Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #361
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Mike Brown named new Lakers head coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
Adelman is a much better coach, frankly I don't understand this decision...

Agree 100% Jim Buss
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #362
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board

Jim Buss is Jerry Krause 2.0?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=224392
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #363
chips93

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
Adelman is a much better coach, frankly I don't understand this decision...

adelman's sets would work great with kobe and lakers
Old 05-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #364
SwayDizzle
Local High School Star

SwayDizzle has decent reputation
Default Re: Sources: Mike Brown named coach of the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1

I've been saying this. Last time Phil Jackson coached, was when we had Shaq on our team. Trust me, ask any Laker fans here and they will tell you Phil has lost us like 6-10 games this year. He lost us game 1 against Dallas by playing the bench too long and not calling timeouts. Phil has been in retirement for years now. With Phil, we were a horrible defensive team. Mike is an excellent defensive coach (taught to him by Gregg Popovich). He might be the best defensive mind in the league which is what we need. Offensively we are fine, just inconsistent at times. Defense is where we are lacking. I would rather have Adelman obviously, but I'm just excited to have a coach for the first time since Rudy T left.

It's about to be a new offense and defense breh. No more rewarding Fisher for nothing. No more playing Luke Walton for no reason. No more sitting down rookies even though they proved they can ball (Ebanks). I'm so fukking excited by this man. I was so sick of Phil Jackson and his (lack of) coaching. You non-Laker fans have really no clue what we went through. Dude has been out coached by Rick Carlisle. You guys call Mike Brown a pushover? WTF was Phil? What do you call someone that sees the same mistake 10 times in a row and sticks with the same lineup? @ hating on Jim Buss. You realize if Phil had his way, we'd have freaking Sean May instead of Bynum? Phil purposely limited Bynum's growth due to his hatred towards the Busses. Great thing about this is that all signs point towards a new staff + new players. Ain't no one safe up in this bitch

Laugh now, cry later Laker haters. Some of you people seem enamored with who Phil used to be. I watched every Laker game for years now, Phil has been severely overrated due to reputation.

you got this on lock
SwayDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #365
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

Adelman would cost too much money.

The Lakers brass knows they maybe have 1-2 years to get another ring with Kobe's decline already on.

They didn't want to spend the big bucks on a coach who'd want a 4-5 year term and be stuck with the bill once Kobe is completely washed up.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #366
pf9
Can barely lace up my sneakers

pf9 has an OK reputation so far

I wonder if Brown will have a better time in LA than in Cleveland...which may be off the NBA map in a couple years depending on how the Heat do.
pf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:33 AM   #367
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave
Adelman would cost too much money.

On the radio last night they were hinting Adlemans agent was mentioning Jackson like money before they even talked and that pushed him to the Lakers back burner.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:14 AM   #368
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

wow, color me excited.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:05 AM   #369
iamgine

iamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1

I've been saying this. Last time Phil Jackson coached, was when we had Shaq on our team. Trust me, ask any Laker fans here and they will tell you Phil has lost us like 6-10 games this year. He lost us game 1 against Dallas by playing the bench too long and not calling timeouts. Phil has been in retirement for years now. With Phil, we were a horrible defensive team. Mike is an excellent defensive coach (taught to him by Gregg Popovich). He might be the best defensive mind in the league which is what we need. Offensively we are fine, just inconsistent at times. Defense is where we are lacking. I would rather have Adelman obviously, but I'm just excited to have a coach for the first time since Rudy T left.

It's about to be a new offense and defense breh. No more rewarding Fisher for nothing. No more playing Luke Walton for no reason. No more sitting down rookies even though they proved they can ball (Ebanks). I'm so fukking excited by this man. I was so sick of Phil Jackson and his (lack of) coaching. You non-Laker fans have really no clue what we went through. Dude has been out coached by Rick Carlisle. You guys call Mike Brown a pushover? WTF was Phil? What do you call someone that sees the same mistake 10 times in a row and sticks with the same lineup? @ hating on Jim Buss. You realize if Phil had his way, we'd have freaking Sean May instead of Bynum? Phil purposely limited Bynum's growth due to his hatred towards the Busses. Great thing about this is that all signs point towards a new staff + new players. Ain't no one safe up in this bitch
Dude, you realize Lakers won the championship last two seasons right? Phil must have done a lot of things right. Maybe you can call him out on this season's playoff only. That's about it.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #370
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Weren't there rumors or speculation that the elder Buss was getting sick of the triangle? What do Lakers fans think the offense is going to look like next year?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #371
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Weren't there rumors or speculation that the elder Buss was getting sick of the triangle? What do Lakers fans think the offense is going to look like next year?

It's Mike Brown coaching, so the offence they will be running is called "Shambles"
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:47 AM   #372
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The more I read up on Mike Brown the better I feel about his being signed..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #373
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
On the radio last night they were hinting Adlemans agent was mentioning Jackson like money before they even talked and that pushed him to the Lakers back burner.

Please name an agent who does NOT ask for top dollar for his client???????
I mean an agent who is actually employed
I don't get what the rush was? They should've been in negotiations with Adelman at this point where do they think he or Brown were going to go?
L.A is the best job out there for a coach.....and despite what Adelman's agent may have been pushing, he was NOT going to get PJ money from anyone. IMO this was just a boneheaded screwup.

What also strikes me as being weird is that there may be an extended strike or work stoppage. I may be wrong on this but dont coaches get paid during this type of situation in the NBA? You have the potential to pay a coach for months where he cannot work with players......but I guess you DO have to have a guy in place for when it's over.

The Lakers knew for the entire year that Phil was leaving......no question about that, this was far more than enough time to decide what the proceedure should be and if Kobe should be in the loop or not.
It shows a clear sign of incompetence for Buss to say NOW that Kobe should've been involved

Is Mike Brown a guy who is going to lure free agents to the team at a lower price.......are guys going to have that kind of confidence in his abilities?????
He didn't seem to have any pull at all in Cleveland despite Lebron being there.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:41 AM   #374
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
The more I read up on Mike Brown the better I feel about his being signed..

I agree I think laker fans are being a bit too rash right now. The guy hasn't coached a game for the lakers. He did well with the cleveland squad in his first two years. some series losses can be blamed to lebron's tanking. Its unfair to judge him based on the ending in cleveland.

He's a defensive master mind. This is the same type of coaching as guys like poppovich and avery johnson. Just sit back and give him a chance. Geez!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:40 AM   #375
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I agree I think laker fans are being a bit too rash right now. The guy hasn't coached a game for the lakers. He did well with the cleveland squad in his first two years. some series losses can be blamed to lebron's tanking. Its unfair to judge him based on the ending in cleveland.

He's a defensive master mind. This is the same type of coaching as guys like poppovich and avery johnson. Just sit back and give him a chance. Geez!
I love the fact that the team now has a Defense First coach. The previous coaching staff led by Phil didnt place enough importance in being ready on D as a team. It was basically a man to man defense that left everything pretty much to each individual player. The Lakers defense hasnt been great since Rambis left. He really was the motivator that allowed the Lakers to deliver some great team D.

Now with Brown he will (according to reports) hold each player accountable for their individual defense and says that he has a plan to be executed. I loved Phil but now it seems that we will have someone more proactive. A coach who is young and has the hunger to build his legacy and reedem the foul rep that he got in Cleveland. And I think the Lakers are a perfect team for him to accomplish that with.. He has never had so many great players to work with. Artest and Bynum with their potential D. Odom and Gasol with their versatility. And of course Kobe with his Kobeosity.

The only aspect that is suspect at the moment is offense.. but its not like the Lakers stuck to the triagle that much this past season. Plus, as said.. Mike will have so much more than LeBron and a couple of decent shooters to work with..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: