Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #31
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If You Could Trade #17 To Get 1 Player Back From Denver, Who Would It Be?

seriously now, id take gallo, if any, speaking in terms of his cheap contract.
he might have produced every other game with 20 at-least off the bench but if contracts weren't a issue, chandler off the bench would be gold. but knowing 'tonie, he wud use chandler as a pf probably but not gallo.

felton would have been my 2nd choice, having him as a starter with his speed and early season shooting touch would be nice to have at the pg.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #32
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If You Could Trade #17 To Get 1 Player Back From Denver, Who Would It Be?

Imo, it's a easy decision and it's Gallo for me.

With Melo and Amare your going to need shooters, Gallo will stretch the floor perfect and would be a solid #3 option. Not to mention he's tall, athletic, young and is a good defender. It might be a bit of a problem as where Gallo/Melo will play but I'm sure one would play PF. Chandler doesn't fit our needs..

Gallo is turning into a solid player with the Nuggs.. He's going to breakout next season.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #33
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly,even though I think Chandler is better,i think Gallo would be best for our time RIGHT NOW. I agree with everything you said...until you said he was a good defender...thats a joke.Otherwise,you hit the nail on the head.We need a knockdown shooter and while Gallo is as automatic as ppl try and make him out to be,he is definitely the better shooter out of the players we shipped in Denver.That being said,can we please stop saying he's going to have a breakout season next season?Im 100% sure theres been someone to say that every year he's been in the league on this board! Enough already lol

Either way,truth is,we could use all of those guys.We need talent.I dont think we can focus in on need in the draft.We should truly get the best player available.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #34
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Honestly,even though I think Chandler is better,i think Gallo would be best for our time RIGHT NOW. I agree with everything you said...until you said he was a good defender...thats a joke.Otherwise,you hit the nail on the head.We need a knockdown shooter and while Gallo is as automatic as ppl try and make him out to be,he is definitely the better shooter out of the players we shipped in Denver.That being said,can we please stop saying he's going to have a breakout season next season?Im 100% sure theres been someone to say that every year he's been in the league on this board! Enough already lol

Either way,truth is,we could use all of those guys.We need talent.I dont think we can focus in on need in the draft.We should truly get the best player available.
Who do you think that's going to be?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #35
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hard to say considering the mock drafts have varied so much this year.Just off of what little bit of consistency I saw,I think I'd go with Marshon Brooks.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #36
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Hard to say considering the mock drafts have varied so much this year.Just off of what little bit of consistency I saw,I think I'd go with Marshon Brooks.
This pick is more about need, than best available, right?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #37
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

If we didn't have Pringles D'Antoni as coach I'd bring back. Danilo Gallinari. Dani as a PF has Dirk Nowitzki-level upside with a middle ground of Keith Van Horn. If the Knicks had a defensive system to pull up mismatches a front line of Carmelo Anthony, Amar'e Stoudemire, and Dani would be too strong offensively for anyone to contend with.

Since Pringles is the coach I'd bring back Ray Felton. Chauncey Billups and Felton would arguably be the best starting and backup PG combination in the game.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #38
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
This pick is more about need, than best available, right?

other way around.i think brooks will be the best player availabel but we dont absolutely need a 2 guard moreso than other positions.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #39
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
other way around.i think brooks will be the best player availabel but we dont absolutely need a 2 guard moreso than other positions.
I actually type that backwards.

As much as we needs bigs though we have quite a few holes, and SG is one of them.

No matter who we draft, they will need to be able to step right in.

I really don't think our big man depth will be courtesy of the draft though.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:32 AM   #40
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gallo and Chandler have no place on this team anymore.

You people need to get over that damn crush you have, and move on.

"There are many fish in the sea."
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:27 AM   #41
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if i could redo that trade, i wud have put fields in it instead of gallo, knowing now how fields is ineffective in iso offense

but it is what it is, hopefully fields can get better acquainted with this offense during training camp, i see that whoever we draft will get some major playing time to improve greatly. future looks great.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #42
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Gallo and Chandler have no place on this team anymore.

You people need to get over that damn crush you have, and move on.

"There are many fish in the sea."
You're so brusque. Lighten up.

By the way, I want another 6'10" fish that can do this.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #43
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is a tough call. But let's do process of elimination.

Felton did a nice job on Knicks, but the league is so PG heavy, they no reason to take him. We have Billups and next year, we'll possibly have someone better.

Mozgov definitely showed potential, and I wish we didn't have to give him up, but can Mozgov be a front line starter in this league? I don't know. Too risky at this point.

So it really comes down to Gallo or Chandler. It's a tough call. Chandler has the most versatility in that he can play 2,3,or 4. But his ankle troubles cause me worry and I think he's maxed out his upside.

So for me, I'd take Gallo. Gallo would be a perfect "Toni Kukoc" for Knicks. 3rd scorer. Either off the bench carrying 2nd unit or playing with Melo and Amare in "small ball" with Gallo playing 4. I think Gallo's size, and is still untapped potential make him the take here. Plus, Gallo probably has most trade value if you needed to move him down the road.
bagelred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #44
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Very good answer I like Chandler as a player better but your answer was very clear and well explained.You actually convinced me lol
Old 06-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #45
redrich2000
I brick open layups

redrich2000 has no real reputation yet.

For me Felton would be a good enough PG for us to go all the way. If we had him back we could then concentrate all our efforts on a centre in 2012.
redrich2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: