Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #16
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If You Could Trade #17 To Get 1 Player Back From Denver, Who Would It Be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
You should see how Chandler played in Denver, any thoughts of a "big contract" went out the window as now people think he was just a product of NY's system.

Hes always been a MLE guy to me anyways. Thats fair money for a good defender and a decent offensive option, but I wouldnt want him back in NY as he cant play SG.

I don't know, didn't watch much of the Nuggets after Melo became a Knick.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #17
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If You Could Trade #17 To Get 1 Player Back From Denver, Who Would It Be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
This is exactly why Gallo became overrated.What the hell does this have to do with basketball?

Who says Gallo was overrated? He was not worthy of being drafted 6th, but no one says he doesn't have the talent or potential to be great. I just don't think Mikey D was a good coach for him.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #18
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Who says Gallo was overrated? He was not worthy of being drafted 6th, but no one says he doesn't have the talent or potential to be great. I just don't think Mikey D was a good coach for him.
He isn't overrated now, but yeah he was ridiculously on here.

He is a good player, but all you could hear is all this "potential" he has.

I disagree about D'antoni though.

This system was perfect for Gallo because he had a ton of minutes and opportunities to blossom as a player, basically was a starter the entire time here, no matter who we had on the team.

The guy I would bring back is Mozgov, not because I think he is the best out of the group.

We have an immediate need to bigs, and he is one.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #19
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

He is a good player, but all you could hear is all this "potential" he has.

I disagree about D'antoni though.

This system was perfect for Gallo because he had a ton of minutes and opportunities to blossom as a player, basically was a starter the entire time here, no matter who we had on the team.

The guy I would bring back is Mozgov, not because I think he is the best out of the group.

We have an immediate need to bigs, and he is one.
Yeah, I don't get why this is such a difficult concept to grasp. Knicks looked good with Mozgov.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:19 AM   #20
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Yeah, I don't get why this is such a difficult concept to grasp. Knicks looked good with Mozgov.
I cant see why either.

Mozgov clogged the middle, and couldnt be just left unguarded.

I did think he made improvement before being traded.

He became what we needed......

A serviceable big man.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:09 AM   #21
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

gallo no doubt
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #22
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What? Mozgov had like 3 good games now all of a sudden he was a difference maker? Im not saying he's a scrub altogether but c'mon. Let's keep it real.Dude was a bench warmer.He had as many DNP's as points n when he did get in,@ times he looked lost.You're gonna tell me that you'd rather that than Gallo or Chandler.Gallo is 6'10" with a jumper n decent handle.Chandler can defend 3 positions on the court.You mean to tell me you'd give up a #1 draft pick for Mozgov AND pass up on them?Thats crazy! You say he was a serviceable big man.You can get a serviceable big man in the draft....IN THE SECOND ROUND!If I'm gonna blow a 1st rounder on a non-elite big man,@ least try n get Deandre Jordan.That way you know you'll @ least have some shots being blocked.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #23
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What? Mozgov had like 3 good games now all of a sudden he was a difference maker? Im not saying he's a scrub altogether but c'mon. Let's keep it real.Dude was a bench warmer.He had as many DNP's as points n when he did get in,@ times he looked lost.You're gonna tell me that you'd rather that than Gallo or Chandler.Gallo is 6'10" with a jumper n decent handle.Chandler can defend 3 positions on the court.You mean to tell me you'd give up a #1 draft pick for Mozgov AND pass up on them?Thats crazy! You say he was a serviceable big man.You can get a serviceable big man in the draft....IN THE SECOND ROUND!If I'm gonna blow a 1st rounder on a non-elite big man,@ least try n get Deandre Jordan.That way you know you'll @ least have some shots being blocked.
lol i agree, all of a sudden, many delusional mozgov fans,
everyone's forgotten of butterfingers.

this was probably caused becaused knicks fans haven't seen anything better at our center position since ewing manned the middle.
bet if we get a scrub like dalembert, he would be god compared to mozgov.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #24
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Well, he made a difference in the games he was in. We actually out-rebounded opponents. Amar'e matched up against power forwards instead of centers. Those are nice differences. Plus he was young and big and athletic and getting better. He did a fantastic job on Andrew Bynum when the Nuggets played the Lakers. Really noticeable difference in a game they won.

No ones saying they would actually do this, I think. It's a hypothetical. If we blank, who would we blank. From the Nuggets. That was a Knick. The consensus is Mozgov, because we need a center. If the option was Dwight Howard, no one would take Mozgov. But that's not the thread.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #25
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ok well u mortgage the farm to get him back.I'd much rather pay a few thousand,get a 2nd round pick and draft a big man.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #26
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ok well u mortgage the farm to get him back.I'd much rather pay a few thousand,get a 2nd round pick and draft a big man.
Well who do we go after in Round 2? Since there is only 5 or 6 quality big men in this draft, I'm pretty sure there will be a run on them by the early 2nd round.

I do like Gary McGhee as an undrafted guy. Hes 6'10 260 with a strong body and was a factor for Pitt down low on defense.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #27
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:

Exactly!

Quote:
Well who do we go after in Round 2? Since there is only 5 or 6 quality big men in this draft, I'm pretty sure there will be a run on them by the early 2nd round.

I do like Gary McGhee as an undrafted guy. Hes 6'10 260 with a strong body and was a factor for Pitt down low on defense.

McGhee is a good idea as an undrafter or late 2nd round guy for sure.Even tho most remember him as the guy Kemba shook,he's tall and really strong.

A few big guys who may be available 2nd round that I wouldnt mind:

Keith Benson,Brian Qvale,Ric Jackson,Jeremy Tyler,JaJuan Johnson,Trey Thomkins,Yancy Gates,Jordan Williams,Greg Smith
Old 05-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #28
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Ok, brb.

This also reminds me to get the bathroom key back from Dolan. Guy's been in there a while...
Old 05-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #29
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Exactly!

McGhee is a good idea as an undrafter or late 2nd round guy for sure.Even tho most remember him as the guy Kemba shook,he's tall and really strong.

A few big guys who may be available 2nd round that I wouldnt mind:

Keith Benson,Brian Qvale,Ric Jackson,Jeremy Tyler,JaJuan Johnson,Trey Thomkins,Yancy Gates,Jordan Williams,Greg Smith

Yeah we gotta take the good with the bad with each guy who will be there in Round 2. Its like picking a prom date at the clinic.

Benson is 217lbs living on the John Henson diet.

Yancy Gates came back to school.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #30
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Yeah I did pick Mozgov, and I did say why.

He fills an immediate need.

While Chandler was my personal favorite, the fact he would have to be locked up contractually this upcoming season, and would be relegated to the bench behind Melo and Stat, I don't see the purpose going forward.

The position Chandler or Gallo would get time at are our strongest spots.

I didn't say he was the best out of the group, but fills a need, and is the cheapest of all of the players traded.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: