Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #196
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Sources: Mike Brown named coach of the Lakers

This was my initial reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lI...ilpage#t=30 s

But it's not nearly as bad as everyone says. He has an undeserved bad rep.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #197
Cangri
National High School Star

Cangri has an OK reputation so far

People should give him a chance, in Cleveland he basically only had Lebron to work with, but with the Lakers it's a whole different story, they got multiple great players.
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #198
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Report: Kobe Bryant “surprised” by Mike Brown hiring

Let's see, they hired a cheap coach for rebuilding purposes, because Dr Buss doesn't want to pay over $5M for a coach.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #199
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

I am good with this signing if it turns out to be true. No one can step into Phil Jackson's shoes, they are just too big to fill. If the Lakers wanted to keep things rolling with the status quo, they should have performed better in the playoffs.

I think Brown's pedigree is good enough to command some initial respect from Kobe and crew. He did lead the Cavs through what has been their most successful period ever and has been better than he was given credit for. If he's truly a good coach, he'll figure out how to get the best from what he has to work with, rather than trying to use a formula that was developed for a different cast of characters. Even Kobe admitted that the Lakers need to recommitt themselves to having their defense be the cornerstone of their game. If Brown needs to enlist some help for the offensive side of things, he has shown a willingness to do so rather than having his ego preventing that from being seen.

It's not like the Lakers have had a huge list of candidates with sparkling resumes with Adelman topping the list that has been circulating. I see no reason to give Dunleavy the job given the results of his most recent stint here in Los Angeles, not to mention his previous Laker history. He may start out being OK, but things have had a way of going south for him as time goes on.

Shaw would been a roll of the dice and if they thought he was the guy for the job, I would have gone along. But as more time has passed, I began to wonder if it was all really just a dog and pony show to make it appear that they looked around some before just handing the keys to Shaw, or if they didn't feel B Shaw was the guy. It appears to be the latter for now.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #200
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangri
People should give him a chance, in Cleveland he basically only had Lebron to work with, but with the Lakers it's a whole different story, they got multiple great players.
Brown couldnt handle ONE dive, how he will handle MULTIPLE divas? Honestly, with all the "lets give him a chance"... why risk one or few years of still real contending team, if there are better coaches available? It makes no sense from any point I can think off. Lack of defensive mentality? Get Larry Brown, hell, hire Mike Brown as assistant D for the real coach, who can handle divas.
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #201
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cteach111
Phil Jackson has worn Jordan's shoes before. Not a big deal.

At a ceremony and announced it to an audience and jumped around like a girl?

You can't remotely have watched Brown in Cleveland and compare his attitude towards LeBron with Phil really with any of his players. Not even close. Jackson was the coach, Brown acted like a fan.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #202
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Kobe will feel better when in the Huddle coach Brown keeps preaching his Defense even when Lakers have the Ball.. Kobe will be like Coach what Play we Running MB says " Ummm yeah Kobe U get the Ball everyone else Clear out".. Kobe "sounds Good Coach".
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #203
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #204
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
Wtf? Why!?
Going from Phil Jackson to Mike Brown is like going from driving a Mustang to riding a frickin donkey.

TRUE

Mike Brown would be a decent assistant coach......that's all.

If we have him as head coach it'll make it that much easier for the Heat to win multiple titles
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #205
lakerspng
National High School Star

lakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this board

very surprised by this decision. Seems like a rash, knee-jerk reaction to the Mavs shooting an NBA record from 3 point land on us.

Regardless, the decision has been made. I've always trusted in the organization to bring a top quality product to the floor for the fans and I will hope for the best.
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #206
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

LOL.. All U need is the Matching Glasses
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #207
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Mike Brown just has a"clown" aura about him. He doesnt fit the Hollywood role at all.
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #208
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiiu
Mike Brown just has a"clown" aura about him. He doesnt fit the Hollywood role at all.

Did Rudy T?
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #209
dillondavis

Wow I was stunned too but I can't say I'm shocked at my fellow laker fans reactions to this, why is it that if we don't pick up a future HOF'er we have no shot. My personally I like it, it's something new I was getting so sick and tired of watching broken triangle after broken triangle and Shannon brown just chucking away with 14secs on the shot clock and him head rushing shooters. Amd I cam go on and on about the lakers bad habits. Maybe a few tweaks to tue roster and may e in 2-3 yes we'll be some where (however Kobe ain't got that kinda time) but I'm
Not sure of this could all mesh together In 1 season.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #210
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I've never liked Brown as a coach but he seems like a decent enough guy so I wish him the best
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: