Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-25-2011, 01:34 AM   #1
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default If You Could Trade #17 To Get 1 Player Back From Denver, Who Would It Be?

Lets just say Denver gives us back one of our guys as compensation for the Melo deal and to get another 1st Round Pick.

Who do you want back more?

Chandler?
Gallo?
Felton?
Mozgov?

I'd want Gallo back. After seeing how we played once we got Carmelo, I do now think there is a fit for Gallo on this team. He basically could receive all of the minutes we were giving to Shawne Williams as a guy to stretch the floor next to Stat & Melo. I would even try him at some minutes at SG.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:00 AM   #2
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If You Could Trade #17 To Get 1 Player Back From Denver, Who Would It Be?

Gallo obviously. Fan favorite. Crowd favorite. Public Address announcer favorite.

Still has tremendous potential and will only help the Knicks once Carmelo gets some rest on the bench.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:53 AM   #3
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If You Could Trade #17 To Get 1 Player Back From Denver, Who Would It Be?

It's actually a tough decision.

I wouldn't take Chandler because his contract is up.

Gallinari would provide the shooting to stretch the floor, teams can't pack the paint with him out there.
Felton would give us a real point guard again. Even though he sucked at times, we have a problem at the one.
Mozgov is exactly what we need, but it depends on who we can get in the summer. We need a big man, Mozgov fits that bill.

I'd take Gallo tho. We get the most value and keep cap space.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:04 AM   #4
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
It's actually a tough decision.

I wouldn't take Chandler because his contract is up.

Gallinari would provide the shooting to stretch the floor, teams can't pack the paint with him out there.
Felton would give us a real point guard again. Even though he sucked at times, we have a problem at the one.
Mozgov is exactly what we need, but it depends on who we can get in the summer. We need a big man, Mozgov fits that bill.

I'd take Gallo tho. We get the most value and keep cap space.

The way Chandler played in Denver they might just give him back with a receipt.

But I was torn between Gallo and Mozgov. I I was kinda skeptical about what Mozgov even was as a player but once he got minutes and adjusted to the pace he really showed he could be a factor. He was still a rookie, but maybe he'd make strides this summer.

Either it was a fluke and just an attempt to raise his trade value or Denver does not care to use him in any way.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:35 AM   #5
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Mozgov or Gallo. Then Felton. Chandler last.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

felton for his contract and then swap him and billups with fillers for okafor and paul
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
this
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #8
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Gallo obviously. Fan favorite. Crowd favorite. Public Address announcer favorite.

This is exactly why Gallo became overrated.What the hell does this have to do with basketball?

Quote:

So you'd rather have Mozgov who avg a whopping 3.6 ppg and 2 rpg than Chandler.Now if that aint a bias I dont know what is. He's worth a
1st round pick? C'mon yo seriously...are you really watching the games?Do you really like the Knicks and want to see them win or do you just want to see us become a team full of European players?What's next?Trade Melo for the rights to Ricky Rubio? Trade Amare for Bargnani ?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #9
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
This is exactly why Gallo became overrated.What the hell does this have to do with basketball?

So you'd rather have Mozgov who avg a whopping 3.6 ppg and 2 rpg than Chandler.Now if that aint a bias I dont know what is. He's worth a
1st round pick? C'mon yo seriously...are you really watching the games?Do you really like the Knicks and want to see them win or do you just want to see us become a team full of European players?What's next?Trade Melo for the rights to Ricky Rubio? Trade Amare for Bargnani ?

I'd take Chandler last as well. And you know I'm a big Chandler fan. He's just not a good fit anymore on this team, and the contract wouldn't help either. He'll demand a good amount of money this offseason.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #10
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

We need size and that's exactly what Mozgov can give us.

Chandler is a SF/PF and those are two positions we are best at.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #11
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

We already have a small forward though. We need a center.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea but Chandler also has value.Even if we don't need him,he's trade bait for the future.No1 is fighting over the chance to sign Mozgov.Not to mention he gets like 3 mill a yr.N to say he doesn't fit our team is essentially saying D'Antoni will be here for the long haul.I can see the argument for Gallo.Not Mozgov though...n damn sure not Felton...I can't stand that dude lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #13
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Yea but Chandler also has value.Even if we don't need him,he's trade bait for the future.No1 is fighting over the chance to sign Mozgov.Not to mention he gets like 3 mill a yr.N to say he doesn't fit our team is essentially saying D'Antoni will be here for the long haul.I can see the argument for Gallo.Not Mozgov though...n damn sure not Felton...I can't stand that dude lol
You don't see argument for Mozgov ?

Maybe because we don't have size and we can't draft a solid center because there aren't any in this draft ?
Mozgov is young,tall and he has shown improvement.

I see more argument for him than for Chandler who plays on our 2 strongest positions.

Mozgov's impact on this team >>>> Chandler's impact on this team
Old 05-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #14
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
I'd take Chandler last as well. And you know I'm a big Chandler fan. He's just not a good fit anymore on this team, and the contract wouldn't help either. He'll demand a good amount of money this offseason.

You should see how Chandler played in Denver, any thoughts of a "big contract" went out the window as now people think he was just a product of NY's system.

Hes always been a MLE guy to me anyways. Thats fair money for a good defender and a decent offensive option, but I wouldnt want him back in NY as he cant play SG.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #15
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Mozgov's a center. That's the argument.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: