this play out, the less I like the odds of him being anything special...and I wasn't that sold to begin with.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #18
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you know who also has 10+ body fat, Derrick Williams with 10.8...

Edit: oh god! PleezeBelieve made a similar point, i must be going crazy

Last edited by Black Joker : 05-21-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #19
OmniStrife
Suns to rise again!

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Glen davis has 10% fat. In his ears.
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #20
sirkeelma
Local High School Star

sirkeelma is popular on this boardsirkeelma is popular on this boardsirkeelma is popular on this boardsirkeelma is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise#3
FAT POWER
RIP Robert Traylor.
sirkeelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:38 AM   #21
Hondo
Go CELTICS!

Hondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
And he's still fast as hell. When he sheds that he'll be even faster. Shouldn't be a problem. At 19, I could eat five guys everyday and still be able to lose weight. I miss those days.

Not hating on you, it's okay to be gay.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #22
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
What is Shaq´s percent ?
101%
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #23
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
101%

shaq utilizes a special type of fat, something no other nba player of the same size has learned to master.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #24
(e)
MJ of ISH

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Dude missed a lot of time during the college season. If he hadn't been injured, I'm sure he would be right in line with almost everyone else. I don't think it's an issue at all.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #25
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

What a disgusting hog.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #26
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
But in the 2 months since he was deemed healthy enough to play...and heading into the biggest athletic challenge of his life... he obviously hasn't. As a potential employer, that would concern me.

11 games of college experience, with over half of those vs crap opposition.

The next pick & roll...the staple of the NBA... he runs at a highly competitive level will be the first.

Coming off a serious foot injury.

The more I see this play out, the less I like the odds of him being anything special...and I wasn't that sold to begin with.

Toe injury, don't sensationalize

the 5 games before the injury he excelled in wins against marquette, Kstate, oregon, michigan state and butler, all tourney teams

when he came back he still played more than well

im not saying i dont question what the hell he's been doing in the last two months, but at the end of the day whenever he steps on the court he is a top notch prospect and you can't pass on him

there could be worse things than conditioning to worry about
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #27
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
Toe injury, don't sensationalize

the 5 games before the injury he excelled in wins against marquette, Kstate, oregon, michigan state and butler, all tourney teams

when he came back he still played more than well

im not saying i dont question what the hell he's been doing in the last two months, but at the end of the day whenever he steps on the court he is a top notch prospect and you can't pass on him

there could be worse things than conditioning to worry about

Toe injury that caused him to miss, what, 25 games? I'm not overly familiar with his anatomy, but most toes are connected to feet. Amd, as anyone who has played basketball at a high level knows, the feet take a pounding unlike anything you can imagine. as Barkley has said "Most basketball players have bad knees. All basketball players have bad feet".

And he didn't play "more than well" when he came back. He was slow and tentative. The only game where he looked anything like a draft pick...not a top pick, just a selection....was their tourney game vs an overwhelmed opponent (first game he played).

His other 6 games were against Cal Poly Pomona, St Augustines, Colgate, etc. None of the games he played in was close (within 5 pts).

Yes, there are things worse than conditioning to worry about. I listed them in my post, which you chose to ignore and focus on the word "foot" vs "toe". He has never run pick & roll, has never had to be pass first, has never defended top flight players in a game that matters, and has a grand total of 11 collegiate games.

Last edited by JMT : 05-22-2011 at 04:22 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #28
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Toe injury that caused him to miss, what, 25 games? I'm not overly familiar with his anatomy, but most toes are connected to feet. Amd, as anyone who has played basketball at a high level knows, the feet take a pounding unlike anything you can imagine. as Barkley has said "Most basketball players have bad knees. All basketball players have bad feet".

And he didn't play "more than well" when he came back. He was slow and tentative. The only game where he looked anything like a draft pick...not a top pick, just a selection....was their tourney game vs an overwhelmed opponent (first game he played).

His other 6 games were against Cal Poly Pomona, St Augustines, Colgate, etc. None of the games he played in was close (within 5 pts).

Yes, there are things worse than conditioning to worry about. I listed them in my post, which you chose to ignore and focus on the word "foot" vs "toe". He has never run pick & roll, has never had to be pass first, has never defended top flight players in a game that matters, and has a grand total of 11 collegiate games.

no i chose to focus on his conditioning because that is what the thread is about

and the fact that you left out that he had one of the best performances from any player this year in just his seventh game in his freshman year proves you are just a hater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-zOWfhQUA4
Old 05-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #29
PistonsFan#21
Great college starter

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

so what if hes over 10% bodyfat? A player like Derrick Rose is probably at 10-11% bodyfat himself and is still one of the most athletic players in the league. Its no big deal
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #30
Burgz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
so what if hes over 10% bodyfat? A player like Derrick Rose is probably at 10-11% bodyfat himself and is still one of the most athletic players in the league. Its no big deal

exactly, it's just another thing the media can use to stir up speculation about who will go number one
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: