Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Kanter refuses to interview with Raps...

Quote:
As for Kanter, reports out of Chicago say he refused to interview with three teams including the Raptors who pick fifth. He also turned down interview requests from Utah which picks third and Milwaukee which picks 10th. Speculation, and that’s all it is right now, has Kanter turning down Utah because they’re front court is already loaded. Milwaukee at 10 likely won’t get a shot at Kanter anyway, but the decision to rebuff Toronto’s advances is curious to say the least.

http://www.lfpress.com/sports/basket.../18174841.html

Hopefully this isn't what it sounds like. But who knows!

(I know it is in one thread, but deserves a thread to itself OR at least we should make a "Draft Thread"....)

Last edited by T-Low : 05-21-2011 at 12:42 PM.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kanter refuses to interview with Raps...

smfh.

this moron aside, this team's reputation is horrible.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

With Colangelo still around, where would he play? Regardless of his talent and production he knows he will still be just a backup to Bargnani. Plus with the Turkoglu fiasco, I'm not surprised he doesn't want to be drafted by the Raptors.

That said, the Raptors should still take him if he's around at #5. It seemed like Ed Davis and his father weren't too thrilled about going to the Raptors last year but that doesn't mean anything. If the rookie contracts and restricted free agency remain similar in the new CBA to what there is now, you basically have your young players for 6 years minimum if they turn out really good. No great player is going to reject a big deal after their rookie deal is up. It doesn't happen.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Very strange he refused utah.
Maybe he has reason to believe he will be picked by minnesota?

I don't really want him though. Too many injuries.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Utah has Jefferson, Favors and Millsap already in their frontcourt. I can see why he wouldn't want to go there.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
Maybe he has reason to believe he will be picked by minnesota?

Kanter's meeting with Utah still. From Chad Ford:

Quote:
Now hearing Jazz will spend all day with Enes Kanter on June 2nd in Chicago. Will see him workout + interview. He's not dodging Jazz.

He really wants to go to Washington though. I guess he wants to play with Wall, another ex-Kentucky player.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #7
bluerap
Local High School Star

I would think he wants to go as high as possible to get the most cash.
He'll probably end up interviewing with TO as well.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Doesn't matter if he interviews with us or not. He's not dropping past Cleveland period. Unfortunate but I can't see it not being true. With them getting him and Kyrie in the same draft my money's on them rebounding from Lebron leaving before we rebound from Bosh. Lame.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #9
bluerap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Doesn't matter if he interviews with us or not. He's not dropping past Cleveland period. Unfortunate but I can't see it not being true. With them getting him and Kyrie in the same draft my money's on them rebounding from Lebron leaving before we rebound from Bosh. Lame.

I've seen a couple mocks where he falls below the raps.

Some have dwilliams falling to 4 (behind knight and val).

Most of the mocks I've seen us taking knight, walker or val.

I am officially on the walker bandwagon.
He played so well in the tourney and now that he measured in as a legit 6 footer my only concern about him has been put to rest.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I'm starting to warm up to Knight a bit.

Kanter
Knight
Valanciunas

I'd be ok with any of those 3 unless one of them completely bombs all their workouts or something.

I'm still very much against drafting Walker.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #11
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

good, didnt want him anyway, who the **** does he think he is, hasnt balled all year and thinks he can walk into the draft and go wherever he wants?
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #12
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

For goodness sake, why don't they just make the draft so that the players all get to choose the teams THEY want to play for.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:16 AM   #13
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
For goodness sake, why don't they just make the draft so that the players all get to choose the teams THEY want to play for.

Toronto wouldn't have a player except Tristan Thompson!
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #14
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

It really sucks being a raptors fan right about now, absolutely NOTHING is going our waay, i mean NOTHING
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

No need to panic, this means nothing. It's obvious his agent doesn't want Kanter to go to teams that already have players at C and PF that are going to get minutes ahead of him. It makes sense for a young player to not want to go to a team where he likely is just going to sit on the bench.

- Utah has Jefferson at C and also Millsap and Favors at PF.

- The Raptors are still run by Colangelo and still have Bargnani on the roster and everyone knows how inseparable they are. Bargnani is going to get a guaranteed 32-35 mpg regardless of his quality of play.

- Milwaukee has Bogut and Kanter will likely get picked long before they come up to pick.

If he's still around at #5 and the Raptors feel he is the best pick there, they should absolutely take him. He will come and he will play.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: