Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #16
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Portland Trail Blazers say goodbye to GM Rich Cho!

I don't think this had anything to do with the comments about suspending Roy. It's been known for some time that Rich Cho has wanted to rebuild around a small core of guys since we've seen Roy won't be getting back to his star level of play.

I think Cho wanted to scrap almost everyone outside of Aldridge, Batum, Matthews, and maybe Oden. I don't blame him either. Paul Allen has never been a good business man. All his businesses have failed. If it wasn't for his money from Microsoft he'd be worthless.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #17
sacredcow
Good High School Starter

sacredcow has decent reputationsacredcow has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
That is 2 quality GM's gone in 2 successive years. Portland was a model of consistency and blew that all up quickly. I wonder if they hire from within??

The owner is pretty good, but he is quickly becoming Jerry Jones like, micromanaging everything but willing to spend money.

It's pretty much been accepted that KP got fired for the Roy max contract when he knew about his bad knees. The way it's constructed to makes it even more of a cancer contract.
sacredcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #18
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
If you're Minnesota, do you kinda look at Kahn and say "Really?" with guys like Pritchard and Cho available?

It's simply amazing Kahn hasn't been run out of that state by people in viking helmets, wielding pitchforks and torches.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #19
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredcow
It's pretty much been accepted that KP got fired for the Roy max contract when he knew about his bad knees. The way it's constructed to makes it even more of a cancer contract.

I read one story where they said KP wanted to take Durant, and constantly hung that over Paul Allen's head. Allen got sick of it and wanted him gone.

I could see KP saying comments like, "Well if you would have just listened to me about Durant we wouldn't be in this mess".

By the way, I love how people think Pritchard did that Babbit trade. As if Paul Allen would let the GM make a trade the day he plans to fire him. lol. That was all Paul Allen.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #20
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board

"I mean, the man is Asian, for Pete's sake." Miller continued, "I didn't know that until about 5 days ago. Who hires an Asian man to run a basketball team, am I right people?"

Does Miller want to be fired as well?
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #21
sacredcow
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harison
"I mean, the man is Asian, for Pete's sake." Miller continued, "I didn't know that until about 5 days ago. Who hires an Asian man to run a basketball team, am I right people?"

LOL You actually bought that extra line?

Full press release:

http://www.iamatrailblazersfan.com/P...4/Default.aspx

Quote:
The Portland Trail Blazers announced today that they have parted ways with Rich Cho, the team’s general manager of basketball operations.

“The fit between Rich and our team simply wasn’t right,” said Trail Blazers President Larry Miller. “This was a tough move because I respect Rich and he’s a good person with many strong skills. But it simply wasn’t a good match.”

Trail Blazers Director of College Scouting Chad Buchanan will serve as acting general manager. Buchanan has been with the team for four years. Buchanan and Head Coach Nate McMillan will report to Miller until a permanent replacement is hired.

Trail Blazers Owner Paul G. Allen said the move is part of the franchise’s commitment to building a championship contending team. “This decision, as difficult as it was to make, reflects our willingness to admit and recognize that things haven’t worked out,” Allen said. “We’re going to be tough on ourselves in assessing what we could have done better, and then go out and find the executive who is the best fit with the needs of our franchise. That chemistry and connection is critically important.”
Old 05-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #22
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I read one story where they said KP wanted to take Durant, and constantly hung that over Paul Allen's head. Allen got sick of it and wanted him gone.

I could see KP saying comments like, "Well if you would have just listened to me about Durant we wouldn't be in this mess".

By the way, I love how people think Pritchard did that Babbit trade. As if Paul Allen would let the GM make a trade the day he plans to fire him. lol. That was all Paul Allen.

Really? The KD draft I thought everyone was pretty much on board to take Oden #1, there were serious questions whether Durant would be able to take the beating against bigger guys for 82 games.

I thought Paul Allen was mad that KP was getting so much credit for being such a great GM yet when talking about great owners Allen was never mentioned...
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #23
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredcow
LOL You actually bought that extra line?

Full press release:

thanks for that, I was gonna be shocked if he actually said that horrendous line
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #24
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harison

bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #25
sacredcow
Good High School Starter

Press conference scheduled in two hours.

Chad Buchanan was one of KP's guys and knows his stuff, meaning the cross hairs are already locked in on him.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #26
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
it's karma.

I went to the same law school as Cho and contacted him a few weeks before he became portland's GM for an informational interview. He initially said ok but then he never got back to me after his new hire despite my attempts to get in touch with him.

Still, this is surprising. But screw u cho

Surprising move though.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #27
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Ugh....we could at least wait until this team was healthy.

As I've said before, this makes the Blazers look like a joke front office who can't make decisions. Agents, GM's, and players are going to hesitate before choosing this destination.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #28
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why does Portland even have a GM? Larry Miller's running the show, give him the title. I guess if they do there's no one to scapegoat when the season doesn't end in June though.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #29
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Lol fired because of Roy. Saying he wasn't a good fit with the team pretty much gave it away.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #30
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

In other news, Blazers announcer Mike Rice will be having double knee replacement surgery today.

Happy rehabbing with Oden and Roy, Mike Rice!
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: