Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #16
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Guess You All Are Going To Become Knick Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
LOL, People seriously think MIA is going to dominate 4-5 rings over 5 years....

Chicago is still young,great coach,and will be better once they get a SG
OKC is young too.

I think people forget MIA is not as young as CHI,OKC,PORT,

This. They're playing some of the weakest competition ever for their title (if they get it).

The 76ers. An old, broken down Celtics team with no Perkins. A Chicago team with the worst MVP in league history, a putrid offense, and Carlos f*cking Boozer as their second option. And either a young and experienced Oklahoma City team or a choking Mavericks team.

Is that even impressive?
Old 05-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #17
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
This. They're playing some of the weakest competition ever for their title (if they get it).

The 76ers. An old, broken down Celtics team with no Perkins. A Chicago team with the worst MVP in league history, a putrid offense, and Carlos f*cking Boozer as their second option. And either a young and experienced Oklahoma City team or a choking Mavericks team.

Is that even impressive?

How is that remotely worse than what the Lakers had to go through the last few years or Boston in 08?

Chicago and Dallas are as good right now as any team they faced.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #18
NewYorkNoPicks
National High School Star

NewYorkNoPicks has decent reputationNewYorkNoPicks has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble6-AC45
so tc doesnt want miami to dominate yet he wants new york to dominate?

knick fans are truly pathetic

most likely...your life is pathetic.

but moving on...even with CP3 and a big men we couldn't dominate the league the cHeat could. We'd still be the underdogs regardless.

My point is that we'd be able to knock them out of the playoffs...doesn't mean that we couldn't get beat by a team like OKC in the finals.

We'd be the underdogs with the punchers chance, and yeah the Knicks would probably walk away with a ring...but not 5 like the cheaters down in South Beach.

If you prefer 5 straight titles going to the cHeat rather than maybe 1 to NY, 1 to OKC, and 3 to them....then you're an idiot who enjoys monotony, probably has a boring predictable life, and is a front runner who lacks a ball sack
Old 05-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #19
FourthTenor
Banned

FourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
yeah and they only faced probably the 3rd best team in the league.

nobody said NY was winning this year, this is a process. We still need a big man, and 1 more big time player.

And having heart has nothing to do with winning if you don't have enough talent around you, along with an offensive minded one dimensional coach.

this is a moot point, our team isn't fully built yet.

Dude, you realize that Miami has had to really scratch and claw to get this far with only 3 players and a worthless supporting cast, the result of giving out three max contracts.

And that New York has already given out two max contracts to players VASTLY INFERIOR to the top two with max deals on the Heat.

I know you're a NYK fan so you are too blind to see how one-dimensional and overrated Carmelo and Amare are, but just give it a couple years. You'll eventually see in time, and then at that point you'll be calling them bums and wishing they'd break THEIR legs for daring to accept such a lucritive deal at the expense of YOUR precious team's success.

NYK are absoltely screwed. Even with Paul, they have no rebounding, no defense, no brains (except Paul) and hardly any perimeter shooting.

Amare is fragile and reliant on athleticism to begin with, and now he's about to face the second half of his career makin 20M a year. Yeah, thats gonna be a real good contact goin forward.....

SMFH. You're allowing your blind loyalty to stifle any sense of logic. Typical dumbass fan.

Last edited by FourthTenor : 05-23-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #20
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
They said it.. it was the biggest news story in sports for a couple of weeks. Then it was later downplayed by them to avoid breaking league tampering rules, but we all knew they meant what they said. A joke is always a partial truth.

You think CP3 is going to be sitting in ?New Orleans watching the Heat win a title thinking "I can beat these guys with David West as my 2nd best player!"

No, but I also don't think upending his life in New Orleans for the Big Apple is in any way a certainty either. Things said and done in jest are not proof positive, dude. If it happens, it happens, but I wouldn't be hinging your franchises future and making grandiose statements about your teams prospects on something that isn't even in a reality yet.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #21
FourthTenor
Banned

FourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
An old, broken down Celtics team with no Perkins.

Sort of like the one the Lakers faced when they beat them for a 'chip
Old 05-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #22
FourthTenor
Banned

Quote:

but moving on...even with CP3 and a big men we couldn't dominate the league the cHeat could. We'd still be the underdogs regardless.

My point is that we'd be able to knock them out of the playoffs...doesn't mean that we couldn't get beat by a team like OKC in the finals.

We'd be the underdogs with the punchers chance, and yeah the Knicks would probably walk away with a ring...but not 5 like the cheaters down in South Beach.

If you prefer 5 straight titles going to the cHeat rather than maybe 1 to NY, 1 to OKC, and 3 to them....then you're an idiot who enjoys monotony, probably has a boring predictable life, and is a front runner who lacks a ball sack

This is by far the best part about what Miami did. Watching the crybabies cry and pout and whine and take their ball and go home.

LMFAO! Cry it up, baby! Keep whinin and cryin! CRRRYYYYYY BABBYYYYYY

LOL THIS IS GONNA BE A FUN SUMMER
Old 05-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #23
NewYorkNoPicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
No, but I also don't think upending his life in New Orleans for the Big Apple is in any way a certainty either. Things said and done in jest are not proof positive, dude. If it happens, it happens, but I wouldn't be hinging your franchises future and making grandiose statements about your teams prospects on something that isn't even in a reality yet.

Assuming the cap doesnt go DOWN, we'll have over $15 mill in cap space in 2012....so Deron, CP3, or Dwight....you think none of them are going to take that money? So insert either of the 3, I don't care. Fact is we're getting another star
Old 05-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #24
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

A Melo-Amare-Paul trio would score a lot ... but Miami has no problems scoring either.

Miami would be far superior defensively though.

Melo-Amare-Howard is more interesting I think, but I don't know how that would happen.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #25
NewYorkNoPicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourthTenor
Dude, you realize that Miami has had to really scratch and claw to get this far with only 3 players and a worthless supporting cast, the result of giving out three max contracts.

And that New York has already given out two max contracts to players VASTLY INFERIOR to the top two with max deals on the Heat.

I know you're a NYK fan so you are too blind to see how one-dimensional and overrated Carmelo and Amare are, but just give it a couple years. You'll eventually see in time, and then at that point you'll be calling them bums and wishing they'd break THEIR legs for daring to accept such a lucritive deal at the expense of YOUR precious team's success.

NYK are absoltely screwed. Even with Paul, they have no rebounding, no defense, no brains (except Paul) and hardly any perimeter shooting.

Amare is fragile and reliant on athleticism to begin, and now he's about to face the second half of his career makin 20M a year. Yeah, thats gonna be a real good contact goin forward.....

SMFH. You're allowing your blind loyalty to stifle and sense of logic. Typical dumbass fan.

We're screwed? LMAO!!!!

Who's your team buddy?

I GUARANTEE THAT WHOEVER IS ON YOUR TEAM IS INFERIOR TO CARMELO ANTHONY AND AMARE STOUDEMIRE.

Let me know the other teams in the league who have a 26 and 28 year old superstar foundation to buld upon.

Combine that with $15 mill in capspace in 2012 to add other pieces....we're not screwed, we're probably in the best position to improve around the league.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #26
Noble6-AC45
I brick open layups

Noble6-AC45 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

says the knicks fan
Old 05-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #27
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Assuming the cap doesnt go DOWN, we'll have over $15 mill in cap space in 2012....so Deron, CP3, or Dwight....you think none of them are going to take that money? So insert either of the 3, I don't care. Fact is we're getting another star

You already have two... don't you think you should be focusing on and enjoying your team now? I don't understand the point behind hoping another star comes along to somehow right the proverbial ship.

You honestly believe, with another off-season, training camp and upgrades in role players and supporting cast, this New York team can't make noise and contend NOW against the elites? Even with D'Antoni at the helm with a complete and total lack of defensive prowess, this Knicks team could still make waves and shock the world next season. I'm not even a Knicks fan and I recognize that... so, why concern yourself with what may or may not take place in 2012? The top heap of teams could shift and change five times before that off-season even comes about, as the leagues upstarts and young teams continue to get stronger and more experienced.

Don't you think this mirrors the "LeBron to New York" debacle fairly succinctly? That didn't pan out, so why set yourself up for a similar situation?
Old 05-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #28
NewYorkNoPicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble6-AC45
says the knicks fan

says the guy who has no real response so decided to go with the one liner lacking any real substance but ambiguous enough to qualify as a retort of some nature

Last edited by NewYorkNoPicks : 05-23-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #29
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourthTenor

Might not be something you wanna say during the same year they just got broomed out in the first round.

The only sweep of all 8 first round playoff series
Knicks were only healthy the first game, by the third it was Melo and Jeffries against the Celtics... idiot.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #30
FourthTenor
Banned

Quote:
Let me know the other teams in the league who have a 26 and 28 year old superstar foundation to buld upon.

Theyre only media superstars.

They're not superstars on the court. Last I checked, the Nuggets at least won a game against the Thunder without ANY "superstars" while Amare and Carmelo were getting swept by a team that went out in 5 in the next round.

But then again, this is a pointless argument. You clearly are the typical "dumb fan" who thinks anyone ESPN tells them is a star is a star.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread