Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Should the Knicks trade down?

It's obvious that this year's draft is sub par, yet there is still talent out there that if properly coached, can excel in this league. Seeing as though the Knicks have their main PG for next season and are actively pursuing a big man in free agency, should they trade their 17th pick in order to get a second rounder?

With two picks, we can address the PG, and big man situations, while not losing out on anything really extraordinary.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Should the Knicks trade down?

If the Grizzlies have a 2nd round pick I'd trade our 1st for Mayo and a 2nd. Then I'd draft Keith Benson or JaJuan Johnson
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
If the Grizzlies have a 2nd round pick I'd trade our 1st for Mayo and a 2nd. Then I'd draft Keith Benson or JaJuan Johnson

Agreed, but they won't do that trade.

Toney Douglas + 2011 1st Round Draft Pick + Cash Considerations

for

O.J. Mayo + 2011 2nd Round Draft Pick

I'd definitely do that. Just draft a back-up PG in the 2nd round.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Agreed, but they won't do that trade.

Toney Douglas + 2011 1st Round Draft Pick + Cash Considerations

for

O.J. Mayo + 2011 2nd Round Draft Pick

I'd definitely do that. Just draft a back-up PG in the 2nd round.

Were going to give up alot more than that...

I'd personally trade Fields and Douglas for Mayo. A player like Mayo would be nice to have and has great potential not to mention him playing PG/SG positions.

Toney Douglas is a dime in a dozen type of player
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

I'd personally trade Fields and Douglas for Mayo. A player like Mayo would be nice to have and has great potential not to mention him playing PG/SG positions.

Agreed. I'd do that too.

I would love to have Mayo here as I think he would excel in this sytem as a 3rd option next season, and since hes on his rookie contract it would only make this situation look even better for CP3 or Howard.

Fields steps in and can replace Battier at SF.
Douglas basically fills the role Mayo was doing in Memphis.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:56 PM   #6
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's a few PG's that will be available in the second round, the most notable probably being Nolan Smith from Duke and a sleeper pick in a guy like Charles Jenkins. Look at Jenkins' stats, the man is a beast.

The Grizzlies have a second round pick in the late 40's, and even then Shelvin Mack out of Butler is projected to drop to that position. Knicks have to be smart here and try to get a two-for-one deal here.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

It's a good year to go after more draft picks, if you can get 2 for 1 do it.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:24 AM   #8
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
There's a few PG's that will be available in the second round, the most notable probably being Nolan Smith from Duke and a sleeper pick in a guy like Charles Jenkins. Look at Jenkins' stats, the man is a beast.

The Grizzlies have a second round pick in the late 40's, and even then Shelvin Mack out of Butler is projected to drop to that position. Knicks have to be smart here and try to get a two-for-one deal here.

Me personally I just would not take a gamble on a 4 year Duke player. If you're not considered NBA caliber after 1-2 years there you wont be after your numbers inflate as you become a veteran and get more minutes/touches. Coach K is a master at gearing his team to the benefit of his seniors, just look at the 100 off ball screens a game they ran for JJ Redick. Nolan Smith looks and plays like a guy who'll be out of the NBA after 2 years when hes unable to make it as a PG and too undersized to be a SG. Any PG who will pick up his dribble and pass off when pressured by college guards has no chance in the NBA.

Charles Jenkins numbers are ridiculous. I wish I had seen him play but Hofstra doesnt get games on any of my TV channels. Not even Fox Sports.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #9
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

knicks shud stay there and buy another pick, we can use the bodies, and 2 draftees = more % of either cracking the rotation
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

^^^^What he said I'd even trade Fields,Douglas and our 1st rounder for Mayo and a 2nd rounder.When you think about it,your essentially gettin a guy who woulda been a sr or jr in college + in this years draft,there aren't many players,if any,that are guaranteed to be better than OJ
Old 05-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #11
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
^^^^What he said I'd even trade Fields,Douglas and our 1st rounder for Mayo and a 2nd rounder.When you think about it,your essentially gettin a guy who woulda been a sr or jr in college + in this years draft,there aren't many players,if any,that are guaranteed to be better than OJ

Yeah, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat too.

**** it, I'll beat my heart to it.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #12
percolator
I brick open layups

percolator has decent reputation

I'd love to get Mayo, but that's a lot to give up when this team needs to be improving it's depth. There are currently 8 players under contract, and Turiaf has a player option which he'll likely pick up. There's going to be good prospects there @ #17 who'll be cost controlled for 4 years, and Mayo is a restricted FA after next season
percolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #13
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wouldn't trade Douglas. Whats Mayos stats?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #14
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Mayo doesn't get paid much and his stock isnt exactly up right now.Despite his improved play in the playoffs,he was in Hollin's dog house all year plus he had a little problem with Mary Jane. If we got him now,I'd extend his contract before he even touched the court.Furthermore,Douglas' contract ends the same year.This isn't considered a strong draft at all but it is a decent draft depth wise.Trading down and getting a starter + a 2nd rounder who could also be a starter seems like a good deal to me.Plus you take the decision out of D'Antoni's hands on whether Douglas is a capable backup pg or even pg of the future.

You could get a guard just as good as Douglas in the 2nd round of this year's draft.Norris Cole,Nolan Smith,Charles Jenkins and even Marshon Brooks could be there still.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think we need to trade down, just need a few more picks.

Draft the best player available regardless of position.

I think we may find another "Fields" in the 2nd round.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: