Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #16
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Re: Bargnani Suggests Raptors May Not be his Ideal Team

I think that the writting on the wall was there for the past few months.

In order to assess what we "might get in a trade" you have to look at the teams where Barges offensive capability would nicely compliment their existing roster. Teams that are set at defensive big man - and are looking for match up troubles with a big "outside in shooter" at the 4 or 5 - most likely off the bench 50%

Warriors (any big)

Clippers (with two centers Kaman and Jordon)

76ers (Compliment Brand who has a inside game and need size)

Nuggets - especially if they loose Nene

Jazz?? Change of pace big ??

Magic ?? cause they lost Gorat in trade to the suns?

Washinton ?? To pair up with a big in the draft ?

Portland ?? Cause Aldridge is there as the dominant big and they need another piece with Gwall in scoring - BRoy being hurt ?
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #17
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really wish Gortat was still on Orlando so the Raptors could go after him. I could see them biting on Bargnani but there is nothing I'd want off that current mess of a roster.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #18
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I really wish Gortat was still on Orlando so the Raptors could go after him. I could see them biting on Bargnani but there is nothing I'd want off that current mess of a roster.

Maybe the Suns would do a deal?

If they picked between Gortat and Frye for example.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #19
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Maybe it's an assumption on my part, but if he's been telling Bargnani all along the same things he told the media at the end of this season, what reason would Bargnani have to feel slighted? You can coddle someone without telling them, "you're wonderful and your the best thing that's ever happened to this organization."

I think its one thing for it to be said to you in private between your self and coaches and/or GM, but its an entirely different realization/emotional response when those same comments go public. It embarrassing.

Obviously this is all speculation on my part with regards to what is said in public vs in private, but I have to assume that coaches and the GM have addressed Bargnani's deficiencies in private with him before this year. I mean, these guys aren't complete idiots.

I do think that the public constant defending of AB has coddled him to an extent, but its quite obvious the tactic to try and motivate the guy has changed. Triano did it to an extent during the year, but if he stays with the team, I wouldn't be surprised if the gloves came off this year in terms of public criticism and accountability.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #20
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also, Bargnani kinda retracted his comments today. Not in his own quotes, bu through Raptors PR.

Quote:
I wish to personally clarify and correct an inaccurate portrayal of my words that recently appeared in the media. Much of what I said was taken out of context with respect to an entire conversation.

I want to make clear my love for Toronto and that I consider the city a second home. I never said that I want to leave Toronto and Im sorry if fans interpreted the inaccuracy that way.

I am proud to represent Toronto and the Raptors organization. I appreciate what Bryan Colangelo and the organization has done for me during the past five years of my career. I will always continue to work to improve myself as a player in an effort to reward the organization and our fans with the best team possible.

As Bruce Arthur from the Nation Post put it: "So now we know there are two kinds of defence that Andrea Bargnani isn't very good at"
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #21
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

To further clarify my own statement, by "coddling him" I didn't mean that I think BC has told him, "everything about your game is perfect, and you don't need to improve at all." I meant that I think (and of course I don't know this for a fact) that BC told him things in such a way as to say "you're coming along fine, but you need to work a little on improving your defense and rebounding in the coming year." Rather than telling those things to him in such a way that said "improve it or else." And the ultimate proof of that should probably be the fact that he's still here.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #22
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Also, Bargnani kinda retracted his comments today. Not in his own quotes, bu through Raptors PR.

As Bruce Arthur from the Nation Post put it: "So now we know there are two kinds of defence that Andrea Bargnani isn't very good at"

Actually, this is true.
Having seen the original interview, the quotes are out of context.
The only one which is pretty much accurate is the one on BC's comments (and not BC) not being too brave (a figure of speech that is difficult to translate in english).
Also, the italian media made a HUGE deal of BC's comments, highlighting enormously the "enigma of the enigmas" stuff (taking that out of context too, omitting the whole part where BC talked about bringing in a C to play with Bargs).
Just to give you a clearer picture of this story.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #23
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Maybe it's an assumption on my part, but if he's been telling Bargnani all along the same things he told the media at the end of this season, what reason would Bargnani have to feel slighted? You can coddle someone without telling them, "you're wonderful and your the best thing that's ever happened to this organization."

Yeah, Colangelo was very fair and not overly negative or positive about Bargs at that press conference.

But they gotta keep things peaceful going itni the season to keep Bargs' trade value up.

I smell a trade with the Lakers coming.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #24
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

get this trash out of out here.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #25
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

A tear of joy came to my eye when I read this. Please BC get that piece of trash out of here!!

Quick thought, If Bargs gets traded, does that mean 'lilbeastnani' will move to another forum? ...two birds one stone!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #26
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
I don't think Bargnani will be difficult to get rid of. I'm sure there are plenty of genius GMs out there who think "We can fix him!". What would be interesting would be to see what comes back.

One thing I'll give Colangalo credit for is that he tends to get good value from trades. But then he needs to after handing out horibble contracts.
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #27
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

San Antonio...if McDyess is going, give the spot to Bargnani...just get him out of here!
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #28
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
A tear of joy came to my eye when I read this. Please BC get that piece of trash out of here!!

Quick thought, If Bargs gets traded, does that mean 'lilbeastnani' will move to another forum? ...two birds one stone!
Quick answer.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #29
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #30
HOV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HOV has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
San Antonio...if McDyess is going, give the spot to Bargnani...just get him out of here!
I heard Pop wanted to start Splitter alongside Duncan next year.

Bargs for Cleveland's fourth would be sick. maybe we could deal him to Phoenix for the 13th pick and someone like Frye or Lopez.
HOV is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: