Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #256
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sources: Mike Brown named coach of the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990

Any video links?
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #257
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Report: Kobe Bryant “surprised” by Mike Brown hiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I actually don't mind the signing, because Brown's a much better coach than people give him credit for. I just don't see how he wins a title with the Lakers, though, since they obviously need to re-tool and yet all I've read is they plan on keeping the core together another year. We'll see.

I do think it's funny Brown's portrayed as this terrible coach who doesn't know how to diagram an offense while LeBron was immune to criticism because his teammates supposedly sucked. Why doesn't Brown get the same benefit of the doubt?

He should.

Not to mention that the Cavs offenses were never really terrible.

I thought Brown struggled more with rotations and adjustments in playoff series. That won't be nearly as big of an issues with the kind of talent the Lakers have.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #258
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
He should.

Not to mention that the Cavs offenses were never really terrible.

I thought Brown struggled more with rotations and adjustments in playoff series. That won't be nearly as big of an issues with the kind of talent the Lakers have.

I still say he's going to get a reputation boost on here just because people want to give Kobe yet another asterisk if he fails to win anything.

The Lakers are talented, but they're getting old and they have no bench, slashers, or shooters.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #259
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #260
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990

well, considering that John Kuester will likely be fired from the Pistons by early next season, Brown can just hire him back.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #261
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

The LA Lakers name Mike Brown head coach. Dub oh you tee eff mang?! How in the hell did they arrive at Mike Brown?! Where in the hell is West when you need him?! Oh that's right, he's with Golden State now.

Seriously though - how in the hell does Mike Brown end up coaching some of the league's greatest talent time and time again and the guy isn't jack shit? He must have some juicy on David Stern.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #262
CJ Mustard
Local High School Star

CJ Mustard has decent reputation

Ouch.

Rough year for Laker fans.
CJ Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #263
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I actually don't mind the signing, because Brown's a much better coach than people give him credit for. I just don't see how he wins a title with the Lakers, though, since they obviously need to re-tool and yet all I've read is they plan on keeping the core together another year. We'll see.

I do think it's funny Brown's portrayed as this terrible coach who doesn't know how to diagram an offense while LeBron was immune to criticism because his teammates supposedly sucked. Why doesn't Brown get the same benefit of the doubt?

I don't get it either. The Cavs were one of the best teams in the league with Brown as a coach, and everyone takes it as common knowledge that Lebron played with crappy teammates. Sorry, one good player doesn't lead a team to as many wins as the Cavs had unless either his teammates were better than they're given credit for or the coach was really good, or both. The way people here talk, you'd think that Lebron was always a choker who had a crappy coach and crappy teammates, but lucked into have a great record each year.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #264
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

The myths of Mike Brown

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/pos...-of-mike-brown

I think Laker fans are judging this guy to hard. Read the link above.

High Lights are

- He has won a ring

- The Cavs had the 6th best offense under him

- LeBron and Brown had a good relationship
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #265
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
Ouch.

Rough year for Laker fans.

if not winning the championship means it's been a rough year, i like that situation
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:32 PM   #266
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
The myths of Mike Brown

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/pos...-of-mike-brown

I think Laker fans are judging this guy to hard. Read the link above.

High Lights are

- He has won a ring

- The Cavs had the 6th best offense under him

- LeBron and Brown had a good relationship

Mike Brown was blessed with the luxury of coaching the best player in the league. Now, he'll be blessed with coaching the second best (just a year or two ago the best) player in the league with the Lakers not to mention one hell of a supporting cast.

I wonder how well Mike Brown would have done with the current Cavs team this past year? Hummmmm.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:41 PM   #267
Zackmorris
Where my announcement!

Zackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this board

Mike Brown is getting too much shit.

Mike Brown is going to do well for the Lakers. Had back to back 60+ seasons, was assistant to Popovich, got to the finals, and is a defensive head.

I was watching ATH today and they made it seem like they hired one of the worst coaches of all time.
Zackmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #268
CJ Mustard
Local High School Star

CJ Mustard has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
if not winning the championship means it's been a rough year, i like that situation

You enjoy getting obliterated, humiliated, embarrassed, dismantled, etc in the 2nd round of the Playoffs, and then following it up by replacing your Hall of Fame, and arguable GOAT coach for a coach who could not draw up a half-decent offensive play for the life of him?
CJ Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #269
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Mike Brown is severly underrated, and this thread just confirmed it. Yes, he is well known for his questionable offensive schemes, but quite honestly, those Cavs teams had crappy players with the best player in the league.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #270
che guevara
National High School Star

che guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this board

Unless something changes drastically, Kobe is going to spend the whole season iso-ing. Kobe THIS season, under Phil, had over twice as many isolation plays as Lebron did. Why is that Lebron STILL gets shit for Le-iso but Kobe never does?
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: